Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
New HerBicepsCam Platform Launches Tonight!! (Read 641 times)
comp
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Re: New HerBicepsCam Platform Launches Tonight!!
Reply #15 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 7:12am

The free messages for VIPs don't work. It wants the user to add money to send the email in spite of saying 15 (thought it was 10?) free messages.

IP Logged

hellolo

hmmm?

Reply #16 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 11:49am

windowsuser9 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 7:09am:
OH wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 6:22am:
So we get charged credits if we send a girl an email?  Well that's a really poor feature.

Not really.  Especially since you get 10 free ones as VIP.  If they were always free then too many people would abuse the system and flood every model's inbox.  Quality over quantity I say.  Models want to use the site for business, and not an alternative to facebook.

I think the person who is mostly interested doing business is Mike and Herbicepscam-team, who be interesting to know how much percentage of the payment of the different feature are going over to them.

IP Logged

windowsuser9
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #17 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 4:08pm

hellolo wrote on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 11:49am:
windowsuser9 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 7:09am:
So we get charged credits if we send a girl an email?  Well that's a really poor feature.

Not really.  Especially since you get 10 free ones as VIP.  If they were always free then too many people would abuse the system and flood every model's inbox.  Quality over quantity I say.  Models want to use the site for business, and not an alternative to facebook.

I think the person who is mostly interested doing business is Mike and Herbicepscam-team, who be interesting to know how much percentage of the payment of the different feature are going over to them.

Of course they're interested in business, that's why they've created the site in the first place.  But I really don't see what's unfair about the email system.

The old site did not offer a way to contact models.  So the only way to get a hold of them was either outside of the site, which is a bit stalkerish, or wait for them to get in free chat to ask them something.  But often times they wouldn't respond anyway, either due to there being too many in the room, or out of a lack of interest.  The email system offers 1-on-1 exchanges without requiring the recipient to be online.  You can set up an appointment through emails among other useful things.  VIP shows you are serious.  Without VIP, emails cost $, and that money goes to the model as a tip. The model gets something out of it, giving them more of an incentive to participate in using this feature.  Another great aspect of the email system is that models can send announcements to their fanclub members.  For instance, I received a message from one of the models I'm following, letting her fanclub members know in advance that she's going to be hosting a happy hour (discount on session prices) on a certain date.  This is a far cry from what the original site had.

On the old site, you would also tip for a flex.  But some of the models wouldn't follow through with it, so the quick clips is a nice alternative.  It's also cheaper than the old tips, and you get to keep the clip, as opposed to only watching the model flex live.  With all that said, you're still given the option to tip the model if you'd like, but the quick clips is a nice added bonus.

Now, that's not to say that the site is perfect.  Despite there being other very nice features, the site still comes with its issues.  Even some of the session prices are a little steep compared to other FBB webcam sites.  But I don't think making some of the features like emails or PMs free is the solution, because too many people would abuse it without even spending a dime on sessions.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen other people in free chat asking for flexes or PMs for free, and admit that they're too broke to ever pay for a session.  Why are these people even using the site?

IP Logged

comp
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #18 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 4:32pm

windowsuser9 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 4:08pm:
VIP shows you are serious.  Without VIP, emails cost $, and that money goes to the model as a tip.

Not exactly. I have VIP and am unable to send a message (reply to a fanclub message from the girl) without adding money to my account. Of course, this incentivizes folks to track them down in a stalkerish way to send a message. But I'm not going to do that. Given that virtually every aspect of the new platform is full of bugs, and many features are incomplete, I am not comfortable adding money to my account at this time. The developers should have waited to release a thoroughly tested, production-ready product, not a beta version. It's the models who will be hurt by this the most -- they're the ones who will be sitting in free chat not making any money because they're using a broken website.

As to the PM issue, the lady was free to choose who to PM. I think it's a poor feature not to allow PMs -- you can ask in PM about a private show without 20 other guys reading your message. Granted, now there won't be 20 guys asking "pm plz," so it'll be less frustrating for the women. But then again, they may get more frustrated having to sit in free chat, listening to all the weird questions, instead of hiding in premium.

On virtually every other webcam site, there's a "whisper" feature. Sometimes the models require you to have money in your account or to be a member of your fan club to use it, but the feature still exists. I suppose you could go back and forth with the email feature instead of PMs, but that's a lot of overhead, and the model is unlikely to look at messages if she's currently broadcasting a video feed.

IP Logged

windowsuser9
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #19 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 4:45pm

comp wrote on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 4:32pm:
windowsuser9 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 4:08pm:
VIP shows you are serious.  Without VIP, emails cost $, and that money goes to the model as a tip.

