Send Topic Print
TNA Women (Read 39560 times)
spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Re: TNA Women
Reply #2595 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 8:08pm

Yeah, when you think about it, she's really the next woman they should put in their Hall of Fame.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2596 - Oct 6th, 2016 at 5:27pm

TNA tapings keep getting rescheduled due to Hurricane Matthew.  Which naturally brings a response from another Matthew:

#BROKEN Matt Hardy ‏@MATTHARDYBRAND  · 12h12 hours ago 

I can slap a Tornado but I may have to DELETE a Hurricane.  And maybe @ShaneHelmsCom.

I keep a strict schedule. http://impac.tw/HMatthew

Yeah, I know, this isn't about the women.  But c'mon, it just rocks.  Grin

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2597 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 8:55pm

This is just rich.  Donald Trump once fired a contestant on The Apprentice, citing what he called "locker room" talk. That contestant: Maria Kanellis.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/300320-trump-once-fired-a-celeb...

The story's circulating now, for obvious reasons.  Wonder how much attention this will get and if TNA will find a way to promote it?  With various media outlets looking to interview Apprentice contestants, you'd think TNA or Maria on her own could at least get a couple interviews out if it.

Update: I see TNA just posted on this, noting that "News outlets such as CNN, The Daily Show, and Newsweek have reached out to Maria about this controversy. Stay tuned to impactwrestling.com and @impactwrestling socials for more information regarding this subject."  So yeah, they're doing something with this. More at:

http://impactwrestling.com/donald-trump-previously-fired-maria-kanellis-bennett-...

And here's the clip of Trump rebuking her and firing her:

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/785597497737670657

IP Logged

wgonzo64
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2598 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 9:17pm

Sorry   but give me a break.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2599 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 5:26pm

kam16 wrote on Oct 11th, 2016 at 8:55pm:
This is just rich.  Donald Trump once fired a contestant on The Apprentice, citing what he called "locker room" talk. That contestant: Maria Kanellis.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/300320-trump-once-fired-a-celeb...

The story's circulating now, for obvious reasons.  Wonder how much attention this will get and if TNA will find a way to promote it?  With various media outlets looking to interview Apprentice contestants, you'd think TNA or Maria on her own could at least get a couple interviews out if it.

Update: I see TNA just posted on this, noting that "News outlets such as CNN, The Daily Show, and Newsweek have reached out to Maria about this controversy. Stay tuned to impactwrestling.com and @impactwrestling socials for more information regarding this subject."  So yeah, they're doing something with this. More at:

http://impactwrestling.com/donald-trump-previously-fired-maria-kanellis-bennett-...

And here's the clip of Trump rebuking her and firing her:

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/785597497737670657

Maria's first interview, with a couple of new anecdotes -- notably, Trump saw something he didn't like about her body and told her she should have it fixed because it was an "imperfection."  Read on:

http://www.etonline.com/news/200192_maria_kanellis_on_donald_trump_firing_her_fr...

Which in turn made USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/10/12/ex-apprentice-candidate-maria-k...

Not trying to turn this into the political board, but it's newsworthy re: Maria and mainstream (as opposed to pro wrestling) press.  I won't post every time a media outlet picks her story up, but may do so when she gets some major ones.  If she does an on-camera interview (she hasn't yet, but it's presumably coming), the coverage will spread, of course.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #2600 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 12:21am

Billy Corgan is suing Dixie Carter.

If Maria learned any negotiating skills on Celebrity Apprentice, nows the time to use them.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2601 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 5:19am

Maria on CNN:

IP Logged

6789shav
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2602 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 6:44pm

TNA story broke onto Yahoo News feed yesterday (Oct. 15). Appears the company is about to go belly up. Sale seems to be falling through. Lots of debts, including several million in back taxes owed to state of Tennessee.

kam wrote in Reply #2599 :  "not trying to turn this into the political board."   Given that Trump is a paid entertainer; along with whatever else he claims to be, or that people think he is; it's hard to avoid that scenario.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #2603 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 5:29am

6789shav wrote on Oct 16th, 2016 at 6:44pm:
kam wrote in Reply #2599 :  "not trying to turn this into the political board."   Given that Trump is a paid entertainer; along with whatever else he claims to be, or that people think he is; it's hard to avoid that scenario.

You know what he is? He's a WWE Hall of Famer, that's who he is! Tells you all you need to know.

