Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Charlotte Flair WWE (Read 4747 times)
spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Re: Charlotte Flair
Reply #15 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 12:48am

FYI, Bayley is 5'6" while Sasha is 5'5. Pretty sure Bayley weighs more too. And she's had very credible big girl matches with Nia.

She'll be fine physically.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #16 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 7:27pm

Spin, You did watch last night and see Nia toss Bayley around like a ragdoll right? Sure, Bayley got a few shots in but it essentially was the proverbial squash match. Now look, I know that was Nia Jax and of course Charlotte is no Nia size wise, but still Bayley logged some frequent flyer miles across that ring.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #17 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 8:15pm

Cas wrote on Nov 1st, 2016 at 7:27pm:
Spin, You did watch last night and see Nia toss Bayley around like a ragdoll right? Sure, Bayley got a few shots in but it essentially was the proverbial squash match.

She did that in NXT too, but Bayley won all but one of those matches. Here, she loses, because Vince likes to put giants over (see Braun Strowman) and because Vince thinks Bayley can be a sympathetic babyface underdog character by losing. But this is stupid, because Bayley is losing all of her crowd heat in the process (see Sami Zayn and Neville). Bayley is still the No. 1 challenger for Charlotte down the line.

And by down the line I mean WM. It's been confirmed that Sasha lost because Charlotte has a PPV winning streak that Vince wants to pay off in a big setting. (Good analysis by Will). That would be for a loss at WM, probably to Bayley. But we'll see if Bayley is still popular by then.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #18 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 8:19pm

Cas wrote on Nov 1st, 2016 at 7:27pm:
Spin, You did watch last night and see Nia toss Bayley around like a ragdoll right? Sure, Bayley got a few shots in but it essentially was the proverbial squash match. Now look, I know that was Nia Jax and of course Charlotte is no Nia size wise, but still Bayley logged some frequent flyer miles across that ring.

But those were safe bumps, with Bayley landing the way she was supposed to.  Sasha throws herself through the ropes and does things in ways that risk her back and neck.  Keep working that way and it's only a matter of time before she ends up like Bryan.

And Charlotte is basically safe for Bayley or anyone else to work with.  She's on point with her moves, protecting her partner.  It helps that she is so big and strong.  That lets her keep control of her opponent's body in situations where she needs to do so, and to absorb more impact when the moves call for it.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #19 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 8:33pm

kam16 wrote on Nov 1st, 2016 at 8:19pm:
And Charlotte is basically safe for Bayley or anyone else to work with.  She's on point with her moves, protecting her partner.  It helps that she is so big and strong.  That lets her keep control of her opponent's body in situations where she needs to do so, and to absorb more impact when the moves call for it.

Safe for anyone except Sasha, apparently. But Charlotte is much easier to work with than Nia, who's still clumsy and green. Imagine Nia working with Sasha, that's bad times waiting to happen.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #20 - Nov 2nd, 2016 at 2:15am

Ohhh you gotta love Vince's thinking don't you? Playing the 'sympathetic babyface' card with someone when their popularity is simultaneously being flushed down the toilet by him.

As far as Nia working with Sasha? with her being so injury prone I'd also really hate to see Sasha take one wrong bump and her career end that way.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #21 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 10:34pm

With fitness model Sophia Thiel:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwh9QqCWQAAr1kv.jpg

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #22 - Nov 7th, 2016 at 2:20am

I don't even bother posting Charlotte's "flexes" anymore unless she is flexing hard. 99% of the time now she isn't trying and you can tell she's not. Her workout photos and videos are better because you actually see her muscles exploding since they are straining and working.  Undecided

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #23 - Nov 7th, 2016 at 1:45pm

And today's photo by Charlotte helps bolster my point

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwqGR7RUoAAyzwT.jpg

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #24 - Nov 7th, 2016 at 4:58pm

