Charlotte Flair WWE (Read 22428 times)
DogbiteWilliams
God Member

Liberal Atheist

Los Angeles
Charlotte Flair WWE
Oct 24th, 2016 at 5:16pm

« Last Edit: Dec 26th, 2016 at 9:41am by Will_the_Thrill »  

A mind is a horrible thing to squander on religion.

IP Logged

wgonzo64
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Charlotte Flair
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 6:04pm

Good Idea     that she has her own thread   just because there are plenty of pics   of her.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 6:44pm

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 3:05am

Best tweet I've seen today:

The real dajerseyboy ‏@dajerseyboy  · 2m2 minutes ago 

How is a Flair not bleeding after multiple chair shots?  I think Charlotte was adopted. #HIAC

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 4:21am

kam16 wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 3:05am:
Best tweet I've seen today:

The real dajerseyboy ‏@dajerseyboy  · 2m2 minutes ago 

How is a Flair not bleeding after multiple chair shots?  I think Charlotte was adopted. #HIAC

Oh you didn't know? She's really a McMahon. There's no other way to explain Sasha losing the belt in the main event in her hometown. Let's see what their Boston attendance is next time around the house show tour.

And for what? Sasha can't get the title back too soon; there's too much ping ponging with it already. So Bayley? After she lost on TV to Dana? Her story has to be developed more. Bayley's win should be a chase.  Nia Jax as a face? Too soon. It's the time for Asuka, but somehow I don't think that's happening either.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #6 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 5:23am

Just an opinion but the way I see it, even though she's a heel, they want to make her the 'Cena' of the women's division. Y'know keep her champ so we all complain about an extremely lengthy reign.

*If this is true, let's see how long VKM listens to all the whining from the IWC, and more important obviously,the arena crowds before doing something about it.

IP Logged

wgonzo64
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 2:47pm

Why Why Why  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #8 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 3:42pm

Why indeed. She's been a great champion before and could be again, but this switch, at this time and place, is ridiculous.

Did they have it in their minds that this somehow escalates a classic rivalry? Just the opposite.  Next time Sasha wins the belt from Charlotte, if she does, the fans won't care because they won't believe it.

Apparently this was a last minute change. Says one report:

"Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that the finish to the Sasha Banks and Charlotte match last night was supposed to see Sasha Banks going over and retaining the WWE RAW Women’s Championship. Vince McMahon, however, had the match changed last minute to instead have Charlotte win the WWE RAW Women’s Championship. Meltzer said that there is a reason for the change although he doesn’t know why. The plan now is to go with a program between Charlotte vs Bayley sooner than later."

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/769569-backstage-news-onthe-finish-to-sasha-char...

Presumably the last-minute nature of the change is also why the ending was so out of place: All those big spots, then Charlotte hits natural selection and it's over, an ending no more special than any Raw match, not even a main event.  So they had the match all laid out and rehearsed, then had no time to do anything but tack that on.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #9 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 5:36pm

I think one of the reasons is VKM is legitimately concerned about Sasha's durability and maybe he is afraid she will legitimately get seriously hurt with the belt on her. I really don't think he wants to deal with that, while Charlotte has shown to be very durable so far anyway. I do think if Sasha goes a prolonged period without getting banged up too badly she will get a chance for a lengthy title run.

Then there was this crazy thought that also crossed my mind. Could the WWE be actually thinking of Charlotte equally or surpassing Ric's 16x world champion mark ? Obviously no way Charlotte is wrestling until she is 50 or probably to even 40. But if that is a thought somewhere in the minds of WWE creative, that would have to be done within probably 5 years.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #10 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 6:11pm

Agreed, I think Vince sees Sasha kind of like Tony Romo <sorry Cowboys fans> in that she's injury prone, so he's going with "Dak Prescott" <Charlotte> who's more durable and more apt to being available week to week.

Oh, glad to see that you had the same wacky notion I did Will, the idea of Charlotte equaling or surpassing her dad's reigns crossed my mind as well.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #11 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 6:37pm

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 5:36pm:
I think one of the reasons is VKM is legitimately concerned about Sasha's durability and maybe he is afraid she will legitimately get seriously hurt with the belt on her. I really don't think he wants to deal with that, while Charlotte has shown to be very durable so far anyway. I do think if Sasha goes a prolonged period without getting banged up too badly she will get a chance for a lengthy title run.

Then there was this crazy thought that also crossed my mind. Could the WWE be actually thinking of Charlotte equally or surpassing Ric's 16x world champion mark ? Obviously no way Charlotte is wrestling until she is 50 or probably to even 40. But if that is a thought somewhere in the minds of WWE creative, that would have to be done within probably 5 years.

You're totally right about the injury concerns. Sasha still hasn't learned how to take safe bumps, and she's small besides. She's more susceptible to injuries than any other woman that they have.

For some kooky reason Vince is really into stats that no one else cares about. You know, the Royal Rumble stuff, Nikki passing AJ, the New Day passing Demolition, Charlotte undefeated on PPV, even Seth Rollins consecutive champion matches on PPV. So the idea of Charlotte passing her dad's numbers, or at least continuing her own unbeaten PPV record is entirely something that Vince could be thinking about.

So the next program is Bayley. Why did she lose to Dana on TV then? Totally counterproductive.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #12 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 7:03pm

Coming off of Charlotte v. Sasha I don't know about this Bayley v. Charlotte feud, does anyone honestly think someone as tiny as Bayley is going to be durable enough <there's that 'd' word again> to stand up to Charlotte? If Sasha gets hurt so easy, a girl Bayley's size is gonna get mauled right?

That said, the impending feud with Charlotte/Dana is more interesting to me because even though Dana's short, at least she's got some muscle on her, therefore, there's no reason to worry about her folding like a lawn chair.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #13 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 8:59pm

The problem with Dana is her character really has yet to develop into anything that would be perceived by the fans as a credible threat to anybody's championship. I guess putting Dana over Bayley on tv was something of an attempt to get her built up, but they also pushed Bayley's "injured" shoulder being a problem. So that win came off as tainted. The arm wrestling was a joke since as soon as Dana won against Bayely's "injured" arm and then challenged her lefty you knew how the script was going to go. Just as it seemed Bayley was going to win the ol' cheap shot from Dana move. Then Bayley again with "injured" shoulder in tow beats Dana with one Bayley to belly in about 6-7 minutes. So that did nothing to strengthen Dana's character at all. So I don't know where Dana goes from here. Maybe a feud with the returning Emma ?

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #14 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 11:11pm

Since this thread has gone more WWE Women than Charlotte, let's return to its namesake, looking strong as ever. Check out the vein:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwGlqOPXYAABGA5.jpg

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print