Ronda Rousey (Read 5969 times)
Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Re: Ronda Rousey
Reply #150 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 7:08pm

spin wrote on Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:22pm:
Cas wrote on Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:07pm:
In a way I compare Ronda's performance {or lack there of, if you prefer} to that of Brock when he faced Goldberg, y'know, thinking you can just cruise through the fight on your laurels, and also the 'hype machines' behind them.

Yeah, that's fine for Vince, because Brock is getting his shine back at WM. It's awful for Ronda, because she's not getting hers back. And it's not so great for Dana either, because he just lost the second biggest star he has.

Dana f***ed up, plain and simple. Now we learn Ronda got 3 million dollars for this fight, the same as Connor McGregor did for UFC 205, which was a record purse. So it's no wonder she got talked into this fight. Dana easily could have had Amanda fight somebody else, be it Pena or Shevchenko or somebody else and put Ronda on this same card against a "safe" opponent. The buy rate for Ronda's return probably would have been the same even in a non-title match. Then assuming Amanda and Ronda won, put that fight together.

Going back to Cat Zingano, her fight with Nunes was actually more recent than I thought. It was in September of 2014  and she won by TKO. Still she has lost two in a row since then including that quickie armbar to Ronda. But maybe, just maybe she has that one style that would give Amanda trouble. That fight might be a hard sell because Cat still really isn't that big of a household name but she is very likeable, pretty, and her story over the last few years (tragically losing her husband and son's dad and having major reconstructive knee surgery) would make her a huge sentimental favorite.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #151 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 7:43pm

Jeez, Ronda got $3,000,000 for this showing? anyone recall how much she walked,or should I say 'turtled' away with after getting tagged by Holly?. Anyway, Dana now has his work cut out for him creating the new women's name since this really appears to be Rousey's last hurrah. But you're right Will, he did this to himself by making Ronda the next big thing and over hyping her when he should've known well that she was vulnerable, and now that's come up and bitten him in the arse twice.
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2016 at 8:53pm by Cas »  

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #152 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 4:57am

IP Logged

DogbiteWilliams
God Member

Liberal Atheist

Los Angeles
Reply #153 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 7:34pm

I believe the shading in the second picture is an alteration.

A mind is a horrible thing to squander on religion.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print