Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Posts advertising young girls (Read 998 times)
kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Posts advertising young girls
Sep 26th, 2016 at 12:26am

I'll get to my main point in a moment, but first, here's some background (I'll keep it to one paragraph.)

In the Armwrestling on YouTube thread, a member posted a link to a video with a 12-year-old girl, and he included various lustful comments that made it clear he was a pedophile. I called it to Will's attention and he deleted it along with an explanation of why.  (In part, he wrote: "Certain guidelines and standards have to be kept here and I will always err on the side of caution in that regard. We can't have videos of pre-teens posted here with grown men ogling over them. If one post like that is allowed to stay others will follow as well as the comments.")

I totally agree. But I also think there's a related issue worth discussing -- posts promoting young girls specifically for their youth, even when they're not underage.

We've been getting a lot of those lately, mostly from newer members (especially bildjoshuafbb, but he's not the only one) advertising "21 years old" and "18 years old" and so forth in the title.  Yes, those ages are legal.  But collectively they set a tone ("Hey, look over here! We've got young girls!") that has a creepy vibe, and draws creepy guys -- the vast majority of them, I think it's safe to say, considerably older than the girls being advertised.

Both the click-baity nature of these posts and the sheer number of them is changing the identity of these boards, making them resemble -- and to some extent, become -- a perv hangout. Keep posting that stuff and it's no surprise that we also get guys looking at 16-year-olds and 14-year-olds and 12-year-olds. The problem isn't just where the age line is drawn. It's the whole lustful,  drooling emphasis on young girls as such, regardless of whether they're under or over 18.

I think this should be addressed.  I grant that it's not as simple as establishing a hard-and-fast rule, and it's certainly not a matter of saying "Don't mention age at all." (I, for one, occasionally mention age in my posts, but for the opposite reason -- when a woman is older, as a tribute to her for staying in shape at a time of life when the body's inclination is to be, how shall we say, less cooperative than it is in youth.)  But it's become enough of an issue that I don't think a simple laissez-faire approach is sufficient.

I suppose one practical way to put a big dent in such posts is to get rid of the worst offender, bildjoshuafbb -- whose lousy host is so loaded with malware and outright viruses that he could be banned for that alone. (He's heard complaints about his host before and he's done nothing about it.)  But as I say, he's not the only one posting "come see this young girl" material.

Does anyone else share my concern?

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Re: Posts advertising young girls
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 4:34am

Sadly kam, we live in the world of click bait. Just check news websites such as The Post or the Daily News and you see constant negative teaser headlines that usually have nothing to do with the accompanying article. And why is that? Because negativity sells and gets the most clicks. It's sleazy, and embarrassing journalism. But today's news business is extremely competitive, and extremely desperate, so this is what we have.

Bildjoshua admits that one of the reasons he posts is for money. That's why he posts misleading topics; he needs the attention to attract hits and cash. We can't ban him. Sean or Mike can block his IP address, but he can get around that with a new username and IP. What we can do though is delete his posts, but he posts a lot, and he can repost what's deleted, so that's more attention than he's worth.

A more practical solution is to edit his topic headers so that they're not sleazy come ons. I'll pay more attention to that. That should address the issue.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 4:38am

That's a good idea -- particularly since it's doubtful that he has any idea what age these girls are. For that matter, besides the appropriateness of the headings, there's also a truth-in-advertising element here, and many of his headlines have no relationship to the actual pictures.

Thanks spin!

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 8:48pm

Just a heads up to go along with what you're talking about Kam, although Spin has likely already noticed it, the guy has a new post in the Misc. Pictures section.

IP Logged

6789shav
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 6:13am

No, the individual's post is still there. FWIW, I haven't clicked on any of his pictures since doing so on one froze my computer screen and I had to reboot. Maybe if someone replies to each of his posts that his pictures are full of malware, he'll get a hint and stop posting here.

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #5 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 6:12pm

We definitely don't want pictures on here posted of preteens or under 18s...but if a girl turns IFBB pro at 16 or 17, then its fair game that a bodybuilding fan board would marvel at the accomplishment...but that's a different thing than saying "look at this hot 16 year old" or such

as for saying a girl is "only 18" or "only 22" or whatever, I'm fine with that...in terms of muscle/physique/athletic achievement, it is more impressive when the athlete hasn't been at it...it means they are somewhere in the realm of "beginner"...but again, context is everything

link to a specific post and talk about specific posts and I can take a look

for best results, email me with the links to the specific posts at mike@eckstutmedia.com

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #6 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 6:21pm

-------a member posted a link to a video with a 12-year-old girl, and he included various lustful comments that made it clear he was a pedophile.

+This should be deleted every time and a message to the member letting them know this is not ok...please let me know directly next time

---------I called it to Will's attention and he deleted it along with an explanation of why.  (In part, he wrote: "Certain guidelines and standards have to be kept here and I will always err on the side of caution in that regard. We can't have videos of pre-teens posted here with grown men ogling over them. If one post like that is allowed to stay others will follow as well as the comments.")

+I'm glad Will handled this quickly and decisively

--------posts promoting young girls specifically for their youth, even when they're not underage.

We've been getting a lot of those lately... advertising "21 years old" and "18 years old" and so forth in the title.  Yes, those ages are legal.  But collectively they set a tone ("Hey, look over here! We've got young girls!") that has a creepy vibe, and draws creepy guys -- the vast majority of them, I think it's safe to say, considerably older than the girls being advertised.

+I don't see this as any kind of violation of decorum here...simply put, liking 18-25 year old women and being excited about it is legal and not against our rules...but if you see a post like this and want me to review it, please send me the direct link to it and I'll take a look

-------Both the click-baity nature of these posts and the sheer number of them is changing the identity of these boards, making them resemble -- and to some extent, become -- a perv hangout. Keep posting that stuff and it's no surprise that we also get guys looking at 16-year-olds and 14-year-olds and 12-year-olds. The problem isn't just where the age line is drawn. It's the whole lustful,  drooling emphasis on young girls as such, regardless of whether they're under or over 18.

+The way we avoid a slippery slope is by drawing  clear line.  That line (in this country, the USA), is the legal age of adulthood 18 years old. 

----I think this should be addressed. 

+Tell me exactly what rule you would put into place to address your concern and I think you'll find that its not so easy to do, and that's why we need one simple rule online and in real life...18 may be arbitrary, but its what we as a society has chosen. 

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

srakon

I Love YaBB 2.4!

warsaw
Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2016 at 6:06am

Youtube is full of people like that, go to "yoga challenge" videos there and read the comments. Same thing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print