Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll closed Poll
Question: Who are you voting for President?
*** This poll has now closed ***

Jill Stein    
  2 (50.0%)
Hillary Clinton    
  2 (50.0%)
Donald Trump    
  0 (0.0%)
Gary Johnson    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 4
« Last Modified by: Starbuck2016 on: Aug 15th, 2016 at 5:03am »

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Viral Picture of Donald Trump at campaign rally (Read 3278 times)
absfan36
God Member

Be Free, love all

Re: Viral Picture of Donald Trump at campaign rally
Reply #15 - May 20th, 2016 at 5:18am

Starbuck2016 wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 9:52pm:
I don't speakfor San Diego. I know many people here who are voting for Trump. My sister and brother are voting for Bernie. They live respectively in Denver, CO and Huntington Beach, CA.

SD is a neoliberal border town so its no surprise that there are  people revolting to Trump's side to change the  geopolitical side of your overpopulated city.

absfan36 absfan36  
IP Logged

Starbuck2016
YaBB Moderator

California
Reply #16 - May 23rd, 2016 at 6:24pm

Yeah, whatever.

IP Logged

gerbil
God Member

Reply #17 - May 24th, 2016 at 4:02am

I was rooting for Bernie but if it's between $Hillary The Monsanto Sock Puppet and The Donald I'm going with Trump.
Hopefully in 4 years there will be a better candidate but I doubt it.
I'll just be glad when Barry The Deceiver takes a hike

IP Logged

gerbil
God Member

Reply #18 - May 24th, 2016 at 4:03am

absfan36 wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 5:18am:
I don't speakfor San Diego. I know many people here who are voting for Trump. My sister and brother are voting for Bernie. They live respectively in Denver, CO and Huntington Beach, CA.

SD is a neoliberal border town so its no surprise that there are  people revolting to Trump's side to change the  geopolitical side of your overpopulated city.

San Diego still leans Republican even though more and more libtards are flooding the city

IP Logged

Starbuck2016
YaBB Moderator

California
Reply #19 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 4:15am

gerbil wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 4:03am:

San Diego still leans Republican even though more and more libtards are flooding the city

The older voters in San Diego tend to vote conservative but the younger millennials(those who turned 18 after year 2000) are overwhelmingly supporting Sanders. And I changed my mind again and voted for Sanders rather than Clinton. Clinton will need to adopt Sanders more liberal economic positions in order to make certain that Sanders' supporters turn out and vote for her in November rather than stay at home and allow the gawd awful prospect of a Trump presidency to be realized.
Either Sanders or Clinton is acceptable to me given the alternative that is Donald Trump.

IP Logged

absfan36
God Member

Be Free, love all

Reply #20 - Jun 9th, 2016 at 10:34pm

Starbuck2016 wrote on Jun 8th, 2016 at 4:15am:
gerbil wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 4:03am:

The older voters in San Diego tend to vote conservative but the younger millennials(those who turned 18 after year 2000) are overwhelmingly supporting Sanders. And I changed my mind again and voted for Sanders rather than Clinton. Clinton will need to adopt Sanders more liberal economic positions in order to make certain that Sanders' supporters turn out and vote for her in November rather than stay at home and allow the gawd awful prospect of a Trump presidency to be realized.
Either Sanders or Clinton is acceptable to me given the alternative that is Donald Trump.

Sanders may run for Independent.  San Diego went crazy and vote for $$$illlarrrryyy...

absfan36 absfan36  
IP Logged

Starbuck2016
YaBB Moderator

California
Reply #21 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 2:26am

Click on picture above.

I’ve often encouraged business leaders to run for office because many of them share the same pragmatic approach to building consensus.Most of us who have created a business know that we're only as good as the way our employees clients and partners view us. Most of us don’t pretend that we're smart enough to make every decision by ourselves and most of us whoever our names on the door know that we are only as good as our word but not Donald Trump. Through his career Donald Trump has left behind a well documented record of bankruptcies and thousands of lawsuits and angry stockholders and contractors who feel cheated and disillusion customers who feel they have been ripped off. Trump says he wants to run the nation like he’s running his business. God help us. I’m a New Yorker and I know a con when I see one. Trump says he’ll punish manufacturers that moved to Mexico or China but the clothes he sells are made overseas in low-wage factories. He says he wants to put Americans back to work but he games the US visa system so we can hire temporary foreign workers at low wages.