Not exactly. I have VIP and am unable to send a message (reply to a fanclub message from the girl) without adding money to my account. Of course, this incentivizes folks to track them down in a stalkerish way to send a message. But I'm not going to do that. Given that virtually every aspect of the new platform is full of bugs, and many features are incomplete, I am not comfortable adding money to my account at this time. The developers should have waited to release a thoroughly tested, production-ready product, not a beta version. It's the models who will be hurt by this the most -- they're the ones who will be sitting in free chat not making any money because they're using a broken website.

As to the PM issue, the lady was free to choose who to PM. I think it's a poor feature not to allow PMs -- you can ask in PM about a private show without 20 other guys reading your message. Granted, now there won't be 20 guys asking "pm plz," so it'll be less frustrating for the women. But then again, they may get more frustrated having to sit in free chat, listening to all the weird questions, instead of hiding in premium.

Regarding VIP and not being able to reply to emails, that's a known glitch that they're working on.  I do agree with you about the beta version comment, but so do the developers.  The reality is, there's no way to fully test it without actually releasing a beta and seeing how the site functions when a dozen models and dozens of members are on at the same time.

Correct, the lady was free to choose who to PM, but most of the models have complained that people would engage in PMs and yet not take them to private.  PMs are still going to be a feature, except this time it's only for VIP members, and I agree with that despite not even being VIP myself.  It's the only logical solution, as it weeds out the freeloaders.

IP Logged

windowsuser9
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #20 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 4:56pm

comp wrote on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 4:32pm:
On virtually every other webcam site, there's a "whisper" feature. Sometimes the models require you to have money in your account or to be a member of your fan club to use it, but the feature still exists. I suppose you could go back and forth with the email feature instead of PMs, but that's a lot of overhead, and the model is unlikely to look at messages if she's currently broadcasting a video feed.

Hmm.  One of the reasons I didn't like PMs on the old site was that it would create a new tab in the chat box, and there'd be a limit to how many PMs a model could get as a result of that.  I suspect that that's also what annoyed many of the models.  Changing it so only serious VIP members can PM makes it easier on the models and weeds out the annoying freeloaders.  However, a whisper feature would be pretty useful.  I'd probably prefer that come to think of it lol.

IP Logged

comp
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #21 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 5:01pm

Test it incrementally. Make a (bipartite) graph based on models and clients and compute the components of the graph. Have people in the same component of the graph use the same version of the website, and gradually infect more and more components with the new version.

Besides, they aren't making anything new. The new platform is exactly like every other webcam site (modulo all the bugs). This is not innovation. I don't know if the developers know what they're doing, but perhaps they should have done one upgrade at a time over the years instead of waiting for a massive overhaul. Going from a very simple website to the modern standard for webcam sites can be an ambitious project if you don't know what you're doing.

RE: PMs. Oh, I thought they were getting rid of it entirely. I have no problem with only allowing PMs with people who have demonstrated they're serious about going private.

A couple other thoughts:

(1) It would be good to actually get an email notification (real email, not hbc email) when a model sends you a message.

(2) Have some filters on "top clips." Under best selling videos right now, the top clip is called "JS Peeing" with a nude thumbnail. Some people have weird fetishes and I respect that, but that's going to creep a lot of people out (myself included).

IP Logged

windowsuser9
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #22 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 5:11pm

comp wrote on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 5:01pm:
Test it incrementally. Make a (bipartite) graph based on models and clients and compute the components of the graph. Have people in the same component of the graph use the same version of the website, and gradually infect more and more components with the new version.

Besides, they aren't making anything new. The new platform is exactly like every other webcam site (modulo all the bugs). This is not innovation. I don't know if the developers know what they're doing, but perhaps they should have done one upgrade at a time over the years instead of waiting for a massive overhaul. Going from a very simple website to the modern standard for webcam sites can be an ambitious project if you don't know what you're doing.

RE: PMs. Oh, I thought they were getting rid of it entirely. I have no problem with only allowing PMs with people who have demonstrated they're serious about going private.

A couple other thoughts:

(1) It would be good to actually get an email notification (real email, not hbc email) when a model sends you a message.

(2) Have some filters on "top clips." Under best selling videos right now, the top clip is called "JS Peeing" with a nude thumbnail. Some people have weird fetishes and I respect that, but that's going to creep a lot of people out (myself included).

