Lack of updates (Read 107061 times)
Kinky Desires
YaBB Newbies

UK
Re: Lack of updates
Reply #645 - May 4th, 2019 at 4:29pm

Mike wrote on May 4th, 2019 at 12:19am:
Kinky Desires wrote on May 1st, 2019 at 9:30pm:
I personally have absolutely no idea how long is left on my own membership!† Embarrassed† I took out a long term non-recurring membership quite a long time ago! I don't even remember how long I paid for! I've just checked it and it's still working for the time being, but I really have no idea when it's due to run out.

Email webmaster@herbiceps.com and ask howlong you have left on your membership

It's ok, I ran a search on my e-mail and found the date that way. I have exactly 7 weeks left!

IP Logged

Dante
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #646 - May 12th, 2019 at 4:10am

Subscription ran out. Paid for a year, got a dearth of new updates. I guess I paid for existing content, which is all right, but I thought, you know, there'd be regular postings of new stuff.

I guess the Internet bit about I am disappoint fits.

IP Logged

Plop13

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #647 - May 13th, 2019 at 12:06pm

Dante wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 4:10am:
Subscription ran out. Paid for a year, got a dearth of new updates. I guess I paid for existing content, which is all right, but I thought, you know, there'd be regular postings of new stuff.

I guess the Internet bit about I am disappoint fits.

They don't even bother to update the membership site until a monthly threshold of complaints has been reached. It's been well over a year since they've released an update without being prompted by the paying customers.

IP Logged

Stonebreaker

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #648 - May 13th, 2019 at 2:38pm

Customer service 101 from working in the industry.

-Manage people's expectations.† If something is going to take longer than it should, overshoot the estimate so that when you inevitably get to it way earlier, you have happy customers.† I'm not just talking about the new site. YOu have the right strategy when you say there isn't a firm release date, but updating us on your own would be appreciated† I've been through that process and totally get all the unforeseen hiccups and bs you have to deal with.† There is no doubt you are busting ass.

I used to work in insurance.† When a customer wanted a quote on a Friday, I'd tell them I'd have it to them Monday afternoon knowing full well I'd be able to get it to them by Friday afternoon and you'd be amazed how much they appreciate it when I'd get it to them well earlier.† They think you're working extra hard just for them.† It's what directly affects our wallet that needs to be addressed or you get bad publicity.

-Communication in general.† Tre will at least respond which cushions the frustration a good deal, but it's something.† All customers want is timely responses for better or worse.† Even if it will disappoint them. Timeliness is key.† It should not take more than 24 hours no matter what for a legit complaint.† Especially for a site like this that rakes it in.  You're always going to have your ass hats with completely unreasonable demands, but most people will understand and be patient.

It's especially effective if you initiate the communication.† Do previews.† Plug upcoming models or who you plan to shoot with.† Give updates on changes.† Teasers should be a given.† Hell, you don't even need to post photos even a paragraph gets it done.† Don't just do it once, do it weekly.† I go to HDPhysiques, they tell me there is a great new model they shoot with and will post the content on Friday and then they follow through.† Krivsstudio does a shoot recap and a headline that says something like they are going to the Arnold Classic and will make the updates up to us when they return.† These are much lesser sites that have a tiny fraction of what you have for backlogs of content. This juggernaut has dozens of new models to preview.† Listen to your customers.†

Those are tweaks you can make that take little time and would greatly reduce our constant bitching and your stress level.

IP Logged

Plop13

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #649 - May 13th, 2019 at 3:04pm

And it always feels as if they're finally serious about turning things around after they've apologised and dealt out concessions, only to immediately make the same mistakes again and again. Would it kill anybody to do two updates per month to stem the constant flow of complaints? People have been unhappy with the service provided by the membership site for a long time and the response has basically always been some variation on directing the customers towards purchasing VOD rather than addressing the problem.

IP Logged

Kurtis Trent

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #650 - May 13th, 2019 at 5:07pm

Guys, you do realize that`s the only website with working
message board...Tomorrow they will close it, and the end.
And yes, they will get our money with their ultra expensive VOD, because the stuff is amazing!!
And the customers cannot do anything....absolutely anything!

IP Logged

Tre
YaBB Administrator

Sacramento, CA
Reply #651 - May 13th, 2019 at 10:22pm

Kurtis Trent wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 5:07pm:
Guys, you do realize that`s the only website with working
message board...Tomorrow they will close it, and the end.
And yes, they will get our money with their ultra expensive VOD, because the stuff is amazing!!
And the customers cannot do anything....absolutely anything!

