Muscle by Mickie :-)

Re: Tessa Blanchard
Reply #285 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 9:41pm

Kam61 wrote on Jun 30th, 2019 at 8:41pm:
Will_the_Thrill wrote on Jun 30th, 2019 at 7:31am:
Kam61 wrote on Jun 30th, 2019 at 4:21am:
Will_the_Thrill wrote on Jun 30th, 2019 at 1:12am:
spin wrote on Jun 30th, 2019 at 12:30am:
So the story here is more about gender equity than it is gender abuse.

That may very well be the intent but not everybody is going to see it that way. Most wrestling fans probably do not read that deeply into the storylines. Most, especially the less educated and younger just see that as three men who just beat the hell out of one woman.    Not cool...or maybe some do think that's cool. Either way, not cool. And how much of a bad ass do you really want to build Tessa up as ? There is a point where if she ends up taking out all of these guys how do you build up a credible female challenger to go against her once Tessa is done with the guys ?

I've had the same thought: What does she do when she returns to the women's division?  However, there's a fair chance that by then the champ will be Havok, who's actually bigger (listed at 6'0", 264) than Sami (5'8," 221).  There are several big/strong women among the KOs right now.  Jordynne and Taya have fought men in other promotions. 

Part of me shares your objections up to a point.  (I don't think it's comparable to Trish barking like a dog or a father beating up his daughter.  Whole point here is that Tessa's an indomitable badass.)  But in context, this is like various TV shows and movies where badass superwomen fight men and take some hits in the process of ultimately winning.  It's a superheroine fantasy, not a sadistic or misogynistic one.

As Spin says, it's not a story about victimizing women.  It's about empowering them.  It actually gains something from the fact that Tessa takes hits and keeps on coming, rather than too-easily kicking ass as those TV and movie women tend to do.  Best part is when she sold Sami's kick for a bit, but then got up and took him down.  It took three men (and a bat) to put her down.

Now if they Pillmanized her or something, that would be another matter.  This week, though, I put more in the category of building heat -- though admittedly riding at least close to the edge.

Jessica Havok as far as large women wrestlers with talent are the exception as opposed to the rule. So ok, they bring her in and Tessa takes care of her then what ? The vast majority of the more skilled and talented women in pro wrestling are basically no bigger than Tessa. Actually because Tessa has a pretty thick and powerful build now, most will look smaller next to her.

Actually, they could milk a lot out of the roster they have.  Under Callis and D'Amore, Impact does some long-term programs.  In whatever order they do them, Havok is worth several months.  So is Taya, who's also bigger than Tessa: They've feuded before, but with roles reversed.  Jordynne is shorter but thicker, looking credible against anyone.  Add those to a possible men's program after Slammiversary and there's plenty to do for months to come.

If anything, I'm hoping they can fit it all in.  Tessa's two-year contract runs out in April, and it's hard to believe she'll stay beyond that.  Not that she doesn't like things at Impact, but AEW and WWE will throw huge money at her.  (Any past issues she may or may not have had with WWE won't matter to them now that they're in "buy up all the top talent and keep them off the market" mode.)  Impact can try to match those offers, but I doubt they can succeed: Even if they get a decent TV network, it won't be near USA/Fox/TNT level.  Same reason why they'll be hard pressed to re-sign LAX, and why somewhere down the line Brian Cage will move on too.

It's pretty early to think about what's next for Tessa when she eventually moves on, but it's hard not to.  I would love to see her and Charlotte -- that's a dream match, and maybe at some point a dream team, especially if WWE wants to give the tag titles real prestige.  (To say nothing of the Horsewomen-vs.-Horsewomen feud that could be done if those two teamed against some combination of Becky, Bayley or Sasha.)  On the other hand, I hate to think of Tessa added to the list of top talent whose attention and treatment depend on the whims and moods of VKM.  It's easy to imagine her getting times of glory alternating with times of famine, or forced to adopt some dumb character and read some dopey dialogue far below what she can do on her own. 

That's the biggest problem for Tessa potentially going to the WWE. She is already a world known mega-star in women's wrestling. VKM likes creating his stars especially on the women's side. You look at the established indie and international stars at NXT and the main roster, like Asuka, Ember Moon, Deonna Purrazzo, Mia Yim, and a couple of others and for the most part they are stagnant. Asuka got the NXT push and a brief run on the main roster but for somebody considered among the very best in the world she's a nothing there for the most part. Every major female star on that roster became a big name AFTER they joined the WWE/NXT or they were completely homegrown. So I worry VKM would definitely knock Tessa down a couple of notches should she join the company. Of course if the fans speak out and up and refuse to allow it and give Tessa huge support, not all that unlike how they did with Becky, the miserable old fart may have no choice but to grin and bear it and push Tessa big time. But until if or when that happens it really does no use to speculate.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Kam61
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #286 - Jul 3rd, 2019 at 12:53am

Not a muscle shot, but damn, she cleans up nice:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzZJoQBgKUY/

IP Logged

Kam61
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #287 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:18pm

Some genuine emotion on Tessa after Slammiversary went off the air:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTxUrbgfldU

I'm not sure what words she mouthed at the end, but I think it's "this isn't over."

IP Logged

Kam61
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #288 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 5:02am

This first one was previously linked, but now there's an embeddable version:

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/full/1195745.png

Cool art:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_SftKLXsAAzNmU.jpg

Plus a new flex ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz1ZUSjg6Qc/

... and another dressed-up shot from the Brian Cage-Melissa Santos wedding.  Tessa's with her guy Daga, who I think would be a good Impact addition, especially now that they're losing a few of their more spectacular athletes like LAX and Johnny Impact.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzzeSzXgvXd/

IP Logged

Kam61
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #289 - Today at 1:48am

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print