He says he wants to deport 11 million undocumented people but he seems to have no problem in hiring them.What did i miss here? Truth be told the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy! He wants you to believe that we can solve our biggest problems by deporting Mexicans and shutting out Muslims. He wants you to believe that erecting trade barriers will bring back good jobs. He’s wrong on both counts. We can only solve our biggest problems if we come: : 7:28: together and embrace the freedoms that our founding fathers established right here in Philadelphia which permitted our ancestors to create the great American exceptionalism that all of us now enjoy. Donald Trump doesn’t understand what Hillary Clinton does; that we can only create good jobs if we make smarter investments in infrastructure and do more to support small businesses not stiff them. Donald Trump doesn’t understand what Hillary Clinton does. I understand the appeal of a businessman president but Trump’s business plan is a disaster in the making. He would make it harder for small businesses to compete, do great damage to our economy, threaten the requirement savings of millions of Americans, lead us to greater debt and more unemployment, erode our influence around the world and make our communities less safe.The bottom line is Trump is a risky reckless and radical choice and we can’t: : 8:41: afford to make that choice. Now I know Hillary Clinton is not flawless. No candidate is but she is the right choice and the responsible choice in this election and no matter what you may think about her politics or her record Hillary Clinton understands that this is not reality television this is reality. She understands the job of President. It involves finding solutions not pointing fingers and offering hope not stoking fear. Over the course of our country’s proud history we have faced our share of grave challenges but we have never retreated in fear,never. Not here in Philadelphia in1776 not here at Gettysburg in 1863, not through two world wars and the Great Depression not at Selma or Stonewall and not after nine- eleven and we must not start now. America is the greatest country on Earth and when people vote with their feet they come here. The Presidency of the United States is the most powerful office in the world. So I say to my fellow independents, your votes matter now.Your vote will determine the future of your job, your business and our future together as a country. To me this election is not a choice between a Democrat and a Republican. It is a choice between who is better to lead our country right now. Better for our economy, better for our security, better for our freedom and better for our future. There is no doubt in my mind that Hillary Clinton is the right choice this November.

https://pricelessmomentsofthe2016presidentialrace.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/billi
onaire-bloomberg-demolishes-trumps-business-record/

IP Logged

Starbuck2016
YaBB Moderator

California
Reply #22 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 4:59am

It's another Presidential election cycle and the yelling and screaming is well under way. Let us know who you want in the White House from January  2017 to January 2021.

I've included a poll at the top of this thread.

IP Logged

DogbiteWilliams
God Member

Liberal Atheist

Los Angeles
Reply #23 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 6:42am

I will vote for Jill Stein.

Liberals >>> vote Green.
Conservatives >>> vote Libertarian.

A mind is a horrible thing to squander on religion.

IP Logged

absfan36
God Member

Be Free, love all

Reply #24 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 10:34pm

Starbuck2016 wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 4:59am:
It's another Presidential election cycle and the yelling and screaming is well under way. Let us know who you want in the White House from January  2017 to January 2021.

I've included a poll at the top of this thread.

I would vote for large meteorite but I guess I will go with Jill Stein we need to combat climate change and population growth.

absfan36 absfan36  
IP Logged

Starbuck2016
YaBB Moderator

California
Reply #25 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 7:02pm

Click on the picture links below

Who Trump Is

Mona Charen

"I’m not sure why the Earth is opening up under him now and not a hundred other times in the past 16 months, but it’s a long, long, overdue reckoning."

“Anyone who knows me knows that these words do not reflect who I am,” Donald Trump declared in his “apology” video last night. More likely, the exact opposite is the truth. I don’t know the man personally, but like the rest of you, I’ve been obliged to study him for the past year and more, and it’s safe to say that most people have the impression that this is exactly who he is, and who he has always been. I’m not sure why the Earth is opening up under him now and not a hundred other times in the past 16 months, but it’s a long, long, overdue reckoning. It is tragic for the country that this likely means a Clinton victory. But as between a Clinton and Trump presidency, the former is probably less devastating to the things we treasure than the latter. Alexander Hamilton called Aaron Burr an “unprincipled voluptuary” in 1800 and wrote that he’d prefer to see his ideological foe Thomas Jefferson prevail. “Mr. Burr loves nothing but himself,” Hamilton wrote, “thinks of nothing but his own aggrandizement–and will be content with nothing short of permanent power in his own hands. No compact, that he should make with any passion in his breast except Ambition, could be relied upon . . .” If Trump were president, Republicans and conservatives would be forever tainted by every irresponsible, cruel, or stupid thing he said or did. Besides, if we’re going to have liberalism for another four years, let it wear the proper Democrat label. It’s pathetic to see people calling upon this contemptible fraud, bully, and egotist to withdraw for the sake of his party and his country. If he gave a whit for either, he would have been gone long ago.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/440875/who-trump

