Send Topic Print
Ronda Rousey (Read 5968 times)
kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Re: Ronda Rousey
Reply #135 - Dec 20th, 2016 at 5:22am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Dec 20th, 2016 at 5:00am:
I don't know what kind of fight Ronda will bring into the ring with her on Dec. 30th but one thing for sure her physique is as impressive as ever.

https://scontent-ord1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/15623843_68855999798844
4_4464243914324312064_n.jpg

scontent-ord1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/15623843_688559997988444_4464243914324312064_n.jpg

I would not want to get hit by someone with that kind of muscle behind her punch.   Cheesy

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #136 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 12:39am

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2016/1229/dm_161229_MMA_Presser_Ronda_Rousey_A...

Video (flexing by Nunes at the end as she walks off stage):

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #137 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 5:54am

Ronda's done....sadly.  Sad

As good as she looked at the weigh in, as hard as she may have trained, once she got into the octagon she was gun shy. Never tried anything, she just got her clock cleaned.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #138 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 5:55am

Yep that was fast. 48 seconds. Nunes just kept tagging Ronda until Herb Dean rightly stopped it. Ronda just can't avoid a good striker. No head movement. We've now confirmed the flaw in Ronda's game.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #139 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:02am

Ronda was literally a stationary target for Amanda. As you said Spin, no head movement and she stood straight up. I don't know what Ronda's strategy was but it certainly couldn't/shouldn't have been that. I don't know why Ronda didn't try to go low right away and get Amanda off her feet. Really looked like Ronda wasn't even thinking about that. Ronda is done. No fighter recovers from two beatings in a row like that. Worse for Ronda I can't imagine this being good for her star power. Actually considering how fragile Ronda was mentally after losing to Holly, I am really scared for Ronda now and I really don't think she has the best support group around her aside from family. 

In some ways the fall of Ronda the fighter is eerily similar to the fall of Mike Tyson. Two fighters that went from intimidating, dominating, fierce, scary, and unbeatable to now just seeming even less than mortal.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #140 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:18am

Yeah I blame her coach. He was under the delusion that somehow Ronda was this awesome striker. She needed to jab right away and keep her head on a swivel, try to get underneath the barrage of punches early and get inside. None of that happened.

On the other hand  Nunes does have awesome punching power, and even better, it's long range power. Neither Miesha or Ronda were able to solve it. That's impressive.

With regards to Tyson, Ronda does have one advantage. She never tried to bite her opponent's ear!  Grin 

After this showing, Ronda is a cinch for Wrestlemania now.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #141 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:43am

spin wrote on Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:18am:
Yeah I blame her coach. He was under the delusion that somehow Ronda was this awesome striker. She needed to jab right away and keep her head on a swivel, try to get underneath the barrage of punches early and get inside. None of that happened.

On the other hand  Nunes does have awesome punching power, and even better, it's long range power. Neither Miesha or Ronda were able to solve it. That's impressive.

With regards to Tyson, Ronda does have one advantage. She never tried to bite her opponent's ear!  Grin 

I'm not so sure about Ronda and Wrestlemania. The WWE may be interested but as I said I am very concerned about Ronda's mental state going forward.

About Ronda and Miesha not being able to solve Amanda's punching power, I don't think anybody knew how hard Amanda could really hit until after the Tate fight including Miesha herself. I think if Miesha really understood the power Amanda had going into that fight her defensive strategy would have been better though the end result may have been the same. Either Team Ronda just had awful strategy and/or again in a roundabout way of dissing Miesha just never took Amanda's punching power seriously. Miesha actually had this fight nailed in her prediction. She said Amanda would nail Ronda at some point and how Ronda reacts to it will determine the fight. She didn't think Ronda would react well and she was right. Fight over in 48 seconds.

The next big fight out there for Amanda you would think be Cris Cyborg, unless she gets suspended. That fight between two powerhouses would sell big. If Cyborg is a no go, got to think Juliana Pena would get a shot.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #142 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:58am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:43am:
spin wrote on Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:18am:

I'm not so sure about Ronda and Wrestlemania. The WWE may be interested but as I said I am very concerned about Ronda's mental state going forward.

