Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 61
Send Topic Print
Independent and Misc. Women Wrestlers (Read 35261 times)
kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Re: Independent and Misc. Women Wrestlers
Reply #780 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 5:49am

Heads up: Ring of Honor is advertising next weekend's show as another Women of Honor episode.  If it's like the last one, that should be worth watching.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #781 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 6:05pm

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Maestro Of The Dawg Pound

Reply #782 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 7:01pm

kam16 wrote on Dec 4th, 2016 at 5:49am:
Heads up: Ring of Honor is advertising next weekend's show as another Women of Honor episode.  If it's like the last one, that should be worth watching.

I've always questioned why they created the Women of Honor.  It's not a typical women's division.  There are no storylines.  No champion.  They're not even featured on TV, other than the same commercial for the WOH t-shirt that they always show.  The only thing they do is post a match every now and then to YouTube on Wednesdays.  Hence, Women of Honor Wednesday.  The action isn't horrible.  Although they do have a few comical wrestlers like Crazy Mary Dobson and ThunderKitty.  I just wish that they would take the few stars that they have; Mandy Leon, Taeler Hendrix, Kelly Klein, and now Jessika Havok, and create a legit division over a title. 

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #783 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 9:17pm

kam16 wrote on Dec 4th, 2016 at 5:49am:

Actually, it will be worth watching. There's a no-dq match with Taelor Hendrix and Mandy Leon that's said to be wild and off the charts. And there's an angle after a match with Deonna Purazzo and Sumie Sakai.

And I don't know if they're teasing it on this show, but there's something leading to a Women of Honor championship featuring Kelly Klein (aka Mary Elizabeth Monroe).

Too late for Crazy Mary; she's now Sarah Bridges at NXT.

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Reply #784 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 6:36pm

I'd say that the WOH would be awesome if they ever cooked up some storylines.  You have the undefeated badass in Kelly Klein  You have the monster heel in Jessika Havok.  The fan favorite in Mandy Leon.  And the sexy, evil seductress in Taeler Hendrix.  I could just see B.J Whitmer turning on Kelly, Possibly in a match with Taeler.  This could turn Kelly into the tweener heel.  Some good stuff to work with if they only got creative. 

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #785 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 7:05pm

MaestroDawg65 wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 6:36pm:
I'd say that the WOH would be awesome if they ever cooked up some storylines.  You have the undefeated badass in Kelly Klein  You have the monster heel in Jessika Havok.  The fan favorite in Mandy Leon.  And the sexy, evil seductress in Taeler Hendrix.  I could just see B.J Whitmer turning on Kelly, Possibly in a match with Taeler.  This could turn Kelly into the tweener heel.  Some good stuff to work with if they only got creative. 

Agreed. The problem they have is it's only an hour show each week: The women are at some house shows that most of us never see. But a women's division is important and worth making room for, with a match and a real storyline or two every few weeks. (Even their top men only appear every few weeks.) ROH presents itself as a cutting-edge company, so to not at least have a women's title looks backward by contrast -- especially when they already have access to enough quality women wrestlers to support it.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #786 - Dec 10th, 2016 at 8:11pm

MaestroDawg65 wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 6:36pm:

This weekend's show turned out to have a different lineup, though it appears the one described above is coming up next time.  (They allude to the Mandy/Taeler no-DQ.)  Here's what we got:

Deonna Purrazzo vs. Candice Le Rae.  A few timing issues, but a lot of good sequences, highlighting the need for more matches, more time working together. Both of them have a lot of moves, and Candice is great at getting the crowd behind her. Deonna does several flexes on her entrance, although they're either quick or not close up.

Sumie Sakai and Faye Jackson vs. Veda Scott and Kennedi Brink.  Choppy. Would have been improved by more of Veda and Sumie together.

Mandy Leon vs. Jessicka Havok. Story is that Havok is Taeler Hendrix' hitwoman to take out Leon prior to their no-DQ.  Mandy is good as the underdog and has all the makings of a great face (in more ways than one).

Kelli Klein vs. ODB.  Best ODB match I've seen.  Usually, she's got the power edge: For once, she's up against someone close to her size. Klein looks very credible against her, her power and style meshing nicely.  (Ever see anyone do an Northern Lights suplex on ODB? Klein does, and both of them execute it well.)

Speaking of Klein:

http://rohwrestling.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/wrestler_profile_featured...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cf9QROIVIAE8RkG.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTUxgNAUAAEc62P.jpg

http://www.gerweck.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/kelly-klein-072916.jpg

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Reply #787 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 7:32am

I watched the WOH show.  There were plenty of good, and yet some bad moments.  In the Purazzo vs. Le Rae match, I wonder if Candice falling off the ropes doing the Old School was actually a botch.  Weather it was or not, it certainly helped sell Deonna's submission game.  The tag match was one gigantic clusterf$ck.  LOL  The only good part was when Kennedi probably got tired of dealing with Veda and she began to use Scott as a human battering ram.  Although they are a pretty good combination of comedy heel and miserable badass.  The Leon vs. Havok match was awesome.  Leon actually sold that she was affraid of Havok in the beginning.  The end was suspect, but it still made both ladies look strong.  If only Havok would have used her chokeslam during the match!  The ODB vs Klein match was awesome because it was one of the first ones that I've seen that made Klein look vulnerable to losing.  And it also made ODB look strong because in the end, she never tapped out. 

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Reply #788 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 7:43am

By the way, I did enjoy that ROH gave Klein her own little video vignette before her match.  That may be a sign that they're seriously going to push her.  I tweeted Klein after the show telling her that she took the BAM out of ODB.  Smiley  And she retweeted it.   Cheesy  Now I'm a huge fan.  Smiley  I've tweeted Veda a bunch, and the only time she responded was when I kind of joked about her constantly making excuses for not being available to do her segment of Taz's "In The Indies" segment for his radio show.  Veda always made the excuse that she was in the air traveling and couldn't do the segment.  One time Taz said on air that if Veda just didn't want to do the segment, just say so.  LOL 

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #789 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 5:19pm

MaestroDawg65 wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 7:43am:
One time Taz said on air that if Veda just didn't want to do the segment, just say so.  LOL 

And she just may not. Veda asked for and got her release from ROH. So where is she headed next? NXT? A reunion with Moose in TNA? Stay tuned.

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Reply #790 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 6:37pm

spin wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 5:19pm:
MaestroDawg65 wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 7:43am:
One time Taz said on air that if Veda just didn't want to do the segment, just say so.  LOL 

And she just may not. Veda asked for and got her release from ROH. So where is she headed next? NXT? A reunion with Moose in TNA? Stay tuned.

I don't think Veda could seriously find a home in either TNA or NXT without doing a major overhaul of her persona.  She can't be the lawyer/wrestler forever.  That gimmick has already been done to death.  Unless they bring her in as maybe Maria's assistant in TNA.  Just have her not wrestle.  She wouldn't be taken seriously for any title.  Maybe she should just try to continue to do independents or maybe fall back onto her law degree. 

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #791 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 7:19pm

WWE/NXT have been on a hiring/scouting spree, and Veda has done at least one TNA One Night Only KO special, so you could see either one.  (Or maybe she'll open a law firm with David Otunga.  Grin)

Re: Kelly Klein, forgot to mention that she also pops a flex during her ring entrance on this weekend's ROH.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #792 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 12:41am

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #793 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 1:10am