Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 43
Send Topic Print
Lack of updates (Read 100956 times)
Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Re: Lack of updates
Reply #540 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 5:58pm

Ricardo wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:05am:
Finally we have an answer of the webmaster, sadly there are two kind of customers and models. I don't like vod option because it's expensive and when i bought some of them i really don't find it amazing. Now is time to say goodbye and spend the money in other sites.

Often, models who we shoot for the first time even if they're great wouldn't produce much VOD worthy material.  It really just depends on how the shoot is set up, the time involved, who's there, where it is, etc etc. So, for example Sean went to Jr Nationals and set up 15-20 shoots mostly with competitors he had never worked with...and mostly 1 hour to 1.5 hour time slots.  Those are generally going to be getting acquainted shoots, with time for a few outfits in a neutral outdoor setting.  If the shoot produces good enough footage, we might be able to produce a meet so and so video using 5-10 minutes of the best stuff from the 20-40 minutes of video we roll on her....or we might not.  But either way, there's going to be clips for the Plus site from that shoot in addition to the VOD.  So maybe we got 4-5 VODs from those 15 shoots with newcomers, and that's fine.  If we meet great girls, we might fly them in for 1-2 days of shooting here in Las Vegas or reserve a half day or whole day to shoot with them at their next show or near their hometown depending where they are located.  Those shoots would be VOD heavy ideally and would involve considerable investment of time and money.  Those shoots simply wouldn't have happened back in the day.  We did maybe one fly-in every 3-4 months, but now we'll be able to do 10-15 fly ins a year...and the material we shoot will be different and shot specifically to produce these VODs.  There will also be clips from most of these shoots for Plus...so everybody wins.

Now for that same show, Sean was able to arrange to do 2 longer shoots with 2 models we had shot with before that were on webcam and was able to do more VOD-type work with them with male victims, hotel set ups, and invest time into doing that.  So, that was cool. 

So, its not really two different kinds of models...its stages of working with a model.  We might shoot an all-time great and she's uninterested or unwilling to do most of our ideas that would lead to VOD...she might not want to compare muscles with a man, tease him for being smaller than her, or play mercy with him to demonstrate how much stronger she is.  We want to be able to shoot with all the top models we can, just like we want to be able to serve all of our customers...so it works out. There will always be plenty of shoots that mostly or entirely wind up in the realm of Plus clips and not VOD. 

Our cam site allows us to get to know models, and it functions as a market test as well.  We wouldn't have met Ripped Reiley without the cam site, and seen what she can do, and how popular she was....so it was easy to reach out and invite her to fly-in and her shoots were VOD-purposed.  Its nice when we know somebody can and will deliver.  But most of the time, we are operating with less certainty and try to err on the side of making sure the models we work with are comfortable with what we are shooting.  That often means fun shoots that are really productive. 

I don't think there's 2 different kinds of customers...I know there are hundreds of different kinds of customers.  But I also don't think that I get to control what the customers want...customer demand is always the master of ceremonies.  The market is speaking, and I'm just willing to listen.

Sean and I have worked very hard over the years to do just that, listen to our customers...people vote with their wallets.  If you're only able to or willing to spend 10-15 dollars per month, we understand and we value that spend and your patronage.  But you can't complain that we want to serve the demand for people who are able and willing to spend hundred or even several thousand dollars a month for a differentiated product whether it be cams or VOD. 

On the new Plus site, you'll be able to see most of our clips and photo sets for absolutely free, no membership money.  And if you want to join to see the members material also, to enjoy a discount on our VOD products, to be able to have some privileges like ability to download and comment on the material, and VIP on HerBicepscam, then you'll be able to do that. 

Our new business model, and it has been a slow move to it over the years, is ideally going to make all the different customers happy...but its also designed to make the models and us, the producers, money.  That's the beauty of the whole thing...everybody can win.

The dire pronouncements of no more this, no more that, simply aren't true.  But I understand why you might think they are...we have been putting a lot of focus this year into developing our VOD products, but we have plenty of material for free and members on the new site for their to be plentiful daily updates and plenty of reasons to keep coming back and enjoying what we're producing...but of course, its your decision.

We are still learning as we go, experimenting, and trying to do our best to serve the demand that exists.  We are middle men, matching customer demand to model willingness/supply.  That's what I've always done.  When I started HerBiceps as an off-shoot of the NYMC shows, I didn't know the demand would be so lacking for live show experience and so strong for online content from the amateurish shoots we did.  Over time, demand has shifted as the world has changed.  Piracy is a big part of this; youtube is a big part of this; instagram is a big part of this...running a pure members section isn't what it used to be...flexing footage isn't as scarce as it used to be...its a much different world than it was 20 years ago.

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

Tre
YaBB Administrator

Sacramento, CA
Reply #541 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 7:13pm

Quote:
The lack of transparency is disappointing to say the least, people asked nicely for so long and they just refuse to go into detail about anything regarding the membership site. Only for the PR man to come in with an insincere apology and no explanation, or Mike to spout off some condescending remark.

What’s insincere about saying “Hey guys, we thought we could deliver this great new thing by ___ and it didn’t happen, because we underestimated the scope of the task”? That’s our bad and we totally own it. We’ve said multiple times that we want customers to make the right purchase decisions for themselves and we get why people might not feel a monthly membership is worth renewing right now.

