Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Jen Cowan vs. Skylar Rene armwrestling (Read 34285 times)
Loving It

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Jen Cowan vs. Skylar Rene armwrestling
Oct 22nd, 2014 at 5:01pm

The arm wrestling video showing Skylar Rene versus Jen Cowan was one of the best ever because both girls were straining like hell! Jen complained that the contest wasn't fair because the table and the cloth on top kept moving her elbow. I have watched this fascinating video many times to try and figure out whether Skylar is really stronger, or Jen just could not get a good position to put backpressure on Skylar, the way Skylar does it to her by pulling her (Skylar's) arm in. I would truly love to see this contest repeated on a good table where both can keep their elbows stable. I'd love to see Jen win against this amazingly strong woman with smaller arms who does nowhere near as well at the grip strength contest.

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Re: Jen Cowan vs. Skylar Rene armwrestling
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 7:10am

well...Skylar is taller and a great athlete...and heavier no doubt...so while her biceps may not be bigger, its a good matchup strength-wise

what I've learned over the years is that the competitor who wants it more often wins close matches...and while both ladies rate super high on the competitiveness scale, Skylar just got after it a little harder...its probably good for Jen to lose one once in a while, just so we know she's human

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

Loving It

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 2:21pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. With a perfect build, including those amazing peaked biceps like Jen has, maybe she needs to lose now and then. But, she does seem to be really straining during that match, so who knows why Skylar won? Some people with smaller arms are much stronger in arm wrestling that you would expect.

IP Logged

Armwrestlingfan
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 9:57pm

well there would have been other armwrestling dream matchups - lindsay cope vs christy resendes or wendy lindquist against both... wow

IP Logged

macdis

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 11:03pm

Mike wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 7:10am:
well...Skylar is taller and a great athlete...and heavier no doubt...so while her biceps may not be bigger, its a good matchup strength-wise

what I've learned over the years is that the competitor who wants it more often wins close matches...and while both ladies rate super high on the competitiveness scale, Skylar just got after it a little harder...its probably good for Jen to lose one once in a while, just so we know she's human

Mike,

Jen has always been one of the strongest woman on this site.  She is amazing.  I know she got out of competing several years ago, but she looks ripped in that armwrestling video.  Is she going to compete again or does she just want to look that way?

IP Logged

cantthinkofaname
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #5 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 1:00am

They definitely need to have another match without a moving table like that.  I think Jen will win.  She was legitimately pissed that she lost that one.  One of the best arm wrestling vids on the site.  I expected a fairly easy win for Jen.  Would love to see those two go at it again, as well as Skylar vs. some of the guys.

IP Logged

Loving It

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #6 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 1:51pm

I agree completely with the remarks above!

IP Logged

fbbfan13

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 12:34pm

Loving It wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 1:51pm:
I agree completely with the remarks above!

me too. great ladies. jen's athletic ambition is awesome. she would destroy me in armwrestling.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Loving It

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #8 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 2:59pm

Yeah, wouldn't that be fun!

IP Logged

cantthinkofaname
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #9 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 12:27am

Skylar is unstoppable.  Can anyone beat her?

IP Logged

Loving It

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #10 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 12:35pm

Yes, it seems so, with her beating Erika Guerra left handed too, even though Erika seems to have much better biceps. It's obvious Skylar has just the right muscles in her shoulders and chest for arm wrestling. If she ends up beating Jen Cowan fair and square it will be super amazing. If these two match up on a good table, the contest could end up like something out of Hemingway that takes days. . .

IP Logged

labtecfriend

I love fit women

Southeast USA
Reply #11 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 3:26am

I bet on Jen!

IP Logged

Loving It

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #12 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 8:12pm

I think I've finally figured out why Jen lost to Skylar. I was focusing on the angle between her forearm and upper arm, but I believe the angle between the upper arm and your body is even more critical. Apparently, when your arm gets stretched out away from your body, some part of the pecs or lats that twists the upper arm ends up lined up the wrong way. I can remember as a kid wanting to be close to the edge of the table with my body so my upper arm could be straight down. You can see that Skylar pushes against the table early and pulls Jen toward her. Jen's arm then moves toward Skylar and away from her body. With more leverage, Jen then has an easy time winning. No wonder Jen complained that the slippery table top made the contest unfair. Give them an arm wrestling table or anywhere where Jen can plant her elbow and keep it there and she will be likely to beat Skylar. Still, I have to admit that Skylar seems to be a lot stronger than she looks!

IP Logged

Loving It

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #13 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 8:13pm

I meant that Skylar then has an easy time winning. . .

IP Logged

Loving It

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #14 - Nov 13th, 2014 at 11:09am

I watched the video again, and it doesn't seem like Skylar has a better position for her upper arm after all. Just exactly how she beat Jen remains a mystery to me, though it is quite clear that she has a much better position at one point. It's possible that gave her a big advantage long enough that she was able to fatigue Jen. Toward the end, she sort of stretches out, which can help you win if done just right. Jen really messes up by trying to pull her arm back, which causes Jen's arm to stretch way out. It was pretty close to a tie up to that point. But, the possibility remains that Skylar is actually a little stronger at arm wrestling. That seems really amazing considering how much more strongly built Jen appears to be!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print