Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Movies with armwrestling action? (Read 36727 times)
wgonzo64
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Movies with armwrestling action?
Reply #30 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 5:58pm

yes  that was mandy blank  and she even flexed

IP Logged

spin
YaBB Moderator

The Internet Duke of Reason

Reply #31 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 6:00pm

And a very funny bit in the movie Hardbodies -- about the only funny thing in that flick.

IP Logged

Armwrestlingfan
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #32 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 6:48pm

nope gonzo, that's not what I was talking about. everybody knows about mandy blank's flex - but there was also a scene where the girl and the younger guy from the office armwrestle

IP Logged

spin
YaBB Moderator

Reply #33 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 7:08pm

Armwrestlingfan wrote on Jun 20th, 2010 at 6:48pm:
but there was also a scene where the girl and the younger guy from the office armwrestle

Now I remember, that was Jennifer Esposito and the office nerd - - Jennifer was yawning while holding the guy's arm at bay.

IP Logged

spin
YaBB Moderator

Reply #34 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 1:18am

The Mandy Blank Spin City clip:

IP Logged

wingfan00
God Member

MI
Reply #35 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 1:56am

I remembered an old Starsky and Hutch episode where a ballerina was pretty strong she armwrestled with Hutch I found the scene.
After watching the whole episode she armwrestled Starsky too.

Scene with Hutch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkWz1x9lrUQ&feature=related

Scene with Starsky.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UYzaKvAYe0&feature=related

“Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
but that they know so much that isn’t so.” – Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #36 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 3:18am

Ok now I won't look like an old fart by myself since wingfan brought up an older show.  Tongue

There was a "Love Boat" episode, where real life husband and wife, Christopher George and Linda Day George arm wrestled. They played competing sportscasters, Christopher was a male chauvinist and Linda Day was the girl tomboy trying to prove herself.
They had a best two out of three "Superstars" type challenge and arm wrestling was contest he picked.
Don't have the video handy though.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #37 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 3:27am

Not exactly a classic scene but Chyna (when she actually looked good and seemed sane) arm wrestling Kristen Johnson on "3rd rock from the Sun". Starts at the 3:08 mark on this clip.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

spin
YaBB Moderator

Reply #38 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 3:29am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Jun 21st, 2010 at 3:18am:
There was a "Love Boat" episode, where real life husband and wife, Christopher George and Linda Day George arm wrestled.

I don't even think VCR's were available when this aired!

I remember this (naturally Wink). He struggled but won the armwrestle, then she beat him in a mile run. Then they had the weightlifting challenge and of course, he threw out his back! So she won.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #39 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 3:54am

spin wrote on Jun 21st, 2010 at 3:29am:
Will_the_Thrill wrote on Jun 21st, 2010 at 3:18am:
There was a "Love Boat" episode, where real life husband and wife, Christopher George and Linda Day George arm wrestled.

I don't even think VCR's were available when this aired!

I remember this (naturally Wink). He struggled but won the armwrestle, then she beat him in a mile run. Then they had the weightlifting challenge and of course, he threw out his back! So she won.

Unfortunately in that episode, I think Lynda Day only briefly bared her arms and for her day she was pretty athletic as far as actresses go and had a nicely toned body that would match up well with many of today's fit actresses.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #40 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 4:50am

Another one from the "almost too embarrassed to admit that I remember" category.  Embarrassed

From "Alice" there was an episode where Vera arm wrestled Flo for some sort of concert tickets. The meek, skinny as a toothpick Vera beat the tough talking, sassy Flo.

IP Logged

spin
YaBB Moderator

Reply #41 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 4:59am

Also, Mrs. C beat her hubby in a Happy Days episode.

And Joe Willie Namath starred in a show where a girl wanted to play on a boy's basketball team that she coached. One of the ways she showed she belonged was by beating one of the kids at armwrestling.

And no one should forget the great Noxzema girl Gunilla Knuttson, who beat Johnny Carson and drew with Mike Douglas armwrestling. And that's why one of those guys was a master at comedy.  Wink

But then Carson later armwrestled Elke Sommer and wouldn't let her win. Guess he didn't want to lose to a big star.  Undecided

One more - - Dick Cavett armwrestled Gail Dearie, a pretty pioneer female football player, and lost easily.

IP Logged

jake789

Florida
Reply #42 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 12:19pm

spin wrote on Jun 21st, 2010 at 4:59am:
Also, Mrs. C beat her hubby in a Happy Days episode.

And Joe Willie Namath starred in a show where a girl wanted to play on a boy's basketball team that she coached. One of the ways she showed she belonged was by beating one of the kids at armwrestling.

And no one should forget the great Noxzema girl Gunilla Knuttson, who beat Johnny Carson and drew with Mike Douglas armwrestling. And that's why one of those guys was a master at comedy.  Wink

But then Carson later armwrestled Elke Sommer and wouldn't let her win. Guess he didn't want to lose to a big star.  Undecided

One more - - Dick Cavett armwrestled Gail Dearie, a pretty pioneer female football player, and lost easily.

Spin, thanks for these memories. I remember a few of them, especially the one with Elke and Carson - thought I'd fall out of bed when that happened!

They may have been before VCRs, but if anyone has clips of that match or either of the ones with Gunilla, please post a link.

IP Logged

Armwrestlingfan
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #43 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 1:42pm

there was also an episode of malcom in the middel where the mother armwrestled reese

and one bud spencer &terence hill movie where an FBB and bud armwrestle

IP Logged

wingfan00
God Member

MI
Reply #44 - Jun 22nd, 2010 at 2:56am

Since this is swinging into tv there was a episode of the "Greatest American Hero" where a woman was wearing the super suit, she armwrestled this guy and tossed him across the room, and a really nice bar fight scene.
I think this was posted somewhere on these boards or elsewhere, but why can't they make shows like that anymore?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWsTSxgF2bw

“Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
but that they know so much that isn’t so.” – Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print