LOL! We totally love you guys. And you - as customers - DO hold the cards. We make the best possible efforts to serve the interests of our customers in a way that makes sense for the business.†

We don't want to give customers the same type of shoot quality we did 15 years ago or even 5 years ago and, more importantly, you (collectively) do not *want* a 2003 HB shoot with a 2019 model.†

We don't have time to visit every day, but I hope we will keep the forum alive, because the feedback is often beneficial and for me (personally), there is a lot of good history here.

FemFlex.com - It's all about the muscle.
IP Logged

Tre
YaBB Administrator

Sacramento, CA
Reply #652 - May 14th, 2019 at 9:56am

Stonebreaker wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 2:38pm:

-Manage people's expectations.† If something is going to take longer than it should, overshoot the estimate so that when you inevitably get to it way earlier, you have happy customers.† I'm not just talking about the new site. YOu have the right strategy when you say there isn't a firm release date, but updating us on your own would be appreciated† I've been through that process and totally get all the unforeseen hiccups and bs you have to deal with.† There is no doubt you are busting ass.

I used to work in insurance.† When a customer wanted a quote on a Friday, I'd tell them I'd have it to them Monday afternoon knowing full well I'd be able to get it to them by Friday afternoon and you'd be amazed how much they appreciate it when I'd get it to them well earlier.† They think you're working extra hard just for them.† It's what directly affects our wallet that needs to be addressed or you get bad publicity.

-Communication in general.† Tre will at least respond which cushions the frustration a good deal, but it's something.† All customers want is timely responses for better or worse.† Even if it will disappoint them. Timeliness is key.† It should not take more than 24 hours no matter what for a legit complaint.† Especially for a site like this that rakes it in.† You're always going to have your ass hats with completely unreasonable demands, but most people will understand and be patient.

It's especially effective if you initiate the communication.† Do previews.† Plug upcoming models or who you plan to shoot with.† Give updates on changes.† Teasers should be a given.† Hell, you don't even need to post photos even a paragraph gets it done.† Don't just do it once, do it weekly.† I go to HDPhysiques, they tell me there is a great new model they shoot with and will post the content on Friday and then they follow through.† Krivsstudio does a shoot recap and a headline that says something like they are going to the Arnold Classic and will make the updates up to us when they return.† These are much lesser sites that have a tiny fraction of what you have for backlogs of content. This juggernaut has dozens of new models to preview.† Listen to your customers.†

Those are tweaks you can make that take little time and would greatly reduce our constant bitching and your stress level.

Hi, and thanks so much for sharing this thoughtful and specific feedback today.†It sounds like you've got some pertinent experience, for sure. Please understand that Mike and I (along with Mike D and Sean and Jay, etc) are a team.† Though it may be preferred to get a response from one or the other, the messages we post come from the team, even if we say one thing today and then something different next week - information changes. Wink† Mike and I recently did an interactive broadcast together that was very well-received and we enjoyed it, so that's something we may look to do from time-to-time.†

We want the new site opened in the worst kind of way, but we cannot offer any real, reliable launch estimates until we have the nut in hand. We HATE making excuses and for my money, explanations and excuses are essentially the same thing. No matter how sincere, I hate the sound of them, so I don't want to over-talk about the new project when I can't honestly give you a reasonable expectation on when you will be able to buy.

I don't know if you follow us on Instagram (@herbiceps), but we do occasionally tease some of our new/upcoming shoots there. The plan is to use some of those elements you described once we have the new site ready, so thank you for that positive reinforcement.

Your counsel is quite sound: underpromise, then overdeliver.† We haven't reached that standard on our future member site, but suggestions from some viewers that it's somehow a "back burner item" that we "don't care about" are not close to being accurate.† It's because of that dedication to the would-be customers of the member site platform that we've put so much time into trying to make it happen. The development team is working 6+ days/week and some of the preliminary testing has begun. I think the production team has some 200+ shoots lined up for this year, so we anticipate that there will lots of good, new material for the members. If - as some have alleged - we "only care about new VODs for the VOD customers", that number would be much smaller and the amount of man-hours being allocated for member site development and content would also be significantly less.

We fully recognize and appreciate the frustration of longtime members who aren't happy with us, and we also fully understand and respect customers making the purchase decisions that are right for them. Everyone's patience is greatly appreciated and we hope everyone in the HB universe will give us the opportunity to earn your future business when the product offerings are right for you.

FemFlex.com - It's all about the muscle.
IP Logged

macdis

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #653 - May 14th, 2019 at 8:21pm

Stonebreaker wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 2:38pm:

-Communication in general.† Tre will at least respond which cushions the frustration a good deal, but it's something.† All customers want is timely responses for better or worse.† Even if it will disappoint them. Timeliness is key.† It should not take more than 24 hours no matter what for a legit complaint.† Especially for a site like this that rakes it in.† You're always going to have your ass hats with completely unreasonable demands, but most people will understand and be patient.

