spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Re: WWE Women X
Reply #750 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 11:30pm

musclefan29 wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 9:47pm:
6789shav wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 2:22pm:
I would think HHH, Shane, Stephanie could do a better job of things. Recall all the buzz about the Women's Revolution or whatever it was called, couple years ago with Stephanie leading the way.

Trouble is that as long as decent money is coming in, Vince doesn't see the need for him to at least semi-retire.

The "women's revolution" is largely BS based on hypocrisy (particularly when it comes to Stephanie who only cares because it makes her look good and because she wanted to try and emulate Ronda Rousey's success) but I agree. Triple H in particular does genuinely care about building a better women's division as his NXT track record proves.

Triple H will want to build a better Wrestling Company with significant entertainment aspects mixed in. Vince has built an Entertainment Company where it's nice that the wrestling is good, but not paramount.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #751 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 3:18am

Charlotte's match with Lana this week was a fun segment for several reasons. (1) Watching Charlotte easily outpower and outmaneuver Lana at every turn, smiling and smirking most of the way. (2) Lana accidentally pulling down Charlotte's tights on a sunset flip attempt, leading the crowd to "Thank you Lana" chants and (3) the moment at 4:05-4:06 when they're both cracking up at the chants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pEbki9hM1o

If you're going to have Lana in the ring, this is the way to do it -- not trying to make her formidable as in her PPV match with Naomi, but openly acknowledging her rookie-ness and making her pay her dues. Despite her nominal heel status, though, Lana's really coming off like a sympathetic babyface, while Charlotte's playing heel. And the end result of this may be a face turn for Lana, which is fine since the crowd wants to cheer her anyway.  With Lana humbled after her match and Tamina bossing her around, we may see them go that route.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #752 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 3:30am

Better yet, just put her back with Handsome Rusev. With him at least she had heat and stage presence.

Trouble with Lana in ring, besides being green, is she has no ring presence. Once her dance is done, the interest in her is gone. Tamina has that problem too, so pairing up the two of them does neither any favors.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #753 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 3:35am

spin wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 3:30am:
Better yet, just put her back with Handsome Rusev. With him at least she had heat and stage presence.

I've got no idea why they broke them up, especially when they're both on the same brand. Nor, for that matter, why they quit having her do the "Vlad-i-mir Poo-tin" bit. (Yes I do -- Vince probably wants to do business in Russia.  But that's when her act was at its best.)

IP Logged

musclefan29
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #754 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:48pm

IP Logged

musclefan29
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #755 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:59pm

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/893245487632982016

Mandy single handedly wins for her "team." I have to say that I am more excited about Mandy then I have been for anyone in quite a while, she is everything they thought they had with Eva Marie times a million, and she will be a huge star if she even fulfills a fraction of her potential.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2017 at 7:57pm by musclefan29 »  

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #756 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:12pm

musclefan29 wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:59pm:

Mandy single handedly wins for her "team." I have to say that I am more excited about Mandy then I have been for anyone in quite a while, she is everything they thought they had with Eva Marie times a million, and she will be a huge star if she even fulfills a fraction of her potential.

Speaking of Mandy, excerpt from Wrestling Observer review from a house show:

- Ruby Riot & Sarah Logan defeated Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose

One of the best bouts on the show. Logan's selling is great in little ways you don't notice on television. Deville has improved tremendously and understands how to work for her character a lot more. Mandy Rose has potential to be a superstar. Her look may get you thinking she's just a model they are throwing out there but she's a great athlete.

IP Logged

Top_Dogg

Female Muscle Rules...PERIOD!

Reply #757 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 12:07am

kam16 wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:12pm:

One of the best bouts on the show. Logan's selling is great in little ways you don't notice on television. Deville has improved tremendously and understands how to work for her character a lot more. Mandy Rose has potential to be a superstar. Her look may get you thinking she's just a model they are throwing out there but she's a great athlete.

One big reason why I'm glad Mandy has not been used as much on NXT yet. Let her do house shows and live events and build her up right. And it seems like it's working. I agree, she has what it takes to be a big star in WWE.

Founder/Owner of FitGems Nation, Ultimate Hardbods, Diva Physique, and USA Fit Cheer
IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #758 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 1:04am

Top_Dogg wrote on Aug 13th, 2017 at 12:07am:

One big reason why I'm glad Mandy has not been used as much on NXT yet. Let her do house shows and live events and build her up right. And it seems like it's working. I agree, she has what it takes to be a big star in WWE.

Yes. I'm hearing that they think the time for Mandy is now, and we'll be seeing her a lot more on NXT post Brooklyn.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #759 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 2:11am

spin wrote on Aug 13th, 2017 at 1:04am:
Top_Dogg wrote on Aug 13th, 2017 at 12:07am:

Yes. I'm hearing that they think the time for Mandy is now, and we'll be seeing her a lot more on NXT post Brooklyn.

In the meantime, let's see more of her, like, right now!  Smiley

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHDU6MQV0AATJD9.jpg

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #760 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 4:00am

So now does Asuka drop the belt at NXT Takeover next weekend?  It is so time for her to go to the main roster.  Raw desperately needs new blood, and with Bayley out, this would seem like the perfect time.

Sasha wins the belt at Summerslam (does anyone really want to see Nia vs. Alexa?), Asuka shows up on TV the next night (maybe right after Alexa claims her rematch) or soon after, and fans finally have not only a new match, but one they'd love to see. And if they want to push Nia, Asuka's among the few who can have a good match with her.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #761 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 4:31am

kam16 wrote on Aug 13th, 2017 at 4:00am:
So now does Asuka drop the belt at NXT Takeover next weekend?  It is so time for her to go to the main roster.  Raw desperately needs new blood, and with Bayley out, this would seem like the perfect time.

Sasha wins the belt at Summerslam (does anyone really want to see Nia vs. Alexa?), Asuka shows up on TV the next night (maybe right after Alexa claims her rematch) or soon after, and fans finally have not only a new match, but one they'd love to see. And if they want to push Nia, Asuka's among the few who can have a good match with her.

The debate seems to be if Asuka loses the belt, or just vacates it after beating Ember. Nobody thinks that Ember is as good as Asuka, so she won't be elevated that much by winning.

Raw could certainly use Asuka right now. They could align her with Alexa, and she could help her get past babyface Nia into a program with Sasha. Then at some point she turns on Alexa and takes on Sasha herself.

In the meantime, they could send Bayley to Smackdown, and have three of the Horsewomen there for the Shayna/Ronda program.

IP Logged

musclefan29
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #762 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 8:06am

spin wrote on Aug 13th, 2017 at 4:31am:
In the meantime, they could send Bayley to Smackdown, and have three of the Horsewomen there for the Shayna/Ronda program.

UGH. Just my opinion.

IP Logged

Tizen
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #763 - Aug 14th, 2017 at 9:03pm

Who do you think will win the number one contender match tonight?

I hope Sasha wins, but I have a bad feeling, because it's in Sasha's hometown and this people mostly lose their matches.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #764 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 3:26am

Wait ... did we just see that?

Did Mickie James actually get booked to win a match --one-on-one, yet -- on TV?

I'll be damned.  It really happened.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 
Send Topic Print