Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 77
Send Topic Print
WWE Women X (Read 134864 times)
spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Re: WWE Women X
Reply #945 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:35pm

Starrcade is a House Show, not a PPV. No plans even to make this a network special.

Charlotte takes the title tonight.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #946 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 2:52am

spin wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:35pm:
Starrcade is a House Show, not a PPV. No plans even to make this a network special.

Ok, so maybe not. 🤔
They hardly ever do DQís at PPVís.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #947 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 3:06am

spin wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 2:52am:
spin wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:35pm:

Ok, so maybe not. 🤔
They hardly ever do DQís at PPVís.

And a bit of a surprise the way the match played out, with Natalya carrying the bulk of it before the DQ and hurting Charlotte's knee badly. Looked like they were setting the "Charlotte wins/ Carmella cashes in on wounded champ" scenario. Not tonight.

I'm glad the way it worked out. The broadcast did a far better job telling the story of their rivalry and reasons for mutual resentment, as well as other themes (e.g., is Charlotte focused coming off the book tour?) than the pittance done in the weeks leading up to it. Now they can build the rematch. Meanwhile, they've strengthened the only ring-capable heel Smackdown has: Nattie won't come off like such a transitional champ when Charlotte does win the belt. And even the way she got the DQ tonight didn't feel like a cowardly heel champ (she wasn't desperate or reeling that badly and could have gotten the DQ just by letting the count out outside the ring continue), but instead an angry, vicious one. That'll set her apart from Carmella, who will be the cowardly heel champ.

Congrats to Nattie, BTW, for breaking Trish Stratus' record tonight for most PPV matches by a woman. This was her 40th. Some day she'll be in the Hall of Fame for all the years of work. Just think how many matches she's held together.

P.S. Just saw the tweet of the night:

WWE Creative Humor‏ @WWECreative_ish ∑ 4m4 minutes ago 

Our strategy appears to be if we can't get @JinderMahal over then we'll just drag everyone down to his level #HIAC

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #948 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 12:03am

kam16 wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 3:06am:
Congrats to Nattie, BTW, for breaking Trish Stratus' record tonight for most PPV matches by a woman. This was her 40th. Some day she'll be in the Hall of Fame for all the years of work. Just think how many matches she's held together.

P.S. Just saw the tweet of the night:

WWE Creative Humor‏ @WWECreative_ish ∑ 4m4 minutes ago†

Our strategy appears to be if we can't get @JinderMahal over then we'll just drag everyone down to his level #HIAC

And props goes to Nakamura for figuring this all out. He quickly understood that WWE isnít about ability and wrestling, itís about personality, look and marketing. So Nak has significantly scaled down his workrate from what it was in Japan, and is giving us the music and dancing and charisma instead, while still having passable matches. What heís basically getting is a multi-million dollar 3 or 4 year paid vacation to tour all parts of the U.S. Not many foreigners can get this. Then at the end of his stay he goes back to Japan for his retirement tour and has one more blowaway match with Tanahashi or Okada and reestablishes his greatness. Just brilliant planning.

Oh, just checked Nattieís PPV win-loss record. Numbers donít quite add up, but itís 17-26-1. Congratulations, Nattie, on being slightly better than the NY Mets this year.  Wink

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Maestro Of The Dawg Pound

Reply #949 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 11:06am

spin wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 12:03am:
Oh, just checked Nattieís PPV win-loss record. Numbers donít quite add up, but itís 17-26-1. Congratulations, Nattie, on being slightly better than the NY Mets this year.† Wink

As a long suffering Mets fan who grew up when the Mets had a Class A team right in my backyard in Lynchburg, VA, during the time the likes of Strawberry, Gooden, and Dykstra were all being called up, I say: THANKS A LOT FOR REMINDING ME THAT WE S*CK!† †Roll Eyes

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #950 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:54pm

MaestroDawg65 wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 11:06am:
Oh, just checked Nattieís PPV win-loss record. Numbers donít quite add up, but itís 17-26-1. Congratulations, Nattie, on being slightly better than the NY Mets this year.† Wink

As a long suffering Mets fan who grew up when the Mets had a Class A team right in my backyard in Lynchburg, VA, during the time the likes of Strawberry, Gooden, and Dykstra were all being called up, I say: THANKS A LOT FOR REMINDING ME THAT WE S*CK!† †Roll Eyes

Hey itís not so bad; at least theyíre not the NY Giants.   Roll Eyes.

Both their plans backfired, much like Michael Cole not knowing that last nights 5 way was an elimination match.

By the way they wonít let this Emma-Asuka match be anywhere near as great as the one they had at Takeover; itís gonna be a squash.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #951 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:34pm

spin wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:54pm:
MaestroDawg65 wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 11:06am:

By the way they wonít let this Emma-Asuka match be anywhere near as great as the one they had at Takeover; itís gonna be a squash.

Unfortunately.

