TNA Women (Read 532554 times)
kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Re: TNA Women
Reply #2625 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 7:02pm

Angelina Love tweets:

Lauren/Angelina Love ‏@ActualALove  · Jan 1 

Looking forward to this week and next! Going to be very busy 😏.....

Reading between the lines, that may mean she's back at TNA's tapings: They're set for Jan. 4 or 5 (I've seen different start dates) through 10, and they pack in a lot of filming, enough to run into March.

She's also said she's very interested in entering NXT's upcoming women's tournament. You could see her getting a shot there, with all the ex-TNA folk there vouching for her (including her fellow Canadians Roode and EY) and NXT working in more veterans to work with young talent.  But I can't find anything indicating they're taping that just yet, so some time in TNA wouldn't necessarily close the NXT door.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2626 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 6:37pm

Maria's perspective, in her words:

mariakanellis Never wanted to be the chic with muscles but it's a body type thing. I always wanted to be a waif. But, I am not naturally thin. So, here I am 2017, 34, been in the business 12 years, down in Orlando for @impactwrestling for 9 shows. Let's do this!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BO4pMHSjS8l/

IP Logged

6789shav
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2627 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 11:51pm

"including her fellow Canadians Roode and EY......."  Have noted; as I'm sure you guys have; that Austin Ares has been doing some commentary on WWE the past few weeks. Another one of the good TNA vets who apparently got tired of the unstable future there.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #2628 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 4:54am

A Double fractured his orbital bone in an NXT match a couple of months ago. This is why he's currently on commentary duty. As soon as he's cleared for duty he'll be a feature in the cruisers, possibly working a program with Neville. That should be fun.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2629 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 4:39am

Spoiler Alert for an upcoming Impact:

* Brooke defeated Deonna Purrazzo. Post match, Sienna attacks Brooke and eventually lays her out.

So we know (A) Brooke's long layoff won't keep her out of in-ring action; (B) Sienna is her first feud, whether short or long.  (It'd make sense to team her with Allie to take on Maria's Lady Squad.)  (C) Deonna Purrazzo is one busy young woman between ROH, NXT, Smackdown (first as "Jane Ellsworth," then La Luchadora) and now TNA.

BTW, although Decay's new music is still pretty good, I'll miss them coming out to "the Nobodies."  That made for one of the most gripping entrances around.  Got a hunch that using Marilyn Manson's music was done in connection with Billy Corgan, and when he went, the music followed. 

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #2630 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 5:14am

THE one and only Brooke Adams is back ???  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I didn't see that one coming.

Against Deonna too ? That could be fun, being Deonna can be more herself in TNA than with the WWE. Perhaps we are treated to wee bit of a flex off ?  Smiley Smiley Smiley

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2631 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 5:21am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Jan 8th, 2017 at 5:14am:
THE one and only Brooke Adams is back ???  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I didn't see that one coming.

Against Deonna too ? That could be fun, being Deonna can be more herself in TNA than with the WWE. Perhaps we are treated to wee bit of a flex off ?  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Brooke and Angelina Love too. (See Brooke's thread for more.)  Brooke hasn't hinted at this on her social media, preserving the surprise so far.  Angelina vaguely hinted at it on hers.

Oh, FWIW, Raquel (Gabi from Tough Enough) is gone.  since she was hardly ever on screen, no one would notice.  I wonder how long Marti will be there: They don't use her much more often these days.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #2632 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 5:38am

kam16 wrote on Jan 8th, 2017 at 5:21am:
Oh, FWIW, Raquel (Gabi from Tough Enough) is gone.  since she was hardly ever on screen, no one would notice.  I wonder how long Marti will be there: They don't use her much more often these days.

Gabi is doing a lot of Indy shows in the Florida area, including SHINE. It looks like she's serious about the pro wrestling thing, which is good. I'm guessing she's blown off TNA to get a shot at the NXT women's tournament in April.

They haven't had a real program for Marti since they split up the Dollhouse. A brief one sided program with Jade has been it. Maybe they'll program her with Gail when she recovers from injury.

I'm shocked Brooke is back doing in ring this early; good for her. Don't thing she's ready yet for any flex offs, though.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2633 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 5:04am

More spoilers from the next-to-last day of TNA tapings (probably airing in February, maybe the later half of the month) to let you know who's heel, who's face, who's coming back or coming in (Alexxis Neveah), who's splitting from factions, etc.

* The final battle is up next, Lashley vs Eddie Edwards for the title in Eddie’s last shot. Lashley was going to use the belt but Davey grabbed it and took it away, Alexxis Neveah is in the front row as well. Davey & Angelina beating down Eddie and Alexxis post match.

* Cody & Brandi Rhodes are out, Cody says he has been everywhere but now he is back at Impact Wrestling. Cody said the crowd is just too sweet. Cody wants to personally thank Moose for helping Brandi with Decay, so he asks Moose to come out. Cody says Moose is family to them and is a Rhodes, Moose says he will always have both of their backs. Cody is mad that Brandi has Moose’s number, asks them if they are going to sleep together. Cody says Moose isn’t a friend, Moose is a slut.Brandi asks Cody if he’s joking, Cody says he’s joking, perhaps it was in bad taste, but then kicks Moose in the balls. Cody beats down Moose, then makes a Bullet Club hand gesture to Moose while he’s on the ground before grabbing Brandi and leaving.

