Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Cass Martin (Read 2439 times)
d_d1
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Re: Cass Martin
Reply #30 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 11:23pm

Not surprised Cass got big numbers on the grip test!

I'm wondering how the tester compares to the metal planks in terms of strength and technique? my guess is that both of course require some technique, but the planks probably more?

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #31 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:01pm

xhero wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 9:49am:
Btw, no answer from you guys on HB, any injury ever happened during armwrestling?

Yes, we have had some injuries...a few serious injuries have happened, but have had our share of strains and pulls...and we have shot with or know herbieps models that have been injured outside the context of a her biceps shoot as well

When you're dealing with very powerful women who have built their bodies by lifting or whathaveyou, but not having any experience armwrestling, there's always a chance of injury doing any kind of physically strenuous activity that isn't something that they are used to doing

so we're careful, but can't guarantee anything to the women...we're also aware that many of the athletes we shoot are depleted by dieting, or vulnerable because of past injuries to shoulders, arms, wrists, etc etc

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #32 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:05pm

While we have had some injuries happen in armwrestling, we're also aware that there is injury risk in a broad cross-section of perfectly acceptable sports and activities...people are injured play soccer, football, baseball and in the gym every day...we all know this

imagine you challenged a major league pitcher to an armwrestling match, or a pro quarterback...they'd probably be smart to pass on the chance they could hamper their ability to do what they are paid to do for a living

on the amateur level in physique sports, its more about drive to pursue one's goals...injuries are setbacks...and minimizing the risk of injury is an understandable motive

that said, we've done a few thousand armwrestling matches and haven't had many injuries...but the number isn't zero...and we have had serious injuries...so we're planning to continue to be careful and never pressure somebody to do it when they don't want to

mavri5 wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 5:33am:
Iīm sorry this discussion about possible injuries during the armwrestling is nonesense!!

Basically when you go running in the Woods, hypotheticaly you could fall over a Stone or a root or something like that and get injured!

When you do an armwrestling match against a Girl, it is possible for both Girl and guy to push their hardest without overdoing it!!
Before the match starts you can settle some rules which as donīt use the bodyweight and lean into it.
Or donīt try to bend the wrist. When you avoid all that, believe me it is one of the safest things to do to test a certain strength of the Girl or a Person:-)!
It is also very fun to do!!

I mean I do understand the People which donīt like to make armwrestling in General!!
But when Im Hearing People saying that the so called reason of high possibility of injury during the armwrestling and therefore they wonīt do it is simply wrong!"!!

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #33 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:07pm

What you're seeing is non-staged matches...and good and bad comes with that...that's how you know these things aren't planned or staged

quite often, the girls are up to doing some armwrestling, but the match gets more serious than they want it to...or after 10-20 seconds of nobody winning, you can see in their face that they are over it, and that's just the way it goes sometimes

mavri5 wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 1:19pm:
By the by

the newest aw dawn jolley vs tyson which you just recently posted!!
Why is the ending so suddenly???
Just when it starts to get interesting they stopped why??

Why did dawn jolley give up, and why didnīt that tyson guy pushing at all??
I aprreciate that you find other guys to armwrestle the Girls, but please tell them that they shouldnīt hold back in this Kind of way!!

Please mike and sean consider that!!

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #34 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:09pm

it didn't appear to me that Cass was super into trying to max out on the planks...so I think that's why Sean didn't push her into going for more

both tests of strength seem to heavily reward women who can get a certain kind of leverage...hand and wrist strength are important in planks...in both, I feel like taller girls have a big advantage...I know they are easier for me than they are for the models despite many being objectively stronger than me in most other ways...because I'm 6'4 and can apply more force

that said, shorter people have a big advantage on bench press and other lifts...so there's no pure strength tests...but I like these ones we do because the visual is a good one, the planks especially lead to a great pump...and the idea of bending metal is awesome...and yeah, of course the planks are made of a bendable metal...but go to home depot and buy 30 of them and try to bend them all like the girls sometimes do and you'll see it is very very difficult

d_d1 wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 11:23pm:
Not surprised Cass got big numbers on the grip test!

