Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cam Feed Troubleshooting/Solution info (Read 856 times)
Tre
God Member

Sacramento, CA
Cam Feed Troubleshooting/Solution info
Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:34pm

Most often not being able to see videos is a flash issue.

Step 1 is to take is to clear your cache: type ctrl + f5. That probably will not resolve the issue but it's an easy step to try.

Step 2 is to attempt using another browser. Chrome is the 2nd best choice for most users and an optimized version of Firefox called Pale Moon is the best choice. Here are instructions to download the specific version that works best with the site:

Solution: consider installing Pale Moon browser (it's a fork of Mozilla Firefox but it's faster and more lightweight’ most Firefox plugins work on Pale Moon as well). You should install proper version of Pale Moon for your operating system. Most important is to install one of Pale Moon versions listed below, not the most recent as there are issues with flash player in more recent versions Please refer to the links below.

How to detemine whether your computer is running a 32- or 64-bit version of Windows:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/827218/how-to-determine-whether-a-compu
ter-is-running-a-32-bit-version-or-64

For Windows x64 (64-bit), install this:
ftp://archive:get@ftp2.palemoon.org/Pale_Moon/27.x/27.3.0/palemoon-27.3.0.win64....

For Windows x86 (32-bit), install this:
ftp://archive:get@ftp2.palemoon.org/Pale_Moon/27.x/27.3.0/palemoon-27.3.0.win32....

For MAC OS X, install this:
http://mac.palemoon.org/dist/palemoon-27.3.0.mac64.dmg
For Android device, install this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.palemoon.android

After installation is completed, please disable automatic updates. Otherwise Pale Moon will eventually install consecutive version (27.4), which causes issues in Flash applications (such as our broadcaster). To disable updates, open Pale Moon, press ALT button on the keyboard (navigation menu should reveal at the top of the browser bar), select Tools → Advanced → Update, and check „Never check for updates (not recommended)”.

Alternate Step 2: Make sure Flash is updated on your machine/for the browser you're using on the site.

I hope one of these fixes resolves the trouble you're having with the site. If not please write us back with a little more information: PC/Mac/Android/Iphone, operating system version, browser and which anti-virus software you're running and we'll work on a more focused troubleshoot for you.

Thanks for supporting HerBicepsCam.com!

FemFlex.com - It's all about the muscle.
IP Logged

crazedvole
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Re: Cam Feed Troubleshooting/Solution info
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 3:04am

I heard Firefox 56 does not support flash at all anymore. That may be part of it.
Aside from moving to a new browser is there anything we can do?? Get the website to default to HTML 5 maybe? I think I heard that HTML 5 does not use Flash Will the webcam run in HTML 5

Also I think I heard Flash is going to be gone altogether in a few years. is anyone working on how to do the webcam without flash?  Huh

IP Logged

spy

-

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 11:16pm

Even a better way of troubleshooting:

DON'T USE Herbicepscam.

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:06pm

It is true that several of the browsers are beginning to turn off automatic support for Flash, requiring users to go into browser settings and re-enable the software. Despite these moves, Flash is still the de facto standard for live video because the software/protocols replacing it are not fully supported by all major browsers. HBC is currently straddling this transition. We have Flash support for all users but have also enabled WEBRTC for one of our servers and are testing a beta group of models on that protocol for video broadcasting instead of Flash (the test has been going for about 6 weeks). Eventually we expect to broadcast exclusively in webrtc but the devil is in the details because the protocol is not supported on all major browsers yet and, in many cases, old versions of browsers (Chrome before version 60 example) don't support the protocol (despite versions of Chrome 60+ providing the best possible cam experience in our testing).

The practical result from our development perspective is that we have to take a piecemeal approach and adjust our code to adapt to all user cases ---> ie, a customer on Win10 using Chrome version 61 will almost always have a great experience on the site whereas a customer running windows Vista on chrome 49 is more likely to experience cam feed issues ---> we are spending a lot of time and resources to make sure the site adapts more proactively to user configurations by allowing upstreaming and downstreaming of feeds to flow automatically between webrtc and flash depending on end user configuration.

The long view here is that we are sensitive to the industry shift away from Flash and we have already begun planning for it, however Flash will still be here for a while and in order to accommodate customers on 10 year old machines and brand new machines and updated Chrome vs Netscape circa 1996 we will keep working to improve the flexibility of our code. Know that in the meantime, when you visit the site, you may very well already be using webrtc when you visit some models on an updated version of Chrome or Safari!

Thanks for supporting HerBicepsCam.com!

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

loozer78
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 2:22am

For those on Chrome try updating Flash and after it installs:

Go to Herbicepscam.com.
To the left of the web address, click Lock or i icon.
To the right of 'Flash', click the Arrows.
Choose Always allow on this site.
Reload the page.

That should solve your problem.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print