If anything, we’ve probably been *too* transparent. We share details about what we’re up to from time-to-time, because fans ask, but ultimately, talking about site logistics is not the business we’re in. Those conversations are boring and don’t add much entertainment value - the customers don’t want it. If you’re ever passing through and want to grab a drink, though, I’ll be happy to chat about anything. 😊

FemFlex.com - It's all about the muscle.
IP Logged

Plop13

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #542 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 4:25pm

Thank you for finally replying in a frank manner and giving such detailed replies, as far as I'm aware this is the first time you've openly stated that the membership site is more of a side project now which is all people wanted confirming.

As for what I'd like to know, you've covered a lot in your replies but a few things would be: Why are updates so sparse these days and often filled with duplicates or poorly categorised? Why is it that so many broken links are posted and never fixed? Why does it take so long for newer shoots to filter through to being posted on the site? Why are videos such as the ones with Yeon which are already fully edited not being posted?

And maybe I was getting a little carried away with the insincerity jibe but you can only keep screwing up for so long without the problems. The delay of HBPlus is regrettable yet totally understandable but that isn't the main problem that's been irritating customers. People have had issues with the rate of updates for both photo and video for a long time and this still hasn't been really addressed in any of these repeated apologies. It's taken this long to even get a solid confirmation on the fact that the membership site isn't a focus, let alone actually address why the updates are so sporadic.

As I said though, many thanks for giving these honest responses and you'll see a lot less complaining from me in future as a result. It's just a shame it had to take this level of badgering to get to the answer.

IP Logged

Sean
YaBB Administrator

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Las Vegas
Reply #543 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 3:28am

"Why are videos such as the ones with Yeon which are already fully edited not being posted"

Please check out her VOD on herbicepscam.com/vod for what we edited from that shoot.

IP Logged

yugnorac
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #544 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 3:16pm

Sean wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 3:28am:
"Why are videos such as the ones with Yeon which are already fully edited not being posted"

Please check out her VOD on herbicepscam.com/vod for what we edited from that shoot.

That's not much help, Sean. All I'm getting from "herbicepscam.com/vod" is an error message that reads "Error on accessing the database".

IP Logged

Sean
YaBB Administrator

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Las Vegas
Reply #545 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 4:57pm

IP Logged

zakaka44
YaBB Newbies

Herbiceps

Reply #546 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 6:20pm

Some models use nicknames, so it's hard to find out how many videos are available. There is no link to the profile of the model with and under which the videos are listed. The quality of the video image is too low because it is not possible to download. These are major shortcomings. I bought 3-4 vod to date but I was not satisfied at all. My money is wasted. If I give an average of 7-8 dollars for a clip, I have to download it to my computer.

IP Logged

Plop13

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #547 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 8:14pm

Sean wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 3:28am:

I meant the clips (including metal planks) that Mike posted links to in this thread many pages back. As it stands I'm pretty sure you can only access them from this thread. Are there any other clips like this which exist but just aren't accessable from the site?

IP Logged

Tre
YaBB Administrator

Sacramento, CA
Reply #548 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 10:33pm

Plop13 wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 8:14pm:
I meant the clips (including metal planks) that Mike posted links to in this thread many pages back. As it stands I'm pretty sure you can only access them from this thread. Are there any other clips like this which exist but just aren't accessable from the site?

Are you talking about the Feats of strength clips posted to the members section?  Are those the ones you are unable to see?  Or something else?

FemFlex.com - It's all about the muscle.
IP Logged

Kurtis Trent

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #549 - Jan 13th, 2019 at 7:54am

Why there is no "search by name (not alias)" option in VOD???

IP Logged

Kinky Desires
YaBB Newbies

UK
Reply #550 - Jan 13th, 2019 at 10:35pm

Tre wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 10:33pm:
Plop13 wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 8:14pm:

Are you talking about the Feats of strength clips posted to the members section?  Are those the ones you are unable to see?  Or something else?

I think he's referring to the links Mike posted in this post on the 21st October https://messages.herbiceps.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1480623786/477#477 but if that is the case he is mistaken, because those clips where all added to the members area a few days after they were posted here (on the 24th to be precise).

IP Logged

Ricardo

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Ecuador
Reply #551 - Jan 20th, 2019 at 6:53pm

In the last messages it's clear that the care and attention is put in the VOD and not in the classic membership section. What we have now more excuses and promises or a fantastic new site and the same bad service of 2018, one update this month, broken links, duplicates and when you report it nobody answers. In past years when we report a broken link in a few days the webmaster correct them but now nothing is done. When you pay for a monthly membership you expect regular updates not random, we expect a good customer service not a excuse service even if we pay a "small" amount of money we deserve a good service. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Plop13

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #552 - Jan 21st, 2019 at 12:26am

If the Yeon videos are elsewhere on the site then I apologise and must just have overlooked them. The other problems still stand though, but since you've admitted it's just a side-project I suppose it's to be expected, and props for removing the longer membership subscriptions.

IP Logged

Goodtimes
YaBB Newbies

Herbiceps

Reply #553 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 3:54am

Ok so since the date of HB+ launch keeps getting pushed back can u or will u at least update the main site? Show your customers u still care. And I'm starting to wonder if HB+ is straight up False Advertising as a way to keep PAYING customers to stick around. If it's not gunna happen then please start updating this site

IP Logged

Levy
YaBB Newbies

Herbiceps

Reply #554 - Feb 7th, 2019 at 6:03am

I'm hoping we get an update this year or should we just make enough noise for you guys to care to put a 10 video update with mostly interviews.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 43
Send Topic Print