Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Mike, ... (Read 2521 times)
Entropia3D
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Mike, ...
Jan 31st, 2018 at 3:05am

you are such a conservative person. I made some interessiting suggestions, and always it'ts  made mad by you. Well. time changes, tech changess, You are at 20 years ago.  I get realy good fbb  videos, 20 minutes long, for the same price at your site. You still think that 1 minute  long vids are great?  No, they arn*t.
You are so behind. There are profesionals, far better doing what you do... You have the most and best girls.. this will change... Sorry, again, your are such conservative...and getting boring.
BTW: Every update has tons of mistakes.. it seems you are no more  interestet what you are doing. OK, it's up to you, but don't think we are idiots- Biecps flex, unflex, flex unflex..sooo boring... please look what others do... professionells..

IP Logged

Tre
God Member

Sacramento, CA
Re: Mike, ...
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 11:15pm

Hi, and thanks for your feedback.  I know that you addressed your message to Mike, but hopefully I can share a little perspective now and maybe he'll get a chance to respond with a little more detail and thoughts of his own later on. 

With respect to content, we've always sought out models who have an interest in working with us and one of the things that I urge (personally) is to seek out models who have a specific interest in showing off their physique for female muscle FANS.  There are lots of sites and photographers out there, true, but there are only a handful of true fan sites and we are glad to be included in that select group.  Not every model wants to work with HerBiceps, but we're very thankful for the ones who do.

We're most thankful, however, for the customers (mainly guys) who have supported our efforts over the years.  One of the traits that Mike and I share is that we enjoyed shooting what we enjoyed seeing and the shared sentiment was that we felt happy so many others out there had similar tastes. 

I would not agree that we're "conservative", per se.  Even if the basic functionality of HerBiceps.com remains quite similar to what customers enjoyed 10 years ago, most visitors know that they can get a much more dynamic experience by visiting  HerBicepsCam.  Membership is free and there are numerous hours of live, free chat every single day.  Webcam is not for everyone, but it is part of what's available in the HerBiceps Universe. 

But more in line with what you've come to expect from HerBiceps is the upcoming HerBiceps Plus site.  Some of the members are getting tired of hearing that it's "coming soon", but it's not hyperbole when we say that you are going to LOVE this site, which will be the first of its kind in the industry.  We don't want to give away all the juicy details now, but if you've been a member of HB in the past or if you've never even heard of us, the new site is going to change the way you think about *everything*.   Wink

If you have any specific examples of videos you would like to see more of, and if it can be done so without violating any copyrights (a YouTube sample direct from the producer would likely be safe), please feel free to share it here.  Even though we know a lot about what many customers want to see, we do not know everything and are always eager to learn.

Thanks again for your time and I look forward to viewing some of your samples. 

FemFlex.com - It's all about the muscle.
IP Logged

6789shav
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 11:17pm

Tre: your patience in dealing with this poster is commendable.

Myself, I continue to be amused at those who think everything about this site should be totally and only to their liking. I've been a paying member since 2002 or 2003 and may have seen about everything on these boards. But the ones who "always know better" than the site owner and staff continue to amaze.

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 7:04pm

Its not often I get accused of being conservative in life...but I welcome all praise and criticism equally.  We are trying to make a lot more of our videos 2-4 minutes, but there's still times where 30-90 seconds seems more appropriate.  For example, I like making the close up bicep peaks, measurements, most muscular poses and close up abs posing their own clips and sometimes we don't get longer cuts of those in each outfit.  I feel like even on the new site, there will be a lot of value in sectioning off footage so people can pull up all the most muscular videos if that's what they are into, etc etc

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

chipperpip
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 4:34pm

Just wanted to say, I mostly disagree with OP.  I like shorter clips, especially if they're focused on a particular body part/set of poses each, rather than long uncut ones where I feel like I have to become my own editor to find the parts I really like.

The upload mistakes are a valid gripe, with the duplicate videos and missing thumbnails, but to me those are more a minor annoyance than a serious issue.  A bigger problem structurally is the lack of a models list to browse, but hopefully that'll be fixed on the new site.

My only real problem with most of the videos, instead of the length, is that the combination of a sometimes unsteady camera and the high shutter speeds can make them not as clear as they could be.  I know the higher shutter speeds are technically clearer for individual frames, but they can also make movement seem choppier, which doesn't play that well with a handheld camera.  For an example, Zoltan Vegh's 1080p videos technically have a much lower bitrate than yours, but I don't get the same disorientating sense of choppiness from them, I think mostly because he probably uses a slower shutter speed for smoother movement (there may also be some encoding differences).  60 FPS would be a nice workaround, but I realize that would greatly increase your bandwidth/storage requirements.

As far as content suggestions, I'm pretty much always in favor of heavy oil use on the models (as well as the water-spray stuff you've been doing, mostly for VODs it seems- those are nice!), and women flexing their biceps and other parts in tight clothing (I know you've done some like that in the past, but I don't remember any recently, and it's pretty much always really sexy)

IP Logged

Sean
YaBB Administrator

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Las Vegas
Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 4:49pm

Chipperpip I think you mean slower shutter speed. Slower the shutter speed causes a slight stutter and blur in motion. Sometimes with low light situations, we are forced to go with those settings. Either that or a very dark video that you would complain is too dark. Bringing lights is great when we can bring it, but that is not always the case.

IP Logged

chipperpip
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #6 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 8:34pm

No, I meant what I said, without the natural motion blurring effect of leaving the shutter open longer, video can look more stark and choppy, especially with a moving camera.  A classic example is some of the shots from Saving Private Ryan, where Spielberg intentionally