Ronda Rousey (Read 16761 times)
Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Re: Ronda Rousey
Reply #150 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 7:08pm

spin wrote on Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:22pm:
Cas wrote on Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:07pm:
In a way I compare Ronda's performance {or lack there of, if you prefer} to that of Brock when he faced Goldberg, y'know, thinking you can just cruise through the fight on your laurels, and also the 'hype machines' behind them.

Yeah, that's fine for Vince, because Brock is getting his shine back at WM. It's awful for Ronda, because she's not getting hers back. And it's not so great for Dana either, because he just lost the second biggest star he has.

Dana f***ed up, plain and simple. Now we learn Ronda got 3 million dollars for this fight, the same as Connor McGregor did for UFC 205, which was a record purse. So it's no wonder she got talked into this fight. Dana easily could have had Amanda fight somebody else, be it Pena or Shevchenko or somebody else and put Ronda on this same card against a "safe" opponent. The buy rate for Ronda's return probably would have been the same even in a non-title match. Then assuming Amanda and Ronda won, put that fight together.

Going back to Cat Zingano, her fight with Nunes was actually more recent than I thought. It was in September of 2014  and she won by TKO. Still she has lost two in a row since then including that quickie armbar to Ronda. But maybe, just maybe she has that one style that would give Amanda trouble. That fight might be a hard sell because Cat still really isn't that big of a household name but she is very likeable, pretty, and her story over the last few years (tragically losing her husband and son's dad and having major reconstructive knee surgery) would make her a huge sentimental favorite.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #151 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 7:43pm

Jeez, Ronda got $3,000,000 for this showing? anyone recall how much she walked,or should I say 'turtled' away with after getting tagged by Holly?. Anyway, Dana now has his work cut out for him creating the new women's name since this really appears to be Rousey's last hurrah. But you're right Will, he did this to himself by making Ronda the next big thing and over hyping her when he should've known well that she was vulnerable, and now that's come up and bitten him in the arse twice.
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2016 at 8:53pm by Cas »  

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #152 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 4:57am

IP Logged

DogbiteWilliams
God Member

Liberal Atheist

Los Angeles
Reply #153 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 7:34pm

I believe the shading in the second picture is an alteration.

A mind is a horrible thing to squander on religion.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #154 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 3:29am

Looks likely that Ronda will not be in the Royal Rumble. Her insistence that she wouldn't be could have been a work, but she says she's in Colombia filming a movie, Mile 22, and today posted Instagram shots from what she says is the movie set.  So unless she's really going overboard to fool everyone, don't expect to see her tomorrow.

Anyway, no need to have her win to appear at Mania. They can just have a Raw girl win the Rumble, they can still have Ronda fight Charlotte in a match booked separately.
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2018 at 4:15am by kam16 »  

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Duke of Reason

Reply #155 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 4:10am

Ronda’s not a wrestling carny (yet, anyway). If she says she’s in Colombia and won’t be in Philly tomorrow, that’s what it is.

Unless she doesn’t think she’s ready she’s still wrestling Charlotte at WM, while Asuka wins the Rumble and faces Bliss, Jax, or both.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #156 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 4:16am

kam16 wrote on Jan 28th, 2018 at 3:29am:
Looks likely that Ronda will not be in the Royal Rumble. Her insistence that she wouldn't be could have been a work, but she says she's in Colombia filming a movie, Mile 22, and today posted Instagram shots from what she says is the movie set.  So unless she's really going overboard to fool everyone, don't expect to see her tomorrow.

OK, Option B: Really going overboard to fool everyone.  Smiley

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #157 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 4:46am

kam16 wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 4:16am:

And ok, now she is a wrestling carny. The surprise wasn’t that she signed for WM and SS, which was already known. The surprise is that she didn’t sign the Lesnar deal; instead she’s signed full time. She could have made a lot more on a Lesnar deal plus movies, but she says it’s about the fun for her, not the money.

