Miesha Tate (Read 19811 times)
spin
God Member

The Internet Duke of Reason

Re: Miesha Tate
Reply #45 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 12:59am

Armwrestlingfan wrote on Jul 10th, 2016 at 11:20pm:
I am just looking for new pics of her and thats all - peace out

Fair enough, though it puzzles me why you'd want new pics of someone who isn't that beautiful nor a great fighter.

Miesha did get her butt kicked, but it was no laughing matter, and nothing to be ashamed about either. It was well known that Amanda is a fast starter and and a hard hitter, and on the contrary, Miesha is a slow starter. So Miesha had danger early, and that's how it turned out. She came out a bit lazy, and got caught, and then Amanda didn't let up on the pace. That sort of thing happens in MMA. Nunes lost to Cat Zingano, who got her butt kicked last night by Julianna Pena. Does that mean that Pena can beat Nunes? Not necessarily.

I don't entirely agree with not criticizing Miesha though. She's an athlete, not an HB model, so she's fair game, just like Cyborg is. Now, if we can get her on the site, that would be another matter entirely. Mike's in Vegas, Miesha spends half her time there, make this happen!  Wink
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2016 at 2:37am by spin »  

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #46 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 1:13am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Jul 10th, 2016 at 6:52pm:
Cas wrote on Jul 10th, 2016 at 6:20pm:
I wonder now, since Vince loaned Lesnar to Dana for UFC 200 (a fight the big ape won after an extended hiatus from the octagon,who knew?  Roll Eyes), does he ask Dana to return the favor?. To keep the thread on track here, does Vince ask for Miesha or "that certain someone who's in hiding" or another one of Dana's female draws to come in to mess with Charlotte,Becky,Sasha or heaven forbid, Steph?

I don't think VKM loaned Lesnar or even knew Lesnar was planning it. Stephanie sure wasn't in favor of it. There must be some sort of "opt out" or clause in Lesnar's WWE contract that allows him to go back to UFC anytime he chooses. If you think about it, VKM would not knowingly and willingly allow Lesnar to fight in UFC 200, with the possibility of Brock having his ass handed to him and then come back to the WWE and be part of headlining SummerSlam against Randy Orton. That would take a lot of the steam and heat out of that match.

This is a complicated story. When Brock signed his new deal last year, be negotiated a one match option to do an MMA fight. Vince agreed, figuring it would never happen. Well, lo and behold it, Brock fooled him, so Vince had to negotiate a deal with Dana. What he got was cash, a short promo for the SummerSlam Brock/Orton match, and the right to use a MMA personality for an angle in the future. The one he wanted was Paige Van Zant, but she declined because she wants to concentrate on fighting. So maybe its Ronda again at WM, or Conor, or maybe even Jon Jones, because WWE drug tests are easier to pass.  Roll Eyes

Frankly, the guy who's the "genetic jackhammer" with the "big grapefruits" was a real pussy here. He treated Brock's match like it didn't exist. Imagine what they could have done with Brock's win if they actually promoted it.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #47 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 2:59am

In regards to what Spin said about Vince not having his "big grapefruits" and being wimpy, while that is probably true here,Vince still got beat at his own game plain and simple, he should've known full well that Dana White has just as much of a 'man crush' on Lesnar as he does and can/will do anything to get him. Especially now since Dana needs a name to promote the product with the likes of McGregor and Rousey currently off the radar.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2016 at 4:01am by Cas »  

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #48 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 4:19am

Cas wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 2:59am:
In regards to what Spin said about Vince not having his "big grapefruits" and being wimpy, while that is probably true here,Vince still got beat at his own game plain and simple.

Brock is certainly sitting in the catbirds seat right now. He got 2 1/2 million plus PPV points for this fight, so he probably made $4 million. Plus he gets $5 million yearly from WWE. That's for something like 25 dates.