You could very well be right about that, but I wouldn't know as I'm pretty ignorant about web development.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on the email notifications.  You should suggest that to Customer_Service or Help_Desk.  If not I'll happily do it as I'd love that to be an option.  Smiley

Haha yes, I've noticed that peeing clip as well.  How would you filter all of the clips, though?  Some have a bit of everything, like bicep flexing, glutes, etc.  Some are very specific like the fetish you pointed out.  I guess an obvious solution would be to add multiple tags to videos based on their content, and then seeing those vids pop up when using a search filter.  Many other sites do the same.

IP Logged

comp
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #23 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 5:16pm

Off the top of my head, I'd have the model be required to check if it might be offensive or weird in some way (pee/poop/stepping on toys/dildos/nude/etc.) and have the clients have an account feature where they choose which options to allow to show up for them. Or you could make a feature where clients can flag certain videos as inappropriate.

Nude ass is probably less of a big deal since half the time they're wearing a thong which is really no different anyway.

IP Logged

windowsuser9
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #24 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 5:20pm

comp wrote on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 5:16pm:
Off the top of my head, I'd have the model be required to check if it might be offensive or weird in some way (pee/poop/stepping on toys/dildos/nude/etc.) and have the clients have an account feature where they choose which options to allow to show up for them. Or you could make a feature where clients can flag certain videos as inappropriate.

Nude ass is probably less of a big deal since half the time they're wearing a thong which is really no different anyway.

Ah I see, so you want to be able to hide specific vids from showing up for you.  I guess that's fair, though it's probably not going to be high priority for the devs.

IP Logged

comp
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #25 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 5:24pm

Frankly the video rental isn't that important anyway. It's a webcam site. Many of these girls have done video work for companies with professional cameramen who have HD cameras. Even the amateur clips4sale stuff is better quality, and probably cheaper per minute. The lure of webcam is that it's live and that you're "directing the action," so to speak, and having a "real" social interaction with the person.

IP Logged

windowsuser9
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #26 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 5:34pm

comp wrote on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 5:24pm:
Frankly the video rental isn't that important anyway. It's a webcam site. Many of these girls have done video work for companies with professional cameramen who have HD cameras. Even the amateur clips4sale stuff is better quality, and probably cheaper per minute. The lure of webcam is that it's live and that you're "directing the action," so to speak, and having a "real" social interaction with the person.

Agreed.  It's precisely why I've stopped subscribing to FBB video sites.  I much prefer live webcam sessions.  Though if the video rentals were in HD, with reasonable pricing, I would definitely be interested.  I'd prefer them to professional video shoots as they'd have that self-made quality to them.  But that's just my opinion.

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #27 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 11:07pm

So we get charged credits if we send a girl an email?  Well that's a really poor feature.  Thanks a lot Mike

If the email was free, girls wouldnt be incentivized to use the email system.  If the email was free, we would have a spam and troll problem.  Charging hazards out all of that behavior.

But yeah, you don't have to use it of course.  Receiving emails through the site from models is free.  And we are going to encourage models to use the messaging system to let guys know when they are coming online, updates on show prep, and they can send teaser pictures as well.

If you join VIP for $9.95/month or $19.95/quarter, you get more than that amount of emails for free and half price all the others.  For the guys spending hundreds a month on webcam, VIP will be on the house.  For the guys not doing that, its a pretty inexpensive charge to differentiate yourself from the other users in free chat, plus VIPs will have PMing privileges...and if you do want to do things like send models your pictures or reach out to models you want to connect with, then its a way of getting that messaging for a lot cheaper.

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #28 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 11:12pm

You can drag and expand the model's video screen or shrink it...any time you want...in any of the chat rooms.

If you have a really small laptop, I can see space being an issue...but you should be able to set your screen resolution on any machine to give yourself more breathing room

eventually (like in 6 months), we'll have a mobile friendly version that will scale better for small screens

windowsuser9 wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 6:17pm:
Hi Mike.  The Quick clips is a good idea but unfortunately it takes up too much space on the screen, keeping me from being able to stretch the model's webcam window out.  To get a good view I'd have to double click on her webcam to view it in fullscreen, but then I wouldn't be able to type to her.  So is there a way to hide the Quick clips video preview?

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #29 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 11:18pm

Old videos aren't our first priority currently, but they a priority to get to this coming week.  We should be able to restore them.  Its a formatting issue, but haven't gotten knee deep in it yet.

Bernie wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 6:26pm:
comp wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 4:10pm:
So are the old video clips that were paid for on the old website no longer going to be available? ...and 10 credits is $1? So these ~ 20 second clips I'm seeing for 500 credits will cost $50? Wow.

looks like things are slowly catching up.  I have some videos I have paid for available and that aren't.  I would just give it a bit of time for everything to catch up. 

I would wait through the weekend, then if there is an issue with this, I will the first in line to complain.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print