I Love YaBB 2.4!

Re: WWE Women X
Reply #870 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 4:20pm

IP Logged

Jon stunner

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #871 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 8:36am

So who do you have winning the Mae Young Classic? My original pick Abbey Laith is out so who's it going to be? Will it be Shanya because of Ronda or will it be Sane who has been the best thing about the tournament?

I'm personally hope Sane wins because she just have great match after great match while Shanya has been having decent match after decent match, nothing too good so far. I'm worried they'll give it to Shanya just because one the UFC four hourse women and two their in vegas home of UFC. That's probably why she's gone this far.

IP Logged

wgonzo64
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #872 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 5:04pm

Off topic     but I thought the plan was   @WM  Stroman beats Lensner ???  not they fight at no mercy.  is this going to be a back and forth   where each wins one and drag this out until  WM.     These writers  and VKM  are really starting to annoy     so much so I record both shows  and  fast forward to  the only parts I find tolerable      answers anyone ???

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #873 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 5:56pm

wgonzo64 wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
Off topic     but I thought the plan was   @WM  Stroman beats Lensner ???  not they fight at no mercy.  is this going to be a back and forth   where each wins one and drag this out until  WM.     These writers  and VKM  are really starting to annoy     so much so I record both shows  and  fast forward to  the only parts I find tolerable      answers anyone ???

No. The plan at WM is for Reigns to beat Lesnar. They're booking backwards from there. Strowman may not lose at this PPV though; could be some kind of count out. They'll keep him viable.

IP Logged

wgonzo64
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #874 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 6:30pm

ok  I see   thanks

IP Logged

Tizen

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #875 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 8:21pm

Charly Caruso

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #876 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 4:33am

Jon stunner wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 8:36am:
So who do you have winning the Mae Young Classic? My original pick Abbey Laith is out so who's it going to be? Will it be Shanya because of Ronda or will it be Sane who has been the best thing about the tournament?

I'm personally hope Sane wins because she just have great match after great match while Shanya has been having decent match after decent match, nothing too good so far. I'm worried they'll give it to Shanya just because one the UFC four hourse women and two their in vegas home of UFC. That's probably why she's gone this far.

It could go either way, for just the reasons you cite. Creatively, though, I'd also tend to go for Sane because we've just had a dominant champ for so long that we can use one who can play face-in-peril as well as delivering great matches.

Speaking of Asuka, now we know she's coming to Raw.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #877 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 4:54am

I expect Sane to win following some sort of distraction with the two Horsewoman groups, diverting Shayna's attention so that Sane can hit the elbow. That would kickoff the Survivor Series feud as well.

But they could just as easily go the other way, Shayna winning, Ronda celebrates with her group, and then the other group hits the ring for the stare down.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #878 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 4:14am

I suppose a lot of you will watch this later on YouTube or whenever you want on the Network, so this is a SPOILER ALERT:

There was no angle; Kairi won the match straight with the inSANE elbow. The match was very well done, with the MMA vs. pro wrestling theme. Shayna "injured her ribs," which was key to the match finish.

After teasing it so long and not doing the angle, though both Horsewoman groups were there, I guess that means Ronda hasn't come to terms yet.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #879 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 5:21am

spin wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 4:14am:
I suppose a lot of you will watch this later on YouTube or whenever you want on the Network, so this is a SPOILER ALERT:

There was no angle; Kairi won the match straight with the inSANE elbow. The match was very well done, with the MMA vs. pro wrestling theme. Shayna "injured her ribs," which was key to the match finish.

After teasing it so long and not doing the angle, though both Horsewoman groups were there, I guess that means Ronda hasn't come to terms yet.

And contrary to what was discussed weeks ago, they didn't make this an NXT title match.  Though you gotta think Kairi is a strong prospect for that role too.

UPDATE: HHH says "On November 18th at the Toyota Center at the next NXT TakeOver, Kairi will be fighting to determine a new NXT Women's Champion."  The wording sounds like several women will be involved, so probably elimination match or battle royal.

IP Logged

Jon stunner

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #880 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 7:05am

Congrats to Kairi! She had great match after amazing match in the tournament so I'm happy with the result.  Also did anyone else noticed how many times JR was talking about how this was the first Mae young classic? So does that mean it would happen again like next year?

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #881 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 3:31pm

Jon stunner wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 7:05am:
Congrats to Kairi! She had great match after amazing match in the tournament so I'm happy with the result.  Also did anyone else noticed how many times JR was talking about how this was the first Mae young classic? So does that mean it would happen again like next year?

Sure sounds that way!  The show dominated ratings on WWE Network (http://www.diva-dirt.com/138916/mae-young-classic-reportedly-big-hit-wwe-network...), with the first week's shows continuing to be watched in the second week.

The word WWE kept using was "inaugural," so they didn't commit itself to an annual schedule.  Still, you'd think that's the timing they'd use for the next one.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #882 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 4:15pm

kam16 wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 3:31pm:
Jon stunner wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 7:05am:

Sure sounds that way!  The show dominated ratings on WWE Network (http://www.diva-dirt.com/138916/mae-young-classic-reportedly-big-hit-wwe-network...), with the first week's shows continuing to be watched in the second week.

The word WWE kept using was "inaugural," so they didn't commit itself to an annual schedule.  Still, you'd think that's the timing they'd use for the next one.

Maybe, but it's not fitting their pattern. Last year they did the cruisers. This year it's the Brits and the women. So next year it makes sense that they'd try tag teams and maybe something either Asian or Latin based.

And a lot of these women impressed and will be signed. But still I don't think Vince wants more than 10 on each brand; that's a lot to book for considering they focus on the men. So there's no need to do another tournament for maybe two years.

P.S. -- But I could be wrong. Just now I heard that they're seriously considering another tournament for next year. They're very happy with the results of this one.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:42pm by spin »  

IP Logged

Top_Dogg

Female Muscle Rules...PERIOD!

Reply #883 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 4:45am

The tournament as a whole was awesome. Matches ranged from good to great to WOW. Ratings across the board were better than expectations. While I don't see it as an annual event, I definitely see future Mae Young Classics in the future.

Founder/Owner of FitGems Nation, Ultimate Hardbods, Diva Physique, and USA Fit Cheer
IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #884 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 5:17am

This doesn't come as a surprise, but HHH announced today that Shayna has been signed, as well as Kairi (whose signing we already knew of months ago).

Now, who else should they sign, bearing in mind that you have to do a cutoff somewhere and that some good prospects (like Rhea Ripley) are young and can be signed down the road?  Here's one man's opinion  (written before Shayna's signing).  How about yours?

https://411mania.com/wrestling/csonkas-wwe-mae-young-classic-finals-review-9-12-
17/

(I won't comment on all his picks because it could take a while. But I gotta say, I really liked Piper Niven too.  She surprised me with how good she was, and I'd love to see them find a place for her on the roster.)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74
Send Topic Print