Send Topic Print
Lack of updates (Read 71658 times)
Tre
God Member

Sacramento, CA
Re: Lack of updates
Reply #495 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 2:31am

Gofigure wrote on Dec 2nd, 2018 at 7:40pm:
Personally, I think the lack of regular updates is down to sheer laziness and a complete contempt for client service. It utterly baffles me why so many members maintain a roll-over membership. I myself am a very intermittent member, occasionally joining when I see content that appeals, but am rapidly disheartened when I realise the footage dates back to 2015.

One of the main pleasures of following female bodybuilding is being able to witness the transformation of various athletes...gaining size, improving symmetry, getting super-cut etc., tacitly applauding the athletes we love. This is impossible to do if much, most, of the material is retrospective.

I would be more than happy to maintain a regular subscription if I felt that the contract was respected by the service provider. Alas, it is not, and so I remain a very sporadic subscriber.

The mind boggles!!

I (and surely the other members of the HB team) genuinely appreciate your business and the time you took to post this specific feedback for us.

I think every viewer or customer is looking for a different experience and our years in the business have taught us that we've got different types of customers here. While frequent, "new content" updates are what are most interesting to you, others are more interested in different products. There are members of the site who love the "remember her?" type of updates. There are members who most prefer the specialized VOD content. Our goal is to serve as many customers as we can as well as we can. I'm not seeking any pats on the back, but I truly believe our content quality is at an all-time high. 

We want you to visit often and hopefully to find something interesting each time you come.  And if it's interesting enough, we hope you'll make some purchase decisions that work for you and feel good about it.

Again, thank you for your feedback and for your business. We hope you will give us the opportunity to earn your business for years to come.

FemFlex.com - It's all about the muscle.
IP Logged

6789shav
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #496 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 4:32pm

Tre: I've been a paying subscriber to HB since 2002 or 03. I understand, based on that longevity, that members have differing tastes. Some drool over the prospect of multiple minute videos. I'm usually on short time and much prefer the photo galleries, or videos up to 90 seconds in length.

The biggest problem can be summarized in your last comment about earning members' business. As of today, it's been 4 weeks since the last photo gallery update (Nov. 9 to Dec. 7). There was a 3 week gap between clip updates (Nov. 10 to Dec. 2). The 2018 "record" for time between updates has been 33 days, and 30 days another time.

It's not an issue of content quality; all the stuff is well done. It's an issue of content quantity, or enough to keep paying members interested. In short, HB is not keeping up with other sites and is becoming less competitive.

As an example, I also currently belong to HD Physiques. They update couple times per week. In the past 12-13 months, I've been in Kriv Studios and FT Video. Each of those updates at least weekly, and usually more than weekly.

While HB seems to have a near monopoly on VOD right now, others will enter the field. It's a matter of basic economics. And, of course, HB also has to compete with free sites like Girls with Muscle. If all HB ends up offering is a few VODs each week, people will wonder: why bother with the rest.

If HB is serious about wanting to remain competitive across the broad spectrum of services, improvement is needed. I'm OK for now, as I pay just $10 per month, billed quarterly, for a roll over membership. But you guys need to understand that the markets have changed in 15 years and maybe need to do some re-thinking about the overall business plan.

Cheers!    Shav

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #497 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 11:35pm

updates will be much more regular and automated on the new site when it opens...your complaint is more than fair, and I apologize for not doing a better job with updates over the last year or so like I intended...no excuses, my bad

as you can probably tell, our business model has been changing a bit with more focus on VOD than before (when we had none) just as when we opened cam and before there was none...the goal is to streamline it all and have it make sense from our perspective, the models' perspective and from your perspective...tough to get there until the new site opens

its a rational choice to be an occasional joiner, for the time being...and we respect that choice

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

Plop13

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #498 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 6:16pm

These apologies would seem a lot more sincere if they were at least backed up with some action. You apologise for not having released a photoset in 30 days and then don't even rectify the problem?

As always, I'm at a loss as to how archaic the system for posting updates must be. I can kind of imagine why the video updates can take so long given so many of them are essentially what's left over from an edited VOD shoot, but meanwhile the photos are just sitting around wasting away. I assume that even your new focus the VOD's all have accompanying photosets and yet these can't be posted? They don't serve any purpose elsewhere so why not just post them? It's crazy that the model's instagram pages have these photosets months (years?) prior to when they finally officially see the light of day on the site.

Unless of course, you're saving those for upcoming PODs to satisfy the types of customers who love paying extra for former subscription content.

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #499 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 6:35pm

the working up of a few sample images for models is done separately from the editing and posting of entire sets of photos...but I understand how it appears that the two are the same

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

Ricardo

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Ecuador
Reply #500 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 11:24pm

I really don't understand how the site take care of the loyal customers and only maintain the VOD section, I know that for some people the videos aren't expensive but for me there are expensive and I really prefer the classic website, I have been a customer since 2008 but these last two years I don't really feel any respect to the people that pay to get a good service. Embarrassed

IP Logged

Plop13

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #501 - Dec 14th, 2018 at 8:17pm

Mike wrote on Dec 9th, 2018 at 6:35pm:
the working up of a few sample images for models is done separately from the editing and posting of entire sets of photos...but I understand how it appears that the two are the same

Then maybe you can understand how it appears repeatedly not posting any updates and screwing over customers are the same thing.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 
Send Topic Print