Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The new HBC is NOT streaming in HD-SD (Read 495 times)
fbbfan4life
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

The new HBC is NOT streaming in HD-SD
Dec 7th, 2016 at 11:48am

First of all, I am NOT complaining about the outages and  lack of services occurring these days, it's pretty normal during a complete system transition.

I'd rather focus on the main reason for HBC decided to move to the new platform, that is the ability to broadcast in HD/SD. The old site was really outdated and no other cam site offered such a low definition. The problem is that the new site IS NOT OFFERING HD/SD STREAMING !!! Take a look at any of the broadcasting cams: the edges of the image are not accurate, pixellation occurs often (expecially when the model moves and even in the  background) and the image is CROPPED to 16:9 size to give an illusion of the HD. If a model is concurrently broadcasting on HBC and on another site you will see this cropping thing: on HBC the top and bottom of the cam are cropped to fake an HD 16:9 screen size; this is also the case of ALL the profile thumbs that are the old ones (previous platform) simply cropped by cutting the top and the bottom.

Someone could think this is depending on settings that models decide and/or the quality of their webcams, but I don't think so as it happens with ALL the models. In my opinion it might depend on more technical stuff regarding the HBC platform, like hardware capacity, codecs used, overall system speed and redundancy, and so on.

I don't want to mention here the name of other live cams sites, but everyone can find out that most of them which use HD/SD streaming provide a CRYSTAL CLEAR IMAGE and no lags, breaks or pauses in the broadcasting, no matter of how fast the model moves or how detailed is the background behind them. And of course NO IMAGE CROPPING either, 16:9 size is real 16:9 not a 4:3 cropped to 16:9 by cutting top and bottom.

I would like to know if the HBC owners and managers are aware of all this and if they plan to move to a real HD streaming site, because if this is not the case even the new HBC site is already outdated at its birth.

IP Logged

xhero
God Member

\m/*-*\m/

Re: The new HBC is NOT streaming in HD-SD
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 2:52pm

Yes I think you are right I had the same sensation, video size is just bigger but the resolution is still very poor. Just had a fast look but that was the 1st thing I noticed.

IP Logged

windowsuser9
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 5:26pm

I started paying for private cam sessions earlier in the summer.  From July to September I spent about $600 on HBC and then stopped.  I would've kept spending but I got tired of the poor cam quality.  Instead I went to a different site and spent $200-$300 over there.  Then I signed up to this forum after discovering that a site update was planned, and was looking forward to it.  I've seen some great improvements made on the new cam site, and they're still working on the webcam issues.  It'll take time, but I trust them.  I want this to be the ultimate FBB cam site, which is why I'm sticking around.  When it comes to all the different features and the interface, this bests any other FBB cam site.  The only thing that needs ironing out is the webcam quality and then it would be perfect for me.

I will say this, the cam quality now compared to the old site is a noticeable improvement, but I agree, it could and should be better.  I do think you're taking the models' cameras and internet speed for granted, however.  I've seen from my own experience what poor internet connection can do to a webcam feed that would otherwise broadcast in true HD.   

On the new site, some of the webcam feeds look pretty pixelated, but others are fairly clear, clear enough that I'd love to keep spending as long as the latency improves and the picture is smooth, with little to no lag when the model moves around.  That's really my only major qualm at the moment.  I'm not sure if it's the site's issue or the model's.

With that said, I do plan on taking one of the models to private either this Friday or the next once I add more funds, but I'm hoping I don't run into any issues.  I've tested out several models' rooms in free chat and I've noticed the chat and/or webcam feed freeze up for some of them.  I hope that doesn't happen to me during private.  Undecided

IP Logged

Sean
YaBB Administrator

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Las Vegas
Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 5:58pm

We are keeping track of everyones concerns and working hard to resolved everything. Thank you for your feedback.

What internet speed and type of camera a model uses is a huge factor. If both are poor, it doesn't matter how great we make things on our end that will continue to be a bottleneck.

IP Logged

xhero
God Member

\m/*-*\m/

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 3:51pm

Sean wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 5:58pm:
We are keeping track of everyones concerns and working hard to resolved everything. Thank you for your feedback.

What internet speed and type of camera a model uses is a huge factor. If both are poor, it doesn't matter how great we make things on our end that will continue to be a bottleneck.

that's a fact but it's a fact too that most models work on multiple websites and on other platforms their streaming are pretty much better. I have no doubt you are gonna solve any issue, that's for sure, thanks for your reply!

IP Logged

muscleluvr
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 7:35pm

I have also noticed the issue with the top and bottom of the picture being cropped off. I kind of feel like I'm being short-changed if 1/3 of the picture is missing! It is definitely the site that's the problem not the model's webcam, because when HBC models appear on other camsites then it shows the full picture:

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #6 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 5:51am

hmm...that's odd...thanks for capturing that comparison...that's going to be very useful to show the programmers....my guess is one of our screen resolutions is set up improperly...and we should be able to fix that this week

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print