The Donald is done. I think. Stay tuned. God willing, just one more month.
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2016 at 8:17pm by Starbuck2016 »  

IP Logged

absfan36
God Member

Be Free, love all

Reply #26 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 5:22am

Worst. Presidential. Choices. Ever.

absfan36 absfan36  
IP Logged

Starbuck2016
YaBB Moderator

California
Reply #27 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 9:02pm

The third party candidates aren't any better.And that's being overly generous. Click on the picture link below.

Click on the image below and listen to Jill get funky!

Edited 10-18-16
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2016 at 6:15pm by Starbuck2016 »  

IP Logged

Starbuck2016
YaBB Moderator

California
Reply #28 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 6:16pm

Corrected previous post.

IP Logged

Starbuck2016
YaBB Moderator

California
Reply #29 - Nov 9th, 2016 at 8:50am

Holy shit! The dangerously incompetent fool won!!  I did not see this coming. This really is a nightmare.

Stephen Colbert Tries To Make Sense Of All This

Fasten your seat belts, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

It's 1:40 am as I write and I'm still trying to process this.

God Bless America.

The next morning......

Mrs. Clinton graciously concedes defeat. As her running mate Tim Kaine noted she won the popular vote but lost in the electoral college.
President Obama speaks on the election of this hugely divisive "billionaire".

Click on the link below to see why the antiquated electoral college was formed and why a presidential candidate with the majority vote can lose the election.

The Troubling Reason the Electoral College Exists

At the Philadelphia convention, the visionary Pennsylvanian James Wilson proposed direct national election of the president. But the savvy Virginian James Madison responded that such a system would prove unacceptable to the South: “The right of suffrage was much more diffusive [i.e., extensive] in the Northern than the Southern States; and the latter could have no influence in the election on the score of Negroes.” In other words, in a direct election system, the North would outnumber the South, whose many slaves (more than half a million in all) of course could not vote. But the Electoral College—a prototype of which Madison proposed in this same speech—instead let each southern state count its slaves, albeit with a two-fifths discount, in computing its share of the overall count.

Virginia emerged as the big winner—the California of the Founding era—with 12 out of a total of 91 electoral votes allocated by the Philadelphia Constitution, more than a quarter of the 46 needed to win an election in the first round. After the 1800 census, Wilson’s free state of Pennsylvania had 10% more free persons than Virginia, but got 20% fewer electoral votes. Perversely, the more slaves Virginia (or any other slave state) bought or bred, the more electoral votes it would receive. Were a slave state to free any blacks who then moved North, the state could actually lose electoral votes.

If the system’s pro-slavery tilt was not overwhelmingly obvious when the Constitution was ratified, it quickly became so. For 32 of the Constitution’s first 36 years, a white slaveholding Virginian occupied the presidency.

Wanna know which Presidents in the land of the free held slaves? Here ya go.

GEORGE WASHINGTON (between 250-350 slaves)
THOMAS JEFFERSON (about 200)
JAMES MADISON (more than 100)
JAMES MONROE (about 75)
ANDREW JACKSON (fewer than 200)
Martin Van Buren (one)
William Henry Harrison (eleven)
JOHN TYLER (about 70)
JAMES POLK (about 25)
ZACHARY TAYLOR (fewer than 150)
Andrew Johnson (probably eight)
Ulysses S. Grant (probably five)

http://hauensteincenter.org/slaveholding/

Incidentally the White House itself was staffed by slaves until the passage of the 13th Amendment in December of 1865. Which means that Abraham Lincoln himself had slaves.

It's time to scrap this relic and replace it with the popular vote. It probably wont happen though because networks love showing the states in red and blue. The visuals are just so nice.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2016 at 7:06pm by Starbuck2016 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print