Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
HerBicepsPlus release date (Read 25732 times)
oresto94a

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Re: HerBicepsPlus release date
Reply #60 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 9:36pm

Mike wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 9:23pm:
We've had some more small setbacks with the new site, still not super close to launching and its frustrating.  Optimistically, its still 4-8 weeks away...pessimistically, 3-4 months.

No new site, no new model updates like for 4-5 last updates, awesome Mike

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #61 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 10:16pm

what do you mean by "no new model updates"? mostly posting new models lately

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

duffman

Oh yeah!

Reply #62 - Apr 21st, 2018 at 12:33am

Are you guys doing all by yourself or did you hire some professionals to set up the new website. I mean building websites is not rocket science, especially if you have some professionals who know their job. I'm just curious what's so hard about getting this new website running?

Are you ready to get DUFFED?

IP Logged

zakaka44
YaBB Newbies

Herbiceps

Reply #63 - Apr 21st, 2018 at 12:48am

duffman wrote on Apr 21st, 2018 at 12:33am:
Are you guys doing all by yourself or did you hire some professionals to set up the new website. I mean building websites is not rocket science, especially if you have some professionals who know their job. I'm just curious what's so hard about getting this new website running?

I agree that building a website is not that difficult...I do not think they are working with professional people.I think this website will never open.I think destiny will be like physiquedreams.com  Angry

IP Logged

Tre
God Member

Sacramento, CA
Reply #64 - Apr 21st, 2018 at 12:48am

duffman wrote on Apr 21st, 2018 at 12:33am:

Hi, and good question.  The short answer is yes, we are using professional programmers and designers to build the new site.  But please keep in mind that what we're building has never been done before.  Although there are thousands of instances of the individual elements around the web, it's the integration of all these moving parts into a working whole that is a lot more difficult than anyone would have imagined at the start of the project or even 6 months ago when we thought we were "close". 

Admittedly, we have a ways to go, but we've teased the new project because we want our members to know that we're pouring a lot time, resources, and energy into building something we hope they will be able enjoy for years to come.  In the meantime, we've still got a full-time crew working on shooting and editing fresh new content for the existing site rather than just parceling out content we've had sitting in the can for a while.  It's a complete win-win-win for the fans. Smiley

FemFlex.com - It's all about the muscle.
IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #65 - Apr 21st, 2018 at 8:08am

We used the same professionals that we worked with to develop and code the new HerBicepsCam.  They're a good, but relatively small outfit and have proven to be reliable and good at what they do. 

The cam site development grew into a MAJOR project, and just maintaining it requires some full-time staff and attention for various reasons that would be too long and boring to go into here.  But the level of complexity required to do a custom-from-scratch cam site in the shifting and dynamic tech environment that we currently live in has proven challenging.  It has also been a rewarding experience and one from which we have learned a great deal.

If I could go back a couple of years, I would be able to speed up the development of both sites by deploying some different resources.  I expected cam to take 9-12 months (it took longer than that) and I didn't expect it to require continued development and it has.  Its been 18 months since we opened the site, and we have grown the staff that works on the site by several humans, and there's still much to be done.  I've come to realize that this kind of cam site requires continual development and maintenance from a coding/back end perspective...and we're very lucky to be in a position where we can afford to continue to do that kind of custom development. 

Previously, we used off-the-shelf stuff and while we did a lot of customization, it simply didn't afford us the opportunity to do a lot of the things we wanted to do and to do it well.  I spent years figuring out how to proceed, had several iterations that failed to work out, but we got there eventually.  Nothing is perfect, but I'm pretty happy with how the cam site is going, even if it did take a lot more time and money than I would have guessed at various points.

The Plus site has taken a back seat, and because I thought to build it with the same programmers, resources were in some respects zero-sum and it made sense for a lot of reasons for the cam site to come first.

The company we use recently made some new hires to staff up, partly to support that business and continued development of our sties.  Plus isn't that extraordinary or new, but it is a build-from-scratch CMS and totally customized.  Our first specs/designs were woefully inadequate and were done several years ago now, and I've gone through several full-time graphic designers to find the right fit.  Having to wait for cam to be ironed out set back the Plus project a great deal.  Realizing late in the game that cam was going to be a never-ending development set it back even further. 

