Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Alexandra Raisman - Gymnast (Read 7342 times)
DogbiteWilliams
God Member

Liberal Atheist

Los Angeles
Re: Alexandra Raisman - Gymnast
Reply #15 - May 8th, 2017 at 6:39am

rebuntu1313 wrote on May 7th, 2017 at 10:19pm:
Quote:
The fact that she posed for Sports Illustrated in skimpy swimsuits is a good indicator that she is now comfortable with her physique.

Not really because again those pics are supposed to show her as traditionally "feminine" despite having muscle. I doubt she would show off her muscles just for the sake of being muscular.

There are scores of female gymnasts markedly slimmer than Alexandra Raisman, yet SI chose to feature her.  Raisman's photos included many that highlighted her muscles; that NEVER happened with a mainstream model.

I hope SI gets loads of positive feedback for Raisman's inclusion in the Swimsuit Issue.  While I don't expect another gymnast in next year's issue, I'd be satisfied with more muscular mainstream models like Adriana Lima and Marisa Miller.

It pays to be realistic about our expectations.  I have made this point before, but it's worth restating.  We heteroflexuals and bicepsuals are the oddballs, unfortunately.  If we were in the majority, the process of natural selection (aka Evolution) through the millenia would have produced human females that were mostly muscular.  That is NOT the case.

SI editors (and beauty pageant judges) make rational choices and select mostly slender women.  Heteroflexuals and BBW lovers have to fend for ourselves.  Thank goodness for HerBiceps.

A mind is a horrible thing to squander on religion.

IP Logged

rebuntu1313

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #16 - May 8th, 2017 at 9:51pm

Quote:
There are scores of female gymnasts markedly slimmer than Alexandra Raisman, yet SI chose to feature her.  Raisman's photos included many that highlighted her muscles; that NEVER happened with a mainstream model.

I hope SI gets loads of positive feedback for Raisman's inclusion in the Swimsuit Issue.  While I don't expect another gymnast in next year's issue, I'd be satisfied with more muscular mainstream models like Adriana Lima and Marisa Miller.

It pays to be realistic about our expectations.  I have made this point before, but it's worth restating.  We heteroflexuals and bicepsuals are the oddballs, unfortunately.  If we were in the majority, the process of natural selection (aka Evolution) through the millenia would have produced human females that were mostly muscular.  That is NOT the case.

SI editors (and beauty pageant judges) make rational choices and select mostly slender women.  Heteroflexuals and BBW lovers have to fend for ourselves.  Thank goodness for HerBiceps.

But again my point was that she was still not fully comfortable with having muscle. I bet if she found a way to perform as well as she does in gymnastics but without showing any visible muscle tone she would take it because she sees her muscles as a burden she has to deal with in order to excel in her sport.

And the whole point of those pics was to show off that girl can be beautiful DESPITE having muscles, there was even a video for one of her shoots where she said something like "I did this to show girls that even if you have muscle you can still be beautiful" implying that she feels that muscles aren't beautiful unless you put on a bunch of makeup, have your hair done, and wear expensive lingerie which I doubt anyone has the time or money to have to deal with everyday.

There are muscular athletes who would gladly flex their biceps when asked and would even comment on how they look which shows they're proud of them. And honestly I think most people (even people who aren't into muscular women) are more attracted to someone who is confident and secure with themselves than someone who just tries their best to "fit in".

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Maestro Of The Dawg Pound

Reply #17 - May 8th, 2017 at 11:25pm

This brings up a good point.  Sports Illustrated could have at one time asked Alicia Sacramone to pose for the magazine.  She had a very voluptuous figure during her time competing.  And she would have looked awesome in any kind of swimsuit that they could find.  So why wasn't she selected?  Beauty in itself is very subjective.  It comes in many forms.

IP Logged

DogbiteWilliams
God Member

Liberal Atheist

Los Angeles
Reply #18 - May 16th, 2017 at 9:30pm

rebuntu1313 wrote on Apr 27th, 2017 at 6:53pm:
I also remember her saying something in an interview after the olympics about being bullied when she was younger by the boys in her school for being too muscular calling her manly and saying she takes steroids.

She says she's proud of her body now but it seems it's still only when she's made to look as "feminine" as possible or when her muscle mass has decreased dramatically. I think she's still embarrassed to flex when her biceps will actually pop out because she still doesn't want people to see her as "manly".

She now loves her muscular arms.  Check out the video at this link:
http://www.today.com/series/love-your-body/aly-raisman-why-i-love-my-arms-even-a...

A mind is a horrible thing to squander on religion.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #19 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:23am

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

SMV
God Member

Give me some More...

Aly Raisman
Reply #20 - May 23rd, 2017 at 11:00am

Aly Raisman

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

IP Logged

Dj_Frost

w00t

Reply #21 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:59am

DogbiteWilliams wrote on May 16th, 2017 at 9:30pm:
rebuntu1313 wrote on Apr 27th, 2017 at 6:53pm:
I also remember her saying something in an interview after the olympics about being bullied when she was younger by the boys in her school for being too muscular calling her manly and saying she takes steroids.

She says she's proud of her body now but it seems it's still only when she's made to look as "feminine" as possible or when her muscle mass has decreased dramatically. I think she's still embarrassed to flex when her biceps will actually pop out because she still doesn't want people to see her as "manly".

She now loves her muscular arms.  Check out the video at this link:
http://www.today.com/series/love-your-body/aly-raisman-why-i-love-my-arms-even-a...

media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2017_17/1209990/gettyimages-603208670_1_2370c025ddcfc2f0737fce35a7518759.today-inline-large.jpg

The video where she talks about it... unfortunately no flexes Tongue

https://youtu.be/oiB0a13hWKU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print