Yes, Dixie's run debts up the wazoo, and has no assets of value outside the tape library to cover any of them. What's more, she hid all of this from Billy, Aeroluxe, and the Fight Network while she was hitting them up for the cash to fund the last four groups of tapings.  She also misrepresented what they'd be getting in return for their cash.

So Billy is suing for his money back. I believe one of his loans was to the corp, so good luck there. But one of them is in writing to Dixie personally, and she probably has the cash or personal assets to pay up. Unless Tennessee gets all of it first.

Now that they've exposed the books, none of the interested investors want TNA anymore. So it looks like they're done. What remains to be seen is if Billy can finagle that TV time slot from POP and start anew.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #2604 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 5:47am

Billy might want to start praying that POP doesn't take the old TBS/TNT approach, remember Ted Turner kind of got forced to dump WCW from the airwaves. They may not want wrestling now after the TNA meltdown, even if Billy successfully overhauls the company y'know.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2605 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 5:58am

spin wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 5:29am:
6789shav wrote on Oct 16th, 2016 at 6:44pm:

You know what he is? He's a WWE Hall of Famer, that's who he is! Tells you all you need to know.

Yes, Dixie's run debts up the wazoo, and has no assets of value outside the tape library to cover any of them. What's more, she hid all of this from Billy, Aeroluxe, and the Fight Network while she was hitting them up for the cash to fund the last four groups of tapings.  She also misrepresented what they'd be getting in return for their cash.

So Billy is suing for his money back. I believe one of his loans was to the corp, so good luck there. But one of them is in writing to Dixie personally, and she probably has the cash or personal assets to pay up. Unless Tennessee gets all of it first.

Now that they've exposed the books, none of the interested investors want TNA anymore. So it looks like they're done. What remains to be seen is if Billy can finagle that TV time slot from POP and start anew.

Good luck to him -- and however many of the talent could go with him if he succeeds.  If anyone's interested in KO spoilers (assuming the shows taped, which go into December, all air)....

-- The final KO champ when TNA ends will be Rosemary.  Gail will be taken out by Decay and forced to surrender the title: The top two contenders are Rosemary and Jade, and the former wins it in a cage match. 

-- Matt Hardy announces Rosemary will defend the title next year in an episode taped entirely at the Hardy compound, Total Nonstop Deletion.  Uh, well, no she won't. But the idea may have been for her to defend against Reby.

-- Allie finally breaks from Maria and starts learning to wrestle (taught in storyline by Braxton Sutter, AKA Pepper Parks, her real-life husband), and, ironically, wins a TNA contract (in a match with Laurel Van Ness, AKA Chelsea Green).  That and a dime now will get you ... well, one dime. (Sorry, Enzo fans, but the "zero dimes" line didn't quite work here.)

And that's where things are likely to end. 

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2606 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 6:03am

Cas wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 5:47am:
Billy might want to start praying that POP doesn't take the old TBS/TNT approach, remember Ted Turner kind of got forced to dump WCW from the airwaves. They may not want wrestling now after the TNA meltdown, even if Billy successfully overhauls the company y'know.

If he does, it wouldn't be an overhaul: It'd be a new company with a new name, though he'd probably use some of the same talent.

Word is some of the talent might sue for breach of contract because they haven't been paid for the last set of tapings, which would immediately make them free agents who wouldn't have to wait out non-compete clauses (those who have any).

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2607 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 3:13am

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2608 - Nov 4th, 2016 at 5:15am

I think this might've been from last year's Knockout Workout series:

http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/full/807308942.png

BTW, if/when TNA goes under, tonight's Lashley/Eddie Edwards match reminds me that those are two talents WWE should try to snap up.  Especially Lashley for a second go-round. He's one guy I could see fans taking seriously as a threat to Lesnar -- a real fighter with enough power, speed and skill to make for an interesting contest.

« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2016 at 2:59pm by kam16 »  

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2609 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 3:47am

The dude (her trainer) is the one doing the flexing, but Allie's arms are starting to get a little definition.  She talks a lot lately about working out, so maybe she'll develop:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxgoMzcVIAAUxw7.jpg

Speaking of TNA, it's now under new management and a KO is part of the booking team, at least for the moment: It's said to be John Gaburick, Matt Conway and Madison Rayne. 

Things are in flux with their new relationship with Anthem Sports & Entertainment, owners of the Fight Network and TNA's creditors.  Corgan's gone and creative head Dave Lagana resigned.  Dixie's still there but sidelined from a lot of decisions.  Someone new is liable to join creative, but for now and perhaps in the future (however long that is), Madison is on the team.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 ... 182
Send Topic Print