I don't know for sure, but I'd say the lack of flexing comes from Vince because he doesn't want the girls out muscling the guys. That said, Dana still flexes but as has been said before, she doesn't have the definition she used to, so maybe he allows her to because she looks kind of silly doing it now and he can get a chuckle or two out if it. {terrible thing to say I know, but it is Vince we're talking about  Roll Eyes}

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #25 - Nov 7th, 2016 at 5:52pm

Cas wrote on Nov 7th, 2016 at 4:58pm:
I don't know for sure, but I'd say the lack of flexing comes from Vince because he doesn't want the girls out muscling the guys. That said, Dana still flexes but as has been said before, she doesn't have the definition she used to, so maybe he allows her to because she looks kind of silly doing it now and he can get a chuckle or two out if it. {terrible thing to say I know, but it is Vince we're talking about  Roll Eyes}

I don't think it has anything to do with "out muscling the guys" per se. At this point I have no idea what the motive is. When Charlotte was with Dana I thought it was for the simple reason not to show Dana up with having the superior physique. Now she isn't with her anymore and still in all the candid flexes she is "soft" flexing. Nikki still flexes hard in pics as does Sasha. Becky has not flexed hard in awhile either except for a couple of shots when she won the belt and did the photo shoot. Maybe it's just a women thing. Darn temperamental creatures they are !  Sad

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #26 - Nov 7th, 2016 at 5:56pm

That's the gimmick they gave Dana in NXT, so they're not abandoning it this soon. But they will if she can't get back into WWE shape. In fact, not only the gimmick may be gone, but Dana too! Because she's not very good in the ring.

I don't understand what's going on with her at all. I mean, she's Ashley Seberra, a model here and an IFBB fitness pro. If anyone knows and understands proper nutrition and fitness, it should be her. Yet she let her diet go to pot when she got injured, and has yet to recover. I know that the life on the road is tough, but the others are handling it. Charlotte goes to a place that premakes her meals, and takes them with her. And that's all she eats. Dana needs to get serious about that.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #27 - Nov 7th, 2016 at 6:03pm

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Nov 7th, 2016 at 5:52pm:
Cas wrote on Nov 7th, 2016 at 4:58pm:

I don't think it has anything to do with "out muscling the guys" per se. At this point I have no idea what the motive is.

The motive might be Charlotte's gimmick. She's genetically superior. So she's so cocky that she doesn't feel any need to show off. She's knows she's great, and doesn't care what we think. So she'll just give us whatever she feels like giving.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #28 - Nov 7th, 2016 at 6:41pm

So why is she not all that good in the ring Spin? It's because she's spent so much time being Charlotte's lackey since her call up, right?. Bottom line, a seperation from 'The Queen' {sorry Stephanie  Tongue} would do Dana 1000% good both physically and in-ring if Vince doesn't pull the plug on her first.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #29 - Nov 7th, 2016 at 7:27pm

Cas wrote on Nov 7th, 2016 at 6:41pm:
So why is she not all that good in the ring Spin? It's because she's spent so much time being Charlotte's lackey since her call up, right?. Bottom line, a seperation from 'The Queen' {sorry Stephanie  Tongue} would do Dana 1000% good both physically and in-ring if Vince doesn't pull the plug on her first.

Well, most of getting to be good in the ring doesn't happen in what we see on TV. It happens in training and in house-show matches, which she's done as regularly as anyone. But she hasn't developed any new moves since NXT, and she never had many there to begin with. She's gotten a little better with her timing and taking bumps, but still has a long way to go. I'm always struck by the fact that most of her distinctive moves, relying on her gymnastics background, require her opponent to be holding still: She's not working with them, not developing any chemistry.

I don't think her in-ring problems are due to the Charlotte pairing, although it did hurt her overall character. (How's Dana supposed to look powerful and physically intimidating when she's so much shorter than Charlotte -- and yes, playing the lackey?) She was much better off with Emma, who could cover her weaknesses without overwhelming her: Emma could be the technician, while Dana was the muscle. Still, even then, if she was going to lose her defined physique, fail to progress in the ring or develop on the mic, there was little hope for her. She needs to turn that around.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print