* Jade called out Rosemary, Rosemary says Decay is finished with her, Jade says it doesn’t matter, she’s not done with them. Jade challenges Rosemary to a Last Knockout Standing match, Rosemary accepts. (Note: Earlier spoilers I didn't post show that in between, they have a killer Monster's Ball match. So Last KO Standing would be their third big one.)

* Allie has been instructed by Maria to come out and invite everyone to the wedding of Braxton Sutter and Laurel Van Ness tomorrow.

* Moose doesn’t care what club Cody is in, who he is the grandson of, or who he left in the dust. It won’t matter because Cody will regret the day he messed with Moose. Cody blindsides Moose and they are having a brawl that cannot be separated by security. Wrestlers out to spectate the brawling now, Moose did a dive to the outside that took out security guards, Brandi visibly upset.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #2634 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 4:49am

So that home wrecker Chelsea Green is now 0 for 2 on marriage breakup attempts. She was foiled in her plot to split up Daniel Bryan and Brie, and now her alter ego Laurel Van Ness has miserably failed her try at breaking up Cherry Bomb and Pepper Parks, or at least their alter egos Allie and Braxton Sutter. When he was asked to say I do, he says he don't. He's not in love with Laurel, he loves Allie, which he should because in real life they're married. Here though, he can't date Allie, because Maria will fire her if he does. So Allie does the right thing for her career and quits. Run Allie Run! Far away from the Impact Zone, flee! Don't say you weren't warned.

And in other news for which Dasha can ask pertinent questions in the future, Rosemary won the Last KO standing match with Jade. So the valiant babyface has now lost 3 times in a row to the dastardly heel. Run Jade Run! And take Eddie Kingston along with you before Laurel Van Ness finds him!

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2635 - Jan 16th, 2017 at 4:42am

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2636 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 5:51am

Nice return for Brooke tonight.  She's immediately more over and shows more face charisma than any KO with the possible exception of Allie, who's been built for the past year. Her match was properly basic for her first return bout, mostly focused on showing her fire in a fight, with a few old spots and one or two new moves thrown in.

None of this was anything spectacular, but I enjoyed it because of various little touches that sent a message KO booking hasn't sent much in the last couple years -- "we actually care." For example:

-- Brooke immediately got a storyline when she ran into Maria, solidly delivering her no-nonsense "I don't take your B.S." promo.  Brooke feels more real on the mic than most of the girls.  She doesn't seem to be reading dialogue, and she doesn't try to do something fancy when something basic is called for.

-- Deonna Purrazzo was a good choice for Brooke's return match. She's on point in the ring, getting just the right amount of offense (including the opening flurry of chain-wrestling moves) while Brooke still got the bulk of it -- just the right mix to please the crowd without making it a squash. Purrazzo  immediately showed personality screaming "you can't wrestle," and ...

-- The announcers gave Deonna some back story even though she's not a regular character.  They sold from the start that she'd be no pushover (no "Jane Ellsworth") and recalled the early-career match with Brooke on a One Night Only PPV three years ago. So they have a virtual newcomer to TNA some history, gave her a reason for having an attitude toward Brooke, and made One Night Only specials actually seem to matter a little, building them into the continuity.

-- Madison Rayne on commentary. Now playing a guiding role in the KOs booking, she knows what themes to sell and she's steadily improving in her ability to deliver them. She gets bonus points for her response when Josh delivered one of his silly hype lines at the end of the match. He asked her if the Knockouts Division is the best or the hottest (I forget which) it had ever been, and instead of taking the cue from her real-life hubby, she turned it back to how happy Brooke was to be back.  Madison has been around too long and respects the past KOs too much to diminish them by saying something so absurd. (Back to that "we actually care" message, it's clear she actually cares.)

Again, these are all just little things.  But they're little things the women haven't had for a while.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #2637 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 6:15am

Brooke is definitely awesome and certainly has come a long way from "Extreme Expose" to be the great in ring talent she is now. That being said, it can not be understated how much Lisa Marie Varon had to with Brooke's development. From helping her in the ring, training together, developing Brooke's wrestling character, and helping her bring out all that personality she has. I don't think Lisa Marie gets enough credit in that regard. We owe her a big "Thank you !".  Smiley

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #2638 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 1:41pm

Yes, if Lisa Marie doesn't mind working in Florida, WWE could do worse than to hire her as a trainer in their Performance Center.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2639 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 3:25pm

Lisa Marie has been getting appreciation this week on Diva Dirt, where they just gave her a legacy award (lifetime achievement). Among several posts, there's a pretty good discussion about which of her runs was better: WWE or TNA.

http://www.diva-dirt.com/130362/better-lisa-marie-varon-run-wwe-tna/

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 
Send Topic Print