I agree 100%. I've been in an industry† for 25 years that thrives on new products as well as sales quotations. My motto has always been "Don't talk about a new model until it is 90 days out". In this way, you manage expectations and don't look poorly as when a product is a year out and then delayed. HB has really failed completely in managing expectations. You have over-promised to the highest degree and under-performed to the same level. The company I now work for ignorned my advice and announced a product last September. It will be a year late and we look like mud.

Do as I do now and STOP TALKING ABOUT IT. Bury the new site till you roll it out. This is Marketing 101.† Your failure is now over 2 years old and makes HB look like amateur hour.

I cancelled my membership because I have no faith in anything you tell us. Retain your current members by updating the current site on a weekly basis. Then delight them with an overnight roll out of the new site.

You don't need an MBA to figure this out !

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #654 - May 15th, 2019 at 8:54pm

Obviously, the HerBicepsPlus site has been a botch job.  I fully intended to underpromise and overdeliver early and midway through the process.  We are too far down the road to turn back, but recognize that each time we make a prediction, we've been off and let down by the team.

So, the ship has sailed on underpromising and overdelivered.  At this point, I'd prefer not to keep guessing wrong on when we will launch and just let you know when the site is ready to launch. 

At that point, it'll be a relief and hopefully you guys will like the new business model or at least understand it.  I'll go more in depth on all the changes and how the new site works once we get it launched.  We do have resources on the project, but they're overseas so we aren't "in the room".

As far as updates go, I'll take the bad on that...I had put a lot of time into putting stuff up on the new site, but that's not to much avail at the moment.  This was a mistake.  We have plenty to post here, but its been quite a project reimagining how we shoot and operate in all these different ways. 

The good news is that HerBiceps isn't going anywhere, and we will push through and get this site done.  There's no chance we close up shop or go out of business.  You probably know this, but our webcam business is still growing and improving year over year, for various reasons...one major one was the successful launch of the new HBCam platform and another major one was the advent of HerBiceps VOD.  Both of those successes allow us to spend as much time and money on HerBicepsPlus as we need to, and eventually get it right.

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

macdis

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #655 - May 18th, 2019 at 9:13pm

Mike wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 8:54pm:
As far as updates go, I'll take the bad on that...I had put a lot of time into putting stuff up on the new site, but that's not to much avail at the moment.† This was a mistake.† We have plenty to post here, but its been quite a project reimagining how we shoot and operate in all these different ways.†

Earn your former members back.

Put up new videos and images stat. you've done a bad job at that. No photo updates since early April.† Two small video updates since March.† †I quit because it's ridiculous.† Put a pin in HerBicepsPlus for the time being.†

IP Logged

Goodtimes
YaBB Newbies

Herbiceps

Reply #656 - May 18th, 2019 at 10:10pm

Mike how about some armwrestling clips? It be really nice to see some of those again it's been a while. I'm still waiting on syleena Adam's vs Chelsea keyasko

IP Logged

Plop13

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #657 - May 19th, 2019 at 12:50pm

Goodtimes wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 10:10pm:
Mike how about some armwrestling clips? It be really nice to see some of those again it's been a while. I'm still waiting on syleena Adam's vs Chelsea keyasko

There's no way they're ever releasing a good armwrestling match on the membership site again. Why would they ever waste it on that when they can release each 1 minute matchup on it's own "domination" VOD and charge 60+ credits a pop. They've made it clear that the webcams are very lucrative so it's very disappointing they don't use that to subsidise more substantial releases on the membership site.

IP Logged

Drummer
YaBB Newbies

Herbiceps

Reply #658 - May 19th, 2019 at 3:55pm

Why should I pay for a site every month with only one Update? Or waste my money to a VOD Video with content whitch could be good or not?
There are sites with updates once a week and I feel not bad If the Video I downloaded is nothing for me, because I payed for the whole contet and not only for a video.
Give me ONE reason why I should further pay for this membership ...

IP Logged

macdis

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #659 - May 19th, 2019 at 9:39pm

Drummer wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 3:55pm:
Why should I pay for a site every month with only one Update? Or waste my money to a VOD Video with content whitch could be good or not?
There are sites with updates once a week and I feel not bad If the Video I downloaded is nothing for me, because I payed for the whole contet and not only for a video.
Give me ONE reason why I should further pay for this membership ...

Just quit. Period. The webmasters clearly donít care about your business anymore. If you see that updates happen more often, then sign up again.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 
Send Topic Print