I'm wondering how the tester compares to the metal planks in terms of strength and technique? my guess is that both of course require some technique, but the planks probably more?

IP Logged

mavri5

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #35 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:21pm

Thanks again mike for teh really detailed answer!!
You explained all of my Points from your Point of view quite understandable:-)!!
I aprecciate that very much!!

It is acceptable for me that some of the Girls are very afraid to get so badly injured that they must stop their Training!! I can understand that!!

When you wrote this part of your answer:
"we're also aware that many of the athletes we shoot are depleted by dieting"

Try to get more models to armwrestle which are in offseason then:-)!! Or in a Phase in betweeen!!
Donīt try to make armwrestling with Girls which just come from the competetion or one or two days before that!! Because  all of their strength isnīt at the fulllest because of the comp!

Try to make more ofseason shoots with the Girls or shots in between faces, I think that would be better mike:-)?! I mean donīt stop the other ones, just try to Balance it out a Little bit more with offseason shots and armwrestling:-)!

IP Logged

xhero
God Member

\m/*-*\m/

Reply #36 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 11:47pm

Mike wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:01pm:
xhero wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 9:49am:
Btw, no answer from you guys on HB, any injury ever happened during armwrestling?

Yes, we have had some injuries...a few serious injuries have happened, but have had our share of strains and pulls...and we have shot with or know herbieps models that have been injured outside the context of a her biceps shoot as well

When you're dealing with very powerful women who have built their bodies by lifting or whathaveyou, but not having any experience armwrestling, there's always a chance of injury doing any kind of physically strenuous activity that isn't something that they are used to doing

so we're careful, but can't guarantee anything to the women...we're also aware that many of the athletes we shoot are depleted by dieting, or vulnerable because of past injuries to shoulders, arms, wrists, etc etc

Thank you for your honest reply, I really appreciate that, and this is one of the reasons why I'm not a big fan of armwrestling. I agree that in any activity injuries may happen, but many of them, even more doing armwrestling, may happen due to a lack of technique and it would be sad to lose a whole competition season just for a game, that wouldn't even show the real strenght. Anyway, I'm pretty sure girls are not forced by you into doing things they are not comfortable with, and I'm also sure past injuries gave you the chance to be careful getting into that game. I just wanted people to know that armwrestling may be cool and sometimes even hot when girls are intensely into it, but you can't blame them at all if they prefer to skip and refuse it. Thanks for your answers Mike, that's why this website is still the best, feedback and talking are never missing. Keep rocking.

IP Logged

Sean
YaBB Administrator

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Las Vegas
Reply #37 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:38am

We are always interested in shooting girls offseason. Sometimes the girls are not interested because to them the value of the shoot is photos and they want to look their best.

IP Logged

xhero
God Member

\m/*-*\m/

Reply #38 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:21am

Sean wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:38am:
We are always interested in shooting girls offseason. Sometimes the girls are not interested because to them the value of the shoot is photos and they want to look their best.

More than understandable

IP Logged

wgonzo64
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #39 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 3:38pm

Even though  I like to AW  especially  mvsf      there is a risk of injury   if  not dome right   but  AW  is not a true test of strength    but also  understand why some  ladies  do not want to partake    there are many that  due 

mike   in the mvsf  are all  of the real matches???   there has been some debate over the years

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #40 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:55pm

every match has its own context...and most are "real" which in our case means we tried to do a fair start, but neither party is trying to rip the other one's arm off...friendly, real matches...and occasionally, its clear that the girl wasn't trying that hard for one reason or another...or the guy

the realness is that we want the matches to be real...we sometimes incentivize a win with cash or pride or trash talk...my goal as an arm wrestler was generally not to use much of my weight advantage or length advantage

for sean, you'll notice his arm/hands give out as soon as he feels some pain because he has past injuries and doesn't want to aggravate the injury

for both of us, our strength has varied with age and even with how long we have been shooting in a given day or week...same goes for the girls of course...also how many armwrestling matches we've done that day or that hour

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print