Asuka should be coming in as a bad ass heel. She never lost at NXT and she should debut as this cocky unbeaten and none of these women belong in the ring with her. I don't think the fans really want to or care to want to see Asuka run rampant through everybody like she did at NXT. I'm sure her "streak" won't last ridiculously long on the main roster but I could see her going into WM champion and undefeated and there, who ever is deemed the lucky one will get to break that streak. My odds on favorite is still for Mickie to be that one but I would not be surprised in the least if it is Nikki Bella.† Undecided

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #952 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:05pm

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:34pm:
Unfortunately.

Asuka should be coming in as a bad ass heel. She never lost at NXT and she should debut as this cocky unbeaten and none of these women belong in the ring with her. I don't think the fans really want to or care to want to see Asuka run rampant through everybody like she did at NXT. I'm sure her "streak" won't last ridiculously long on the main roster but I could see her going into WM champion and undefeated and there, who ever is deemed the lucky one will get to break that streak. My odds on favorite is still for Mickie to be that one but I would not be surprised in the least if it is Nikki Bella.† Undecided

Yes. Problem is, nobodyís gonna boo Asuka. Sheís just obviously so much better than everyone else. Itís the same problem they had with her at NXT.

And if itís Nikki, the only way thatís credible is if Nikkiís the heel, Brie is in her corner and they do twin magic.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #953 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 1:18am

spin wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:05pm:
Unfortunately.

Yes. Problem is, nobodyís gonna boo Asuka. Sheís just obviously so much better than everyone else. Itís the same problem they had with her at NXT.

And if itís Nikki, the only way thatís credible is if Nikkiís the heel, Brie is in her corner and they do twin magic.

Since when did "credible" ever matter in the WWE ?

Oh, and how do you get the fans to boo Asuka ? Make everybody sick of her. Just like with Cena for example (though that was unintentional by the company but that is what happened)

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #954 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 3:16am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 1:18am:
Unfortunately.

Oh, and how do you get the fans to boo Asuka ? Make everybody sick of her. Just like with Cena for example (though that was unintentional by the company but that is what happened)

That worked with Cena because they made him Super Cena before he really understood how to wrestle. In the fans eyes, he was the undeserving top guy.

No way can they make Asuka look undeserving. They could have heeled her by having her ďseriously injureĒ Bayley. But losing cleanly to people like Alexa and Alicia has taken way too much of the shine out of her. And no one else is likable enough.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #955 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 4:20am

spin wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 3:16am:
Will_the_Thrill wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 1:18am:
Unfortunately.

That worked with Cena because they made him Super Cena before he really understood how to wrestle. In the fans eyes, he was the undeserving top guy.

No way can they make Asuka look undeserving. They could have heeled her by having her ďseriously injureĒ Bayley. But losing cleanly to people like Alexa and Alicia has taken way too much of the shine out of her. And no one else is likable enough.

OK, not recalling Bayley ever losing to Alicia at all. Sasha, yes, and cleanly and to Alexa as well.

Well, the one woman on the roster that has still pretty much steadily maintained her popularity is Becky, but that's on the other brand. I'm not sure how the majority of fans are with Paige's potential return but if she can draw the same popularity she did have Asuka could go after her.  Then, if we REALLY wanted to reach for something, any AJ Lee return would be off the charts big with the fans and no would they ever go for Asuka over AJ.

But back to Asuka, if she is continually put over and over without any of the women on the roster giving her a run, the fans will tire of it and want to see something different. That's human nature and you can apply that to almost any sport. New England in football. Most people that detest that do detest them it's because they always win. Alabama in college football. The Yankees in baseball. Asuka being turned heel on the main roster as opposed to NXT would be much easier since the WWE brand is so much more exposed and available to fans. NXT is still rather tiny and contained in comparison.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #956 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 5:28am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 4:20am:
OK, not recalling Bayley ever losing to Alicia at all.

Not one-on-one, but last night, in the elimination match. It happened so fast that it's easy to forget!† (Same thing could be said of the whole match.)

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #957 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:39am

kam16 wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 5:28am:
Will_the_Thrill wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 4:20am:
OK, not recalling Bayley ever losing to Alicia at all.

Not one-on-one, but last night, in the elimination match. It happened so fast that it's easy to forget!† (Same thing could be said of the whole match.)

Yeah, I missed that, but as you said not a 1 on 1 match. I tend not to include multi tag match losses like that one since so many variables are involved and it's usually a cluster you know what. I guess that was Alicia's bi-annual bonus of getting a clean pin on a top face.† Roll Eyes The last time Alicia scored a clean pin was on Sasha whom about a month later then won the title from Alexa. Albeit she only held it 24 hours ( or was it a week, I forget ? )and dropped it right back to Alexa, but it will be interesting if history sort of repeats itself with Bayley this time.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #958 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 5:43am

Per Squared Circle Sirens, and confirmed by Wrestling Observer, Madison Rayne aka Ashley Lonberger got a WWE tryout this week at the Performance Center. Interesting as her husband Josh Matthews continues to work for Impact Wrestling, but was once both a wrestler and announcer for WWE.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/former-tna-knockout-receives-wwe-tryout-2/

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #959 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 4:34pm

Throw out the fact Josh works for Impact Wrestling for the moment, if her evaluation at the Performance Center goes well, do you think they'll sign her?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 77
Send Topic Print