Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Training with Pets (Read 252 times)
Diana Welch
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

New Jersey
Training with Pets
Aug 28th, 2017 at 11:39am

Hi guys! have you done training with your pets? There is a research that if you train with your pets, your motivation will be a higher level. Right now I'm always running with my dog. Before I can only make 4-5 miles a day but now I'm going to 6-7 miles a day. Maybe my endurance improved but I can say for sure that running with a dog makes you more competitive especially it's fun. Wink I just have a little problem when I jog with my dog sometimes he goes out of the way. I'm thinking to buy a dog leash to keep him on the track. What do you think?
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2017 at 2:27am by Diana Welch »  

IP Logged

Kinky Desires
YaBB Newbies

UK
Re: Training with Pets
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 6:05pm

Not personally as the only pets I have are pond fish lol but I remember this trending on Instagram a few months back: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/squatyourdog/

IP Logged

Starbuck2016
YaBB Moderator

California
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 6:37pm

Diana Welch wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 11:39am:
Hi guys! have you done training with your pets? There is a research that if you train with your pets, your motivation will be a higher level. Right now I'm always running with my dog. Before I can only make 4-5 miles a day but now I'm going to 6-7 miles a day. Maybe my endurance improved but I can say for sure that running with a dog makes you more competitive especially it's fun. Wink I just have a little problem when I jog with my dog sometimes he goes out of the way. I'm thinking to buy a dog leash to keep him on the track. What do you think?

I think it's a good idea especially since you're female to have a dog beside you. If the dog's never been leashed before he may not like it at first and he'll move every which way like he would if he were unleashed but once you start running he'll follow along with you since most dogs love to run.

Kinky Desires wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 6:05pm:
Not personally as the only pets I have are pond fish lol but I remember this trending on Instagram a few months back: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/squatyourdog/

I took a look at the instagram video of the girl doing squats with a golden retriever. The dog didn't seem to mind as much as one of the commenters complained or would have growled and squirmed but I don't think he liked it very much either. He just wanted her to be happy.
If you're not very smart then dogs are the perfect companion!

IP Logged

Diana Welch
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

New Jersey
Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 4:36am

As I was searching online I saw this dog leash which I think will help me control my dog to be on the right track when jogging.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print