Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Your site is not secure (and more site problems) (Read 69 times)
sike

Your site is not secure (and more site problems)
Dec 3rd, 2016 at 6:30pm

I was really hoping the new site would be secure but it appears it is not. Conducting credit card transactions over your site leaves users vulnerable to theft. The old site wasn't secure either!

How can you tell if a site is secure or not?

For starters, if the site were secure, there would be a little padlock next to the address bar (depending on the browser) and you'd be using https. Look it up. Compare it to amazon.com and you'll see.

Secondly, I cannot change my address, name, information without providing my credit card. I understand that my old information carried over but how do I change that! There is no place to do that and I am not entering a cc number until the site is secure.

"Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities..." Huh!? I develop websites professionally, and that line is laughable.

Next, your privacy policy and terms are sorely out of date. You don't even have rules in place over recording performances or cam content ownership.

Lastly, how do I delete my account, removing all my information - my name, address, etc, EVERYTHING! I've been an active member since the site started but this last update really pisses me off. Overlooking something as basic as user security is absolutely careless.

IP Logged

comp
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Re: Your site is not secure (and more site problems)
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 7:30pm

Considering they don't use security on the herbiceps site (or any site hosted by thevalkyrie) and like to steal from you after you sign up, I'm not sure how high of a priority fixing this will be.

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 10:06pm

all credit card information pages are hosted on an outside site and are totally secure using https you are looking for...clicking add credits brings up a popup that you click and it takes you to another popup hosted by rocket gate, not on our servers...

we don't keep ANY credit card info on our own servers...but amazon does of course

I think you are just misunderstanding, my friend

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 10:07pm

comp wrote on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 7:30pm:
Considering they don't use security on the herbiceps site (or any site hosted by thevalkyrie) and like to steal from you after you sign up, I'm not sure how high of a priority fixing this will be.

Did you lose some money on our site?  let me know if I can help...you can email help@herbicepscam.com for any help
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2016 at 7:08pm by Mike »  
IP Logged

comp
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 10:19pm

It's the site you host on. Every time I've signed up with you (or femflex, whatever, any site that thevalkyrie hosts), I've gotten fraudulent charges on my credit card ranging from $20-50. Each time I've had to get a new card and report the fraud. Except the one time I used a debit card I couldn't get the money back (and the one time I used a prepaid debit card for security reasons, thevalkyrie declined my membership).

It's a shame, because you have some good content on your site. Using a service like CCBill is really the way to go. I haven't had any issues with the billing on the old HBC though. I'm not comfortable adding money on the new platform right now because there are so many bugs.

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 11:03pm

I've been running my sites for 15 years and I've never heard of this before, honestly.

The new webcam site is on a different server than HerBiceps.com or Femflex.com, but I've never had a significant problem with what you're describing. 

Where were these charges from? Can you send me the info?

IP Logged

comp
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 12:08am

Sent a PM.

IP Logged

ruebe152001

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 1:04pm

I also had these problems. Had to do 3 or 4 pretty embarassing phone calls with my credit card company. They had to block my credit card a couple of times because of security issues. They said they had to block it cause they recognized that somebody was trying to get money from my card. Apparently those criminals start with really small cent amounts just to check if its working or something like that. But thankfully my credit card company always seemed to have recognized that.
I remember my last phone call when i was calling again to unblock my card again when this woman was specifically asking me what i was doing on that website? And i should stop making transactions on that website.

I have never used HBC ever since and never had any problems again. But that was all on the old website. I hope the new is different but does not sound like it at the moment.

IP Logged

jumponit

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 11:21pm

This has also happened to me with Valkyrie transactions.

IP Logged

sike

Reply #9 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 1:28am

When you click to "Buy Credits" and choose the amount, an iframe from rocketgate appears in the middle of the screen. The rocketgate page is secure but it doesn't matter - loading an iframe for secure content on an insecure site allows for iframe injection. The average user never knows for certain what site they're passing their name, address, and credit card information to because it's hidden in the sourcecode. It'd be pretty easy to hack that and have it point to another site. Not to mention, it's misleading to the customer.

If the secure content is in an iframe, the browser's location bar won't indicate that you are on a secure connection, which means your asking users to give their information on what completely appears an insecure site.

Actually, how does your site have any of my information at all? You said you don't store credit card numbers, but what about my name, address, date of birth? (And where can one edit that!?) That information resides on your servers and it must get passed to rocketgate somehow to pre-populate those fields! Name, address, dob... that's still valuable information that's apparently not being protected.

And that's just the tip of the security holes I found. Forget that on the old site, you could hit a keycommand and see all the models user info. I'm not surprised people are reporting mysterious charges.

IP Logged

jumponit

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #10 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 11:21pm

I won't be buying credits on the site until this problem is addressed. If I don't get a great lock in Chrome telling me my connection is secure, I can't risk it.

IP Logged

sike

Reply #11 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 8:17pm

Great. HBC is now secure but transactions are still conducted in an iframe which is misleading and prone to attack.

I have been a very active member of this site since its inception and now, ~9 years and ~$25k later, I'm done. This new design is that terrible.

Some suggestions:
- making the site responsive was a terrible idea. give it a fixed width.
- move any and all transactions to their own window/url
- make it possible for someone to delete their account and edit all their user data
- test the site on a separate server before going live next time
- hire an actual ux designer and web designer
- don't hire some shitty programmers in Poland to build your site
- too many clicks to see a girl's profile and to load up her cam. make dedicated, visible buttons for that on the homepage. Get rid of that gear i have to click, etc.
- its so difficult to find anyone: add a "Sort by name" and "Sort by last logged in" feature
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2016 at 6:57am by sike »  

IP Logged

sike

Reply #12 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 1:15am

Oops

IP Logged

aggieman

Chinups rule!

Reply #13 - Dec 30th, 2016 at 6:21am

Another issue with the new site, that I have not seen discussed yet:

I was on with "Aryana" earlier today.  I left to get more credits, and when I got back to the main screen her profile was not listed among active performers.  Ok, no problem, I figured she left momentarily and would log right back on.  But I waited and waited, refreshing the screen periodically, and no sign of her.  Finally after like 10 minutes, her profile popped up as active.   I jumped right in, and she was like "Wow, what happened, I've been waiting for you in free all this time!" Undecided

What the heck?  If performers can be online but not SHOW as online, that's a MAJOR problem.  Anybody else experience this?

IP Logged

jumponit

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #14 - Dec 30th, 2016 at 10:24am

this.

sike wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 8:17pm:
Great. HBC is now secure but transactions are still conducted in an iframe which is misleading and prone to attack.

I have been a very active member of this site since its inception and now, ~9 years and ~$25k later, I'm done. This new design is that terrible.

Some suggestions:
- making the site responsive was a terrible idea. give it a fixed width.
- move any and all transactions to their own window/url
- make it possible for someone to delete their account and edit all their user data
- test the site on a separate server before going live next time
- hire an actual ux designer and web designer
- don't hire some shitty programmers in Poland to build your site
- too many clicks to see a girl's profile and to load up her cam. make dedicated, visible buttons for that on the homepage. Get rid of that gear i have to click, etc.
- its so difficult to find anyone: add a "Sort by name" and "Sort by last logged in" feature

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print