Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Website Questions (Read 12 times)
Kevin S.

Muscle enhances the beauty
of a woman.

Florida
Website Questions
Dec 21st, 2016 at 7:30pm

Would it be feasible to include the date of the video shoot or at least the month, so members would know whether the video shoot was recent or a year ago?

Is it reasonable to post a video clip within three months of the video shoot?  It's always nice to see a video clip of the model that shows her recent conditioning.

Have you considered posting longer video clips of the models and eliminating the short video clips?  It seems to me that having a lot of short video clips to think up titles for would add to the post time.  Also, are there still members that aren't willing or able to download a larger video file?

IP Logged

Sean
YaBB Administrator

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Las Vegas
Re: Website Questions
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 9:05pm

We have been gearing towards longer clips for the past few months and going forward. Thank you for your feedback.

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 10:37pm

on the new site, the length of videos won't matter that much as you'll be able to stream everything like on youtube for easier play/consumption

you can look at the file name of any video and see the year and the show (13_ECup, for example is from the 2013 Emerald Cup)...most shows stay consistent the same time of year

hoping to catch up on our backlog by the launch of the new site and will hopefully be able to keep our lag time on posting shorter...but mostly we've been 6-18 months time frame from shoot time to posting over the recent past

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

Kurtis Trent

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 6:33am

Kevin S. wrote on Dec 21st, 2016 at 7:30pm:
Would it be feasible to include the date of the video shoot or at least the month, so members would know whether the video shoot was recent or a year ago?

Is it reasonable to post a video clip within three months of the video shoot?  It's always nice to see a video clip of the model that shows her recent conditioning.

Have you considered posting longer video clips of the models and eliminating the short video clips?  It seems to me that having a lot of short video clips to think up titles for would add to the post time.  Also, are there still members that aren't willing or able to download a larger video file?

I am asking same questions for last 5 years!! And it seems there is no solution Cool I hope that next year whith the new website this problems will be fixed, somehow...I want whne there is some new girl, first of the videos to be her interview, measurements, AW, feats of strenght...the most interesting...but instead shooting AW video with Kristina Dybdahl is posted more than a year after that Embarrassed Undecided

IP Logged

6789shav
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 2:09pm

"Have you considered..........eliminating the short video clips?"   Please do NOT eliminate the shorter clips. The average length of my 15-20 downloaded clips, from several sites, is 2 minutes or less. Since the available time for my visits to Her Biceps is usually short due to personal schedule, I actually prefer the photo galleries which give me a good view of a model without having to sit through long clips. 

"Are there still members that aren't willing or able to download a larger video file?"   Answer is an emphatic YES. In my case, the system is fine; the preference is not. I keep my downloads to a minimum. I prefer to view clips and photos on the site as I don't want to spend precious time sorting and maintaining a downloaded library.

The length of time between a photo/clip shoot and material being posted is non-relevant for me. It's all good; and there is a monster-sized back catalog to keep people entertained while waiting for a specific model to appear on the site.

IP Logged

Kevin S.

Muscle enhances the beauty
of a woman.

Florida
Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 4:46pm

@Sean - Great news about the longer clips.

@Mike - Being able to stream videos on the new site will be a nice option to view a video clip before deciding whether or not I want to add it to my download library.

Having the file name contain the year and show of a video clip is helpful and appreciated.  My only concern is I don't easily know when a bodybuilding show is and I would need to look it up to know the month of each particular show.  The gym shoots are not always linked to a show, e.g. The file name of Cass Martin's video clips don't include a show.  Cass doesn't compete yet, but it would be nice to know when the video clips were shot.

@Kurtis Trent - Interviews are a great start, I especially like the muscle talk video clips of the women talking about their physique.  My favorite is seeing the women transform their physique and comparing the video clips as the progress over time.  E.g  Erica Blockman's transformation from a figure girl in 2012 to a IFBB Pro Physique competitor is one of my favorite transformations that HerBiceps has featured.

@6789shav - It sounds like the new site will cater towards both our liking, you can stream video clips and I can continue to download video clips to add to my download library.

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #6 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 8:53pm

on the new site, not only will you be able to insta-play any video, but you'll be able to favorite the video and create your own playlists...and leave feedback on clips if you're a paying member

also favorite specific pictures and organize your own galleries...all that kind of thing

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

jumponit

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #7 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 3:56am

6789shav wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 2:09pm:
"Have you considered..........eliminating the short video clips?"   Please do NOT eliminate the shorter clips. The average length of my 15-20 downloaded clips, from several sites, is 2 minutes or less. Since the available time for my visits to Her Biceps is usually short due to personal schedule, I actually prefer the photo galleries which give me a good view of a model without having to sit through long clips. 

Please don't listen to this guy because he speaks for a super-small percentage of your members.

More content. Longer videos. More hot models. This is what the people want, if I may be so bold.

IP Logged

6789shav
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #8 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 5:12pm

jumponit: I speak for myself. I've been a paying site member since about 2002 or 03. As Kevin S. put it, there will be something for everyone on the new site. And where did I say anything at all about not wanting more content or more hot models? How do you know what the paying members want? Your attempt at censorship, and putting words into my mouth, is rather ineffective.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print