And if he wants to do UFC again, Vince can't say no. Brock makes them too much money, and he'll break his WWE contract if necessary to fight. His goals mean more to him than WWE dollars. So Vince has to live with this.

IP Logged

6789shav
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #49 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 1:00pm

Yahoo! News flash this morning (Mon.). UFC has been sold for $4 billion. Dana White will remain as president and head of day-to-day operations of the group that is buying UFC.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2016 at 2:19pm by 6789shav »  

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #50 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 3:53pm

spin wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 12:59am:
I don't entirely agree with not criticizing Miesha though. She's an athlete, not an HB model, so she's fair game, just like Cyborg is. Now, if we can get her on the site, that would be another matter entirely. Mike's in Vegas, Miesha spends half her time there, make this happen!  Wink

Being critical of a performance is one thing, but putting someone down or spewing hate just because you don't like that person is another. Not saying that was the case here and it wasn't but that is where I saw it possibly going. Wasn't going to let that happen here like it did in another thread with a schmoe you and I are very familiar with. That being said I'm moving on.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #51 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 4:18pm

spin wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 12:59am:
Miesha did get her butt kicked, but it was no laughing matter, and nothing to be ashamed about either. It was well known that Amanda is a fast starter and and a hard hitter, and on the contrary, Miesha is a slow starter. So Miesha had danger early, and that's how it turned out. She came out a bit lazy, and got caught, and then Amanda didn't let up on the pace. That sort of thing happens in MMA. Nunes lost to Cat Zingano, who got her butt kicked last night by Julianna Pena. Does that mean that Pena can beat Nunes? Not necessarily.

That was tough to watch. For as good and technically sound Miesha was against Holly avoiding get punched solidly by somebody you would think was a more dangerous puncher than Amanda, she got nailed early. The first or second punch Nunes landed is probably what busted Miesha's nose and that was it. We've talked about it before, MMA (and boxing) is all about match ups. The way this fight went down so decisively it's tough to think a rematch would go any differently. Amanda starts fast and is aggressive. That isn't changing. Miesha is the one that needs to change. Defensively against Amanda you need a lot of head movement so you're not a target for her. She needs to be able to survive that first 5 minutes without getting hurt badly and take the fight to where she gets stronger and her opponent doesn't. Holly being more tactical and not as aggressive is a good match up for Miesha. Not sure how a Holly/Amanda match would shape up. Got to think Juliann Pena is next for Amanda.

Disagree though with your assertion of Cat Zingano "getting her butt kicked" by Pena. She lost, yes, but that was much more a grappling than a striking match. Neither one had any noticeable facial marks after the fight. Those two split the first two rounds and Pena won the third round pretty much by staying on top of Cat and keeping her neutralized. Cat was able to reverse that but only when there was about 15 seconds left in the fight. Now that is a fight that could easily go the other way in a rematch.

Any which way you slice it this sure makes the women's bantamweight division entertaining even without Ronda, whom if she does come back won't be until later this year or early next year as she underwent knee surgery again not long ago.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #52 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 5:21pm

Sounds like the future is bright for UFC's women, well except for Ronda anyway, another knee surgery huh? Guess she'd better get her acting chops up to speed then. That, and I suppose WWE could call her,but I bet that ship has sailed by now. Sure, there's the 'Brock Lesnar Plan' w/UFC & WWE that could be worked out but let's face it, in VKM's eyes Ronda's not worthy of Brock's type of deal. Plus, Dana would probably squash it anyway.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2016 at 6:46pm by Cas »  

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #53 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 5:58pm

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 4:18pm:
Any which way you slice it this sure makes the women's bantamweight division entertaining even without Ronda, whom if she does come back won't be until later this year or early next year as she underwent knee surgery again not long ago.