It was cool seeing her in the Piper outfit tonite; she actually got the leather jacket from his son. She’ll be a good fit at WWE.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #158 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 5:25am

spin wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 4:46am:

And ok, now she is a wrestling carny. The surprise wasn’t that she signed for WM and SS, which was already known. The surprise is that she didn’t sign the Lesnar deal; instead she’s signed full time. She could have made a lot more on a Lesnar deal plus movies, but she says it’s about the fun for her, not the money.

It was cool seeing her in the Piper outfit tonite; she actually got the leather jacket from his son. She’ll be a good fit at WWE.

Does this mean Becky has to come up with a new finisher now ? I mean after all.......   Roll Eyes

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #159 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 5:45am

And what's the deal with McCool getting the biggest push by far out of all the returnees ? She eliminated four by herself (I'm not even going to count the Vickie silliness) so is that just doing a favor for the Undertaker or is this going to spawn some kind of return by her ?

Some other notables. Sasha eliminating Bayley. Beginning of a turn there for somebody ?

I wish there would be more to Trish eliminating Mickie into a future match but I'm sure that's just one friend doing the honor for another. Now Trish eliminating Natalya would make for a future big match in Toronto or Calgary at some future PPV  but not so much in the lower 48.

Same with Natalya eliminating Beth. One bestie eliminates the other.

Nikki eliminating Brie probably means nothing.

The obvious protection of Asuka continues. She enters at #25 and she eliminated only Ember (NXT) and Nikki (hasn't wrestled since last WM). They strategically kept her away from the bigger stars on the current main roster.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #160 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 5:46am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 5:25am:

Does this mean Becky has to come up with a new finisher now ? I mean after all.......   Roll Eyes

No, because Asuka is now using the armbar too. And so is Shayna at NXT. So they can kinda have a long term armbar rivalry to see who’s is best.

And yes, McCool looking strong was a favor for the Taker.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #161 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 5:53am

It is surprising. But I can believe it's about the fun. She was miserable toward the end of her MMA career, even feeling suicidal at one point. Even before she started losing, her life was pressure-packed, with all her promotional obligations. Now she can just throw herself into her childhood love -- which probably is more fun than making movies too -- without having to juggle a second career.  It's got to feel like a night-and-day difference to her from where she was.

IP Logged

MisterM

Herbiceps Rocks

Reply #162 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 6:32am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 5:45am:
And what's the deal with McCool getting the biggest push by far out of all the returnees ? She eliminated four by herself (I'm not even going to count the Vickie silliness) so is that just doing a favor for the Undertaker or is this going to spawn some kind of return by her ?

Some other notables. Sasha eliminating Bayley. Beginning of a turn there for somebody ?

I wish there would be more to Trish eliminating Mickie into a future match but I'm sure that's just one friend doing the honor for another. Now Trish eliminating Natalya would make for a future big match in Toronto or Calgary at some future PPV  but not so much in the lower 48.

Same with Natalya eliminating Beth. One bestie eliminates the other.

Nikki eliminating Brie probably means nothing.

The obvious protection of Asuka continues. She enters at #25 and she eliminated only Ember (NXT) and Nikki (hasn't wrestled since last WM). They strategically kept her away from the bigger stars on the current main roster.

Apparently Nikki eliminating Brie is for a Total Divas storyline, as their cameras were there filming it.

arcang7  
IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Maestro Of The Dawg Pound

Reply #163 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 8:44pm

Is it me, or has she undergone the Diva Starter Kit treatment with a serious boob job.  She looks considerably larger.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #164 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:03pm

MaestroDawg65 wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 8:44pm:
Is it me, or has she undergone the Diva Starter Kit treatment with a serious boob job.  She looks considerably larger. 

Hard to tell in that Piper outfit. Gotta remember she dieted down about 25 pounds every time she fought. She’s going to run at about 160 lbs with WWE.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print