Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is there any material that is as light and strong? (Read 985 times)
kingpanels
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Is there any material that is as light and strong?
May 3rd, 2017 at 6:42am

I have worked with carbon, but the cost is killing me. I am looking for cost-effective materials similar to working as carbon fiber (lightweight, powerful etc.) without giving heavy blow to my wallet. Does anyone know such materials and where can they get it? I heard that the Aluminum Panel is good, but also cheap, kingaluc.com/aluminum-plate-panels-manufacturer.html , is it true?

IP Logged

Starbuck2016
YaBB Moderator

California
Re: Is there any material that is as light and strong?
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2017 at 9:08pm

kingpanels wrote on May 3rd, 2017 at 6:42am:
I have worked with carbon, but the cost is killing me. I am looking for cost-effective materials similar to working as carbon fiber (lightweight, powerful etc.) without giving heavy blow to my wallet. Does anyone know such materials and where can they get it? I heard that the Aluminum Panel is good, but also cheap, kingaluc.com/aluminum-plate-panels-manufacturer.html , is it true?

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

6789shav
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2 - May 8th, 2017 at 6:58pm

My thought exactly Starbuck. I think the poor fellow is either on the wrong web site or is absfan in disguise.   Cool

If the poster lives in USA, why wouldn't he just go to Lowe's or Home Depot to find what he wants?

IP Logged

Starbuck2016
YaBB Moderator

California
Reply #3 - May 10th, 2017 at 7:38pm

6789shav wrote on May 8th, 2017 at 6:58pm:
If the poster lives in USA, why wouldn't he just go to Lowe's or Home Depot to find what he wants?

Because what he wants is to advertise his website. Look at his name and look at the URL in his post. This is spam but I thought it amusing so I left it up.
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2017 at 7:06pm by Starbuck2016 »  

IP Logged

6789shav
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2017 at 3:39pm

Yeah, I see it now. And it is amusing to see an ad for building materials on a female muscle web site.  Grin

IP Logged

absfan36
God Member

Be Free, love all

Reply #5 - May 22nd, 2017 at 4:39am

LOL! nope not me. Definitely a hired solicitor.

absfan36 absfan36  
IP Logged

Diana Welch
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

New Jersey
Reply #6 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 6:26am

Graphene

In 2004, researchers at the University of Manchester isolated graphene, a material made of a single layer of carbon atoms that's one million times thinner than a piece of paper. Graphene is so thin, it's actually two-dimensional. But it's stronger than steel and super flexible. It's also transparent and can move electricity 200 times faster than silicon. Graphene could produce electronics that bend and move like paper, which would be incredibly useful for wearables.

IP Logged

Starbuck2016
YaBB Moderator

California
Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 7:07pm

Diana Welch wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 6:26am:
Graphene

In 2004, researchers at the University of Manchester isolated graphene, a material made of a single layer of carbon atoms that's one million times thinner than a piece of paper. Graphene is so thin, it's actually two-dimensional. But it's stronger than steel and super flexible. It's also transparent and can move electricity 200 times faster than silicon. Graphene could produce electronics that bend and move like paper, which would be incredibly useful for wearables.

Do tell. What the heck are wearables?

IP Logged

spin
YaBB Moderator

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #8 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 4:42am

Starbuck2016 wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 7:07pm:
Diana Welch wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 6:26am:
Graphene

Do tell. What the heck are wearables?

Wonder Woman costumes?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print