Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43
Send Topic Print
Lack of updates (Read 100955 times)
bombomper

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Re: Lack of updates
Reply #525 - Dec 26th, 2018 at 3:58am

Last update? Not enough. Get it together, would ypu please...

IP Logged

Plop13

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #526 - Dec 27th, 2018 at 12:25am

We can assume armwrestling is no more.

IP Logged

Kinky Desires
YaBB Newbies

UK
Reply #527 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:29pm

I must say, I'm quite surprised that nobody has posted here yet to complain that there haven't been any updates 'since last year!'  Grin

I was considering doing it for a laugh shortly after midnight on new years day, but it kinda slipped my mind with all the partying that was going on around me lol

IP Logged

mayes
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #528 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 8:54pm

i think everyone has given up at this point. half ass updates with corrupted files every 2-3 weeks lol

IP Logged

Ricardo

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Ecuador
Reply #529 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 11:04pm

A new year but the same lack of updates, waiting for the non sense excuses  Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

bombomper

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #530 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 1:08am

Let's hope they have enough capital to stay afloat till the new site is released, I guess.

IP Logged

Plop13

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #531 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 4:08pm

bombomper wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 1:08am:
Let's hope they have enough capital to stay afloat till the new site is released, I guess.

At this point I feel there's no way they would be so disregarding of the membership customers unless the webcams were making them exponentially more profit. I suspect this is the case, bottom line is that they probably make the same from a handful of webcam customers than they do from 20 long term members.

HerBicepsPlus just seems like a further way to push everything worthwhile onto a premium platform while maintaining they're still putting out content at a cheap price by providing a load of standard flexing videos the like of which I could find on YouTube

The lack of transparency is dissapointing to say the least, people asked nocely for so long and they just refuse to go into detail about anything regarding the membership site. Only for the PR man to come in with an insincere apology and no explanation, or Mike to spout off some condescending remark.

I can't say I won't be purchasing agajn because I'm a sucker for FOS and armwrestling vids, but I'll only be buying when there's a large enough backlog and once you've moved FOS onto premium I can't see myself being arsed to purchase at all.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong and you guys get it together after this shambles but whatever.

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #532 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 5:45pm

bombomper wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 1:08am:

I think we'll make it  Wink

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #533 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 6:33pm

"At this point I feel there's no way they would be so disregarding of the membership customers unless the webcams were making them exponentially more profit. I suspect this is the case....."

--- Guys, we make much more money from the webcam site than we do from the members site.  That's been the case for many years now.  Its not close.  The membership site has and continues to be a nice business, but we realized a few years ago that the tail was wagging the dog when it came to how much time and effort we put into it. 

Over the last 12 months, when we started rolling out our VODs onto the webcam platform, its been stunning how popular they've become.  Customers are buying the videos and coming back for more, and hopefully we continue to do a good job fulfilling that demand.  That demand is much stronger than is the demand for members material; meaning we can much more successfully monetize that way.  As a result, we are able to fly in more models, pay them more, and give our customers more of what they really want.

HerBiceps members site is changing, and the new site development has been super painful for us and super slow for a bunch of reasons.  One of the big reasons is our business model is changing with the times.  We have to adapt to what people want to buy and that's proving to be personal interactions over cam with our models and high quality VODs of our best models.  You can browse the VOD store to get a quick idea of what is selling, or sort by popular to see. 

"The lack of transparency is dissapointing to say the least"

ask away, there's nothing secretive going on...what would you like to know?

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #534 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 6:41pm

Plop13 wrote on Dec 27th, 2018 at 12:25am:
We can assume armwrestling is no more.

We'll be posting some armwrestling, but we will be often using that stuff in our VODs situationally.  I saw somebody say something similar about measurements...much less true in terms of usage. 

One of the biggest changes is what we're focused on shooting and how we utilize our shooting resources...going forward, we are going to be putting more focus on premium shoots with VOD-worthy models, but we'll still be sending Sean to national level and pro shows and many of those models are first timers and won't be delivering VOD-type stuff in the shoots. Even when shooting with VOD worthy models, there will often be free clips from those shoots.

IP Logged

ricko

Flex em for me

Reply #535 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 8:51pm

Mike wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 6:33pm:

How do you feel about Duke Basketball?

Eagles getting a win by the "double doink"?

These are the real important questions Wink

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #536 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 11:02pm

ricko wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 8:51pm:
Mike wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 6:33pm:

How do you feel about Duke Basketball?

Eagles getting a win by the "double doink"?

These are the real important questions Wink

If you care about my feelings and thoughts on Duke basketball, you can tune into my podcast Duke Basketball Junkies.  There's no female muscle content, but my buddy from Duke and I go no holds barred on Coach K and the program.

As far as the double-doink goes and recent Eagles success, its been surreal and highly enjoyable.

Nice to hear from you, Ricko...hope all is well with you and your family

IP Logged

Femalebicepsfan
God Member

Reply #537 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:13am

Finally some true words. Now we know the main business is webcam and VOD in the future and on the member site you will only get material that is not "VOD-worthy". Which means stuff you also could easily find on youtube or social media as Plop13 already commented above.
I can understand that they want to maximize their income (who would not do that?), but this also means if you don't like the concept of VOD (buying each video separately instead of something like a flatrate concept of a member site) and you want good quality content it's time to move on.

IP Logged

Ricardo

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Ecuador
Reply #538 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:05am

Finally we have an answer of the webmaster, sadly there are two kind of customers and models. I don't like vod option because it's expensive and when i bought some of them i really don't find it amazing. Now is time to say goodbye and spend the money in other sites.

IP Logged

duffman

Oh yeah!

Reply #539 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:57am

I also don't like the VOD concept, but unfortunately this is the way to make money in this business. There are clips that cost more than a regular one month membership. But there will always be hardcore fans willing to pay for that stuff. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. That's just the way it is.

Are you ready to get DUFFED?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43
Send Topic Print