Recently, the programming team finished the front end design (the 3rd version) up to my specifications.  They then delivered the back end, from which I was to have my team start loading content.  Long story short, it was totally inadequate.  I hadn't meticulously designed the back end, and that was a big mistake on my part.  So 2 months ago, I started working on the back end designs and have submitted them to the team and they've been working on giving me what I want and meshing it with what they had already built.  That process is mid-gallop right now and there's been some good progress, but I'm still waiting on delivery of a few items before I can officially load videos, photo sets and create model profiles for the new site.

Once I get that and begin the content loading, then there will be some bug-detecting and trouble-shooting of that process, and then the same bug-detecting and fine-tuning of the front end.  I am more than ready to get my hands dirty and get it all going, but I have to be patient.  When I yell and scream, it hasn't always been the right move or of benefit, but I've done some of that. 

A lot of what's gone on regarding HerBicepsCam development has been behind the scenes.  In the last 12 months, we've moved mostly off of flash encoding to webrtc, we've created a network of repeater servers designed to serve both models and customers around the world faster and more appropriately.  We've got fail-overs in place to prevent site outages (though they still sometimes happen).  To make the site faster, we're utilizing cutting edge CDNs. 

Most recently, we moved the HerBicepsPlus development to a new server in order to better serve a live site (not a dev server) and some issues that arose with that server and the code has resulted in a set back.  I thought we were 6 weeks away 8-10 weeks ago, and I was wrong. 

My focus is on and has been on getting this site launched.  I have yelled and screamed a little, but ultimately I have to take responsibility.  I haven't done a good job of updating this site often enough, and its not because we haven't been shooting a lot of content.  We have.  I do know that in a year, you guys will probably be talking about how shitty it was to wait for the new site, but hope that the new site will be worth the wait. Its being designed for you guys, for all the fans. 

IP Logged

duffman

Oh yeah!

Reply #66 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 7:46pm

How about an update on the progress of the new website. Launch date?

Are you ready to get DUFFED?

IP Logged

McMoney
YaBB Newbies

Herbiceps

Reply #67 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 9:07am

Is there even going to be a HB+? Honestly curious as it feels you guys just want to sell VOD clips now.

I'm also a bit dubious as to what HB+ is going to be, if it ever actually comes. If I can deduce anything from the new trend of everything you guys have any good going VOD as opposed to membership, I'm guessing HB+ is just going to be a more complex version of VOD. More tiers, more paywalls, more money. Less value to subscribers. Hope I'm wrong, as this has been an awesome site for a long time. But I don't have a good feeling based on where things are trending with the site. Regards.

IP Logged

bombomper

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #68 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 9:53am

It seems they are doubling down on VOD content while they're losing subscribers on the main site. You echo my fears, though.

IP Logged

Tre
God Member

Sacramento, CA
Reply #69 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 1:48am

duffman wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 7:46pm:
How about an update on the progress of the new website. Launch date?

Still "under construction".  We're not going to announce a launch until the product has been delivered, populated, and had the functionality tested.  Smiley

FemFlex.com - It's all about the muscle.
IP Logged

zakaka44
YaBB Newbies

Herbiceps

Reply #70 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:43pm

Mike wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 9:23pm:
We've had some more small setbacks with the new site, still not super close to launching and its frustrating.  Optimistically, its still 4-8 weeks away...pessimistically, 3-4 months.

Embarrassed   5 month ago. This site will never be opened like I said before. people are doing bigger sites in less time. There is a complete fiasco here Undecided

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #71 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:04pm

its still not imminent, sorry guys...wish I had more concrete news, but I don't

IP Logged

bombomper

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #72 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:53pm

Are the remaining tasks demanding of skill or time? If it's the latter, maybe you could crowdsource willing members?

IP Logged

Stonebreaker

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #73 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 8:47am

Any update?

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #74 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 9:17am

bombomper wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:53pm:
Are the remaining tasks demanding of skill or time? If it's the latter, maybe you could crowdsource willing members?

Its all integrated with the HerBicepsCam, so we are locked in with the same programming team/company.  We are getting close to the delivery of a site we feel we can launch with. 

Current odds for launch:

November 2018 -- 0%
December 2018 -- 25%
January 2018 -- 35%
Feb/March 2018 -- 35%
April/May 2018 -- 5%

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print