Entertaining, maybe, but a lot less glamorous and marketable. The talk now is Pena vs Nunes in NY. We both know NY, and that won't fly. NY buys stars, and neither Nunes or Pena is that. That's Miesha, Holly and Ronda. Any of those three can main or co-main event a PPV UFC, like Miesha did this weekend. Nunes/Pena is at best third from the top, and won't mean a thing for ticket sales. This is the real downside from Miesha's loss.

I think what I was trying to say before is that any of these results could easily be different in a rematch. Holly can beat Miesha, Ronda can beat Holly, Miesha can beat Amanda, Cat can beat Julianna. It would just take different strategy and preparation. That's what makes MMA fun.

IP Logged

Armwrestlingfan
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #54 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 6:32pm

Quote:
Fair enough, though it puzzles me why you'd want new pics of someone who isn't that beautiful nor a great fighter.

because she has got nice guns and likes to flex in a great way - but thats's all

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #55 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 8:43pm

spin wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 5:58pm:
Entertaining, maybe, but a lot less glamorous and marketable. The talk now is Pena vs Nunes in NY. We both know NY, and that won't fly. NY buys stars, and neither Nunes or Pena is that. That's Miesha, Holly and Ronda. Any of those three can main or co-main event a PPV UFC, like Miesha did this weekend. Nunes/Pena is at best third from the top, and won't mean a thing for ticket sales. This is the real downside from Miesha's loss.

Normally, I would say you are right about Nunes/Pena not being a draw, but if this does happen in NYC, whether it be at MSG or Barclay Center, being it would be the first UFC card to be held in either one of those venues it will sell out anyway. I'm sure Dana White will get a solid enough card together that will sell well on PPV. I wouldn't sell the attractiveness of Nunes/Pena in NYC too short giving the large Hispanic community there. Remember when Davey Moore, from the Bronx, at the time thought to be a future champion, fought Roberto Duran at MSG ? You would have thought they were fighting in Panama with the support Duran had. So those two women may garner a lot more interest and support than you think.   

The women do take a big hit from the marketing standpoint with Miesha and Ronda out of the picture until at least later this year. We're still not sure if Ronda is even coming back. Miesha we know will come back for at least one more fight but if she suffers another defeat in her next fight like she did against Amanda, I don't see the point of her going on. Quit while she still still has her looks and do some acting or maybe she becomes an analyst. Anyway, I'm getting at to where UFC needs to find another up and comer in the women's bantamweight division that can be a face for them. A Paige VanZant type. Paige herself is only a strawweight in a division that doesn't get nearly the press the bantamweights do and she herself is coming off her own bad beating. She might be the Anna Kournikova of UFC. So I don't see her being that fighter that could be the future face. Somebody, somewhere will step up I am sure.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #56 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 10:58pm

Well, Johanna is already there. She's really the Ronda of that division now; great all around fighter, good talker, willing to be the heel.

Rose Namajunas is the one with the most potential to step up. But right now she's too young and inexperienced. And even with that she's No. 3 in the rankings. Hope they wait a year with her right now though.

I wouldn't count out Paige eventually either. I like the fact that she's not letting show biz get to her, and she gave a thumbs down to the WWE Summerslam show to train instead.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #57 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 12:36am

spin wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 10:58pm:
Well, Johanna is already there. She's really the Ronda of that division now; great all around fighter, good talker, willing to be the heel.

Johanna ?? Or did you mean Julianna Pena ?

IP Logged

Sean
YaBB Administrator

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Las Vegas
Reply #58 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 4:29am

Good news I have a good shot at shooting Cyborg and Miesha as Cyborgs best friend with Larissa and Miesha lives out here by me. I actually turned down a chance with Cyborg last year. Bad news is the UFC have strict control over who they shoot for and would never be allow me to shoot them for HB.

IP Logged

6789shav
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #59 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 2:03pm

Sean: it all depends on the contents of Miesha's contract with UFC, whether or not she could do a shoot for HB. Or even your IG site. Also, maybe wait a few months to see how things shake out with the new group running UFC, after the sale is finalized.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print