Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ask Amy - Jan 2 (Read 241 times)
lterp

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Boston
Ask Amy - Jan 2
Jan 5th, 2017 at 6:02pm

My wife sent this advice column to me and asked if I'm the one who sent in the letter. She was joking, of course. I'd never ask her to stop such behavior.   Wink

Dear Amy: Iím an average guy, fitness-wise. My girlfriend, always naturally sporty, has been at the gym for a year. Our fitness paths collided when I was enjoying a coffee with her and her training partner at home.

On prompting by her trainer, my girlfriend flexed and her biceps popped up so high my eyes bulged. Her partner then prodded me to flex. I didnít want to, as I knew my muscle wasnít as developed. The partner felt both our flexed arms and declared mine softer. She then pushed us to arm wrestle.

I am 3 inches taller than she and I am a man, so I thought I should win. Anyway, after two times on the right and once on the left, I ended up with the back of my hand securely pinned down to the table ó to their extreme delight. I feel extremely embarrassed.

This has changed the dynamics in our relationship. She will now teasingly flex when she wants something. And she enjoys challenging me in public. I have now been defeated in arm wrestling in front of her parents and a group of her girlfriends. Itís hard to adjust.

Outmuscled

Amy's Response: If the tables were truly turned and you (the male) challenged, beat and then repeatedly taunted your female partner through implied threats, I would advise her to leave the relationship.

In addition to being taunted by someone who is physically stronger than you are, your girlfriend is demanding that you submit to public challenges. I assume that if you refuse her public challenges, you will be almost as humiliated as if you lose to her.

You should ask her what she is getting from flexing, taunting, challenging and beating you. If she says she thinks this is funny, tell her honestly that it is embarrassing and humiliating. Tell her that you would never do this to her, and then ask her to stop.

Link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/ask-amy-live-in-relationship-is-g...

IP Logged

Soc

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Ask Amy - Jan 2
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 3:43am

One man's hell is another man's heaven.

https://www.facebook.com/dean.taylor.5492  
IP Logged

Peak_Freak
God Member

Embracing The Evolution
Of Women

Re: Ask Amy - Jan 2
Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2017 at 10:28pm

Soc wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 3:43am:
One man's hell is another man's heaven.

...Absolutely Soc. I'd love to experience what this guy is...and he's whining Angry Angry Angry I was married to a muscular and very strong woman years ago and although I was stronger than she was, she could beat most of my friends in arm wrestling. She built up her strength and muscles in her male dominated job. I think the teasing and resentment she got from her male co-workers caused her to take great delight in not only being stronger than a lot of men but flaunting that very fact whenever she could!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print