Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print
Lisa Marie Varon (Tara/Victoria) (Read 35678 times)
spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Re: Lisa Marie Varon (Tara/Victoria)
Reply #195 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 8:29pm

Mickie and Nick are tied up with Jarrett's group right now. I know that group isn't doing much right now, but imagine that with the kid Mickie is happy with the limited schedule and she won't go anywhere without Nick.

Victoria's knee just wouldn't hold up to a full time WWE touring schedule. She can do a short program, maybe putting over Charlotte. Or Bayley, especially if she makes fun of her kids hero gimmick.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #196 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 8:37pm

That's why I said if WWE has asked them, anyway they've probably said 'no'.
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2016 at 5:17am by Cas »  

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #197 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 8:42pm

spin wrote on Aug 1st, 2016 at 8:29pm:
Mickie and Nick are tied up with Jarrett's group right now. I know that group isn't doing much right now, but imagine that with the kid Mickie is happy with the limited schedule and she won't go anywhere without Nick.

Victoria's knee just wouldn't hold up to a full time WWE touring schedule. She can do a short program, maybe putting over Charlotte. Or Bayley, especially if she makes fun of her kids hero gimmick.

I don't think anybody is talking full time for any of these women. If the money and schedule is right for Mickie she sign on with a short term legends contract and do a couple of actual matches, and a handful of tv spots and be done with it. No need to get Nick involved or worry about the kid.

Same with Lisa Marie. She has not wrestled full time since she left TNA. She picks her spots. She could do a 2-3 match or whatever angle over a couple of months. No way could she or even would she be asked to do a full time traveling and wrestling 4-5 nights a week schedule. But she could do a solid match every other week for awhile.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #198 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 9:32pm

Lisa, at least, would probably love it.  She's been vocal about how much more she appreciates WWE after her time in TNA, commending the former for its professionalism. And it'd be, well, best for business: Her wrestling-themed restaurant could cash in big time.

Mickie would also find a short-term run good for business. She's got her music career, having just signed a new contract.  WWE wouldn't let its full-timers do that outside of the Cena level (as distinct from those doing WWE-produced movies), but a limited run could only drive up her value to music promoters.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #199 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 9:42pm

Yes, and if they both get short term contracts, they wouldn't be subject to the Wellness Policy. Just like Brock Lesnar! Grin

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #200 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 4:20am

So Lisa teased an appearance, but nothing happened. Dunno why.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #201 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 6:24am

kam16 wrote on Aug 3rd, 2016 at 4:20am:
So Lisa teased an appearance, but nothing happened. Dunno why.  Roll Eyes

One of her "fans" on Twitter actually teased it initially and he is getting heat from others on Twitter about it. Basically he said and I am paraphrasing that "Smackdown will be a special one for fans of Lisa Marie". Lisa Marie, and probably wrongly,  just kind of went along with it. I think she knew what it was going to be. Basically it was the dude near ringside that had the sign 'Victoria for H.O.F". His defense now is that he never said she would appear on SD and he threw back at everybody that it was them that took his tweet that she would appear. I think given hindsight were 20/20, Lisa Marie would have squashed the rumor of her actually appearing, but the fact is she didn't and some people are annoyed at her as much as the guy who started the speculation.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #202 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 9:12pm

So basically Lisa is the one people probably should be pointing fingers at for not immediately debunking the guy's tweet,right?

Or should blame go Both ways at this point?

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #203 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 9:40pm

Cas wrote on Aug 3rd, 2016 at 9:12pm:
So basically Lisa is the one people probably should be pointing fingers at for not immediately debunking the guy's tweet,right?

Or should blame go Both ways at this point?

Ultimately the bulk of the blame has to go to Lisa. She knew she was not going to be on Smackdown obviously, but yet many of her fans, us included, thought she would be physically involved somehow. I rarely watch any wrestling on tv anymore. I got home halfway through SD, which I never watch anymore and put it on for the sole reason Lisa might be there. So I watched the last hour and nothing of course so I thought ok, maybe in the first hour there was something with her. Look online, nothing. My point being, I wonder how many others, like me, who don't watch the WWE anymore on tv, did so that night only because they were "Victoria" fans and hoped to see her ? That isn't right and Lisa should have known better and said right from the start she wasn't going to be there.

The guy that started the tweet and all this gets blame too, but he is a schmuck, and he is probably laughing to himself thinking "Gotcha!". Lisa has integrity, principle, and is great with her fans 99.9% of the time. You expect better from her and she fumbled the ball here.  Undecided

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #204 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 10:02pm

Considering what they did with the women last night, Victoria would have been a wasted appearance anyway. An entrance injury angle with Eva? A pre match beatdown of Carmella? Two matches scheduled, zero happened. Not a stellar evening.

Becky, Nattie, Naomi, Carmella, Alexa, Eva Marie. That's the SD women's roster, and they're creating a new title for them too. Really? They'd better bring up both Bayley and Asuka fast, or there's nothing there.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #205 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 10:40pm

spin wrote on Aug 3rd, 2016 at 10:02pm:
Becky, Nattie, Naomi, Carmella, Alexa, Eva Marie. That's the SD women's roster, and they're creating a new title for them too. Really? They'd better bring up both Bayley and Asuka fast, or there's nothing there.

They may get Nikki. And Melina's a possibility:

http://www.diva-dirt.com/125559/former-wwe-womens-champion-possibly-returning/?u...)

But SD does seem the logical spot for Bayley right now. Charlotte and Sasha are the big names on Raw, and when their feud is done, odds are it's Charlotte vs. Dana and Sasha vs. Nia. (Paige is injured.)

BTW, I approve of what Raw is doing with Nia and Strowman: Use indy and local wrestlers as jobbers. That's an old practice that's long since fallen into disuse, but shouldn't have. Don't diminish your regulars with squashes, especially when you're trying to present a competitive "new era" where every wrestler is supposed to be valuable -- someone you drafted because you wanted them and you wanted to keep them away from the other brand.  One Heath Slater is quite enough, thank you. (And one Golden Truth is too much. But that's another topic.)

IP Logged

6789shav
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #206 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 10:57pm

Spin wrote in Reply #204:  "considering what they did with the women last night........"  I agree. I love watching Becky Lynch in action. Eva deciding she strained a hamstring or something getting into the ring to fight Becky did not amuse me. I left SD before the first hour was up when the Colorado baseball rain delay was over.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #207 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 12:18am

6789shav wrote on Aug 3rd, 2016 at 10:57pm:
I left SD before the first hour was up when the Colorado baseball rain delay was over.

So then did you leave Colorado baseball when the Trevor Story strain delay started?

IP Logged

6789shav
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #208 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 2:27pm

Uh. No. Unfortunately, Story is out for the season and having surgery today (Aug. 4) to repair a torn ligament in a thumb.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #209 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 3:24pm

6789shav wrote on Aug 4th, 2016 at 2:27pm:
Uh. No. Unfortunately, Story is out for the season and having surgery today (Aug. 4) to repair a torn ligament in a thumb.

Indeed. And that's a Story Line that the Rockies wish was as fake as this Eva Marie thing.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print