About Ronda and Miesha not being able to solve Amanda's punching power, I don't think anybody knew how hard Amanda could really hit until after the Tate fight including Miesha herself. I think if Miesha really understood the power Amanda had going into that fight her defensive strategy would have been better thought the end result may have been the same. Either Team Ronda just had awful strategy and/or again in a roundabout way of dissing Miesha just never took Amanda's punching power seriously. Miesha actually had this fight nailed in her prediction. She said Amanda would nail Ronda at some point and how Ronda reacts to it will determine the fight. She didn't think Ronda would react well and she was right. Fight over in 48 seconds.

The next big fight out there for Amanda you would think be Cris Cyborg, unless she gets suspended. That fight between two powerhouses would sell big. If Cyborg is a no go, got to think Juliana Pena would get a shot.

The winner of Pena-Shevchenko. Cyborg is never making 135 pounds again. Only fight for her is Holly at 145, and I'm not even sure she can make that.

This result is not great for the women's division. The only fighter left that has crossover appeal is Holly. The big buy rates for a woman's fight is gone for now.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #143 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 7:43am

Amanda could easily fight at 145 if she chose to go that route. The only question would be if she brings that same power to the featherweight division.

Amanda by destroying the two most popular and biggest names in Women's MMA back to back is an automatic draw in of itself now. Getting her opponents is the problem. Cat Zingano has a victory over Amanda but that was a few years ago before Cat fought Ronda. Cat herself is on a two fight losing streak after being decisioned by Juliana Pena. Granted Amanda certainly seems to be a different and better fighter now compared when she lost to Cat but there is that bit of intrigue there. If Cat in her next fight, against whomever, whenever wins impressively that gets her back into the mix. Then again, the way Dana White conducts business, he may give Cat the shot now anyway.

Speaking of Dana, he is just as responsible for Ronda getting destroyed like she did as Ronda's camp was. There is no question in my mind Dana pursued Ronda to fight Amanda now and not the other way around. I think he felt he needed Ronda to get Amanda's next fight to sell and he talked her into it. Ronda needed one winnable fight before going against the likes of Amanda. I'm astonished Ronda was still actually the Vegas favorite going into tonight. How was this fight anything but a terrible matchup for Ronda coming off the loss to Holly now almost 14 months ago ? Yeah, let's put Ronda in the cage with somebody that hits harder than Holly and is more aggressive than her too. Yeah, that makes sense. Dana White did not have Ronda's best interest in mind making this fight. This was all for Dana and the UFC. Sure if Ronda came in and pulled, what I would have called an upset and caused Amanda to tap out, he would have lucked out and looked like a genius while Ronda's loss to Holly would have really looked like a fluke. But that didn't happen. The farthest thing from that did happen. I could only imagine the most diehard of Ronda Rousey fans were actually genuinely shocked at the results of last night's fight. I don't think most people thought it would take only 48 seconds for it to end but the actual end result of Ronda being TKO'd should not have been a real surprise to anybody. Sadly at the end of the fight we saw the exact same look on Ronda when the official decision was announced that she had after the Holly fight. Beaten, dejected, depressed, a totally different person than we are use to seeing. We didn't have to see that tonight. I sure wish I didn't see that. I liked and still like Ronda. She was great for the sport, great for Hollywood, great for wrestling, great for whatever she wanted to do. She had that mystique and now it is gone. I wish she had just retired and walked away after the Holm fight than to comeback for this beating.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #144 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 7:52am

From flocombat.com

In a clip surfacing around social media, Rousey's Head Coach Edmond Tarverdyan can be heard shouting instructions to Rousey throughout the fight. Here's what he had to say.

Make her miss, miss, miss. Ronda, make her miss.

Head movement. Head movement. Head movement. Head movement. Head movement. Head movement. Head movement. Yes, move.

Hands up. Hands up. Hands up. Clinch her. Clinch!

Head movement. Good, jab. Jab. Move. Move. Move. Please! Move. Move. Move. Clinch. Clinch. Clinch. Clinch. Clinch. *bangs on something cageside* Clinch! Clinch.

No. No. No. No, no, no. No.

*Indiscernible*

Move. F**k.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #145 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:04pm

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Dec 31st, 2016 at 7:43am:
Speaking of Dana, he is just as responsible for Ronda getting destroyed like she did as Ronda's camp was. There is no question in my mind Dana pursued Ronda to fight Amanda now and not the other way around. I think he felt he needed Ronda to get Amanda's next fight to sell and he talked her into it. Ronda needed one winnable fight before going against the likes of Amanda. I'm astonished Ronda was still actually the Vegas favorite going into tonight. How was this fight anything but a terrible matchup for Ronda coming off the loss to Holly now almost 14 months ago ? Yeah, let's put Ronda in the cage with somebody that hits harder than Holly and is more aggressive than her too. Yeah, that makes sense. Dana White did not have Ronda's best interest in mind making this fight. This was all for Dana and the UFC. 

That's exactly what Dana said! Except for the talked her into it part, of course. 😏 "I could have spent $100 million before this fight promoting Amanda and no one would still have known who she is. Now they do, and she can make big money down the line." I don't know about that one. I think her buyrate ceiling is 700,000 max except for Holly, which would be a million. And Cyborg too, but that fight's a pipe dream. BTW he also said Ronda is handling this much better than she did with Holly, which is a good sign.

Sure Amanda can move up to 145, but why should she? The only fight for her there is Cyborg, and I don't think it's safe for her to make that weight anymore. Plus she's out for a year. Holly will move down to 135 to fight Nunes.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #146 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:07pm

In a way I compare Ronda's performance {or lack there of, if you prefer} to that of Brock when he faced Goldberg, y'know, thinking you can just cruise through the fight on your laurels, and also the 'hype machines' behind them.

Brock:WWE/VKM/Heyman and Ronda with UFC and Dana White, Both had been made out to be unstoppable monsters in their respective competitions and both have knocked down several pegs. Brock by Goldberg, and now Ronda back to back.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #147 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:16pm

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Dec 31st, 2016 at 7:52am:
From flocombat.com

In a clip surfacing around social media, Rousey's Head Coach Edmond Tarverdyan can be heard shouting instructions to Rousey throughout the fight. Here's what he had to say.

Head movement. Head movement. Head movement. Head movement. Head movement. Head movement. Head movement. Yes, move.

Head movement. Good, jab. Jab. Move. Move. Move. Please! Move. Move. Move. Clinch. Clinch. Clinch. Clinch. Clinch. *bangs on something cageside* Clinch! Clinch.

*Indiscernible*

Move. F**k.

What a piece of work this clown is. No wonder Miesha's team made such fun of him on Ultimate Fighter. This is all he trained Ronda for. Punch, take punches, try to slip a few, get inside and clinch. Did anyone see what Dillashaw did to Lineker? He didn't try to punch it out with him. He threw high kicks, loads of them. Kept out of Lineker's range, and then changed levels and shot in for takedowns. The first time Nunes whacked Ronda, she should have known that the jab plan wasn't working, and gone to the Dillashaw plan. But Ronda rarely throws high kicks, and she has no takedown game, because they don't train that. As Jericho would say, "stupid idiots."

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #148 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:22pm

Cas wrote on Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:07pm:
In a way I compare Ronda's performance {or lack there of, if you prefer} to that of Brock when he faced Goldberg, y'know, thinking you can just cruise through the fight on your laurels, and also the 'hype machines' behind them.

Yeah, that's fine for Vince, because Brock is getting his shine back at WM. It's awful for Ronda, because she's not getting hers back. And it's not so great for Dana either, because he just lost the second biggest star he has.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #149 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:46pm

spin wrote on Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:16pm:
Will_the_Thrill wrote on Dec 31st, 2016 at 7:52am:
From flocombat.com

*Indiscernible*

Move. F**k.

What a piece of work this clown is. No wonder Miesha's team made such fun of him on Ultimate Fighter. This is all he trained Ronda for. Punch, take punches, try to slip a few, get inside and clinch. Did anyone see what Dillashaw did to Lineker? He didn't try to punch it out with him. He threw high kicks, loads of them. Kept out of Lineker's range, and then changed levels and shot in for takedowns. The first time Nunes whacked Ronda, she should have known that the jab plan wasn't working, and gone to the Dillashaw plan. But Ronda rarely throws high kicks, and she has no takedown game, because they don't train that. As Jericho would say, "stupid idiots."

That's the other thing, Ronda's game has never evolved, which, especially early in her MMA career, she could get away with since there was no depth in women's MMA. In the last several years fighters have emerged with more well rounded out fight skills than when Ronda was dominating. I think this is a big reason Miesha retired too. Ronda's fight game has stayed the same and basically so has her skill level. So again, that reflects on Taverdyan and the rest of Ronda's team. It's sad because no doubt I feel Ronda had the physical tools to beat Amanda with the right strategy but she was already mentally damaged going in and as we know the fight plan was just God awful.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print