Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
GFW Women II (Formerly TNA) (Read 12533 times)
Top_Dogg

Female Muscle Rules...PERIOD!

Re: GFW Women II (Formerly TNA)
Reply #45 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 6:13am

Except this seems to suit Taryn WAAAAYY more than it did Emma, and it's not even close.

Founder/Owner of FitGems Nation, Ultimate Hardbods, Diva Physique, and USA Fit Cheer
IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #46 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 5:25am

Rosemary cleared to wrestle: She tweets:

"Today is a good day, Hivelings.. the doctor is pleased with the range of motion and strength/resistance for our bicep/tricep... We have been cleared to return to the ring.. meaning neither injury nor hurricane could keep us from raising Hell @RISEdtwa this weekend.

Impact still has a few weeks left of taped material, so there should be no interruption in her appearances.  Looks like they may be setting up a Taya feud.

Meanwhile, here's Laurel Van Ness in non-Broken Bride role, to which she'll quickly be returning after being jilted by Grado over her Canadian citizenship.  (I can't type a sentence like that without saying: Come on, guys.  How is she not the face if she seeks vengeance against this guy -- albeit the makeup-smeared kind of face? The Broken Bride is a Hound of Justice!)  Roll Eyes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJkc5yPW0AApiBU.jpg

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #47 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 9:48pm

In a shift from the lucha style she employs (naturally enough) in Lucha Underground, Taya looks like she'll be more of a power wrestler in GFW.  Her finisher is an inverted chicken wing facebuster reminiscent of the Glam Slam, though she doesn't get her arms straight like Beth Phoenix did.

Here's her style in her first GFW match, a quick squash against Amber Nova:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXFkgJOTbqA

And here's the same move on someone bigger than Amber, Rosemary, at 1:46:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JksmRXCR89M

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #48 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 3:32am

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #49 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 11:38pm

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #50 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 12:49am

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #51 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 3:49am

Not from Impact, but Taya is now, so ...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL4Q0_cUEAAJeBh.jpg

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #52 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 4:57am

For the past year or so, KO matches have regressed to the treatment WWE used to give women -- three or four minutes allowed, no storytelling.  This week, however, Rosemary and Taya Valkyrie get the main event.  Rosemary has had a few other main events with Jade/Mia Yim and, more recently, Sienna: All were good contests with good heat. Hopefully this one will be too.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #53 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 3:15am

kam16 wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 4:57am:
For the past year or so, KO matches have regressed to the treatment WWE used to give women -- three or four minutes allowed, no storytelling.  This week, however, Rosemary and Taya Valkyrie get the main event.  Rosemary has had a few other main events with Jade/Mia Yim and, more recently, Sienna: All were good contests with good heat. Hopefully this one will be too.

Well, it wasn’t good, but it wasn’t that bad either. It was kind of a brawl that Taya took too much of, being that she won the match. But it was all to set up the heat for BFG, when Rosemary caught her with the red mist after the match. So now they’ve both misted each other, maybe they’ve saved their good stuff for the next match.

There was bad news from Impact. They took Taryn out of the BFG women’s title match. Their storyline reason is that the doctors won’t clear her after the slap that Gail gave her last week. That might be the weakest excuse ever. Either she can’t get clearance for Canada, or she’s left the company again. We’ll see.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #54 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 3:55am

Taryn tweeted this on Tuesday...

"Due to personal issues, I will not be attending the Legends of the Ring appearance. To the fans, I apologize."

So I'm guessing there is something else up with her that's keeping her off Impact.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #55 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 5:28am

spin wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 3:15am:
kam16 wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 4:57am:

Well, it wasn’t good, but it wasn’t that bad either. It was kind of a brawl that Taya took too much of, being that she won the match. But it was all to set up the heat for BFG, when Rosemary caught her with the red mist after the match. So now they’ve both misted each other, maybe they’ve saved their good stuff for the next match.

There was bad news from Impact. They took Taryn out of the BFG women’s title match. Their storyline reason is that the doctors won’t clear her after the slap that Gail gave her last week. That might be the weakest excuse ever. Either she can’t get clearance for Canada, or she’s left the company again. We’ll see.

Yeah, that match was oddly done, considering the outcome.  They set it up like Rosemary was getting her big comeback with her rise-from-the-dead flexibility spot and Taya recoiling in shock.  Then 30 seconds later it's over, without Rosemary getting in a single offensive move: Immediate attempt at Red Wedding, Taya counters into a two-move combo (suplex/floatover into double-stomp -- nicely done, to be sure), and it's over.  If this had been live and time-limited, I'd think someone suddenly told them "30 seconds!"  But it's taped. Trim a minute off a Grado promo, willya.

No problem with Taya winning: They're building her as the next big unstoppable force, and heiress apparent to the belt after Gail wins her final title.  But to keep Rosemary strong, they should (though I'm not confident they will) have the Demon Assassin win at BFG, and since it's a first-blood match, they could do it while still leaving Taya unpinned and unsubmitted.

Really too bad about Taryn.  Girl's got charisma, and this throws off the whole dynamic of the match: No one they could substitute has her personal history with Gail.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Voice of
Reason

Reply #56 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 5:37am

kam16 wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 5:28am:
Really too bad about Taryn.  Girl's got charisma, and this throws off the whole dynamic of the match: No one they could substitute has her personal history with Gail.

There’s Kong, but she’s just hurting too bad.

Hope Taryn returns; Allie’s not enough to hold my interest for this company.

IP Logged

Top_Dogg

Female Muscle Rules...PERIOD!

Reply #57 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 11:41pm

Announced today, Taryn is no longer with the company.

From their Twitter account:

Update: @IAmTarynTerrell & #IMPACT are mutually parting ways. Taryn would like to pursue other career options and she has our full support. We wish Taryn well in whatever she does next.

Well, that was short-lived.

Founder/Owner of FitGems Nation, Ultimate Hardbods, Diva Physique, and USA Fit Cheer
IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #58 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 12:41am

Top_Dogg wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 11:41pm:

Update: @IAmTarynTerrell & #IMPACT are mutually parting ways. Taryn would like to pursue other career options and she has our full support. We wish Taryn well in whatever she does next.

Rats.  Ya know there has to be more to the story that that: Was there anything so urgent that she couldn't go one last go-round with Gail, for whom BFG might be -- reports vary -- not just her last title shot, but her last match?

It could be trouble with management, which runs people in and out at warp speed (one of several reasons that it's so hard to invest in any characters). But noting that cancellation from the Legends event, it feels like something on Taryn's end.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #59 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 5:38am

kam16 wrote on Oct 21st, 2017 at 12:41am:
Top_Dogg wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 11:41pm:

Rats.  Ya know there has to be more to the story that that: Was there anything so urgent that she couldn't go one last go-round with Gail, for whom BFG might be -- reports vary -- not just her last title shot, but her last match?

It could be trouble with management, which runs people in and out at warp speed (one of several reasons that it's so hard to invest in any characters). But noting that cancellation from the Legends event, it feels like something on Taryn's end.

Getting the feeling that Taryn is just a hot mess. She quits wrestling, becomes born again, has a baby, no more sexy stuff, disappears from social media, then a yr later re-appears, back to training hard, posting hot pics again, rejoins GFW, looks like she's going to get a big push, then :::: POOF :::: Gone again...mysteriously.
If that doesn't sound like somebody that has a lot of drama in her life. Hopefully she gets her act together whatever her issue or issues are. If she truly left GWF to "pursue other career options", then it could be something as simple as Taryn getting a role offer she couldn't refuse for a movie or whatever. Hopefully that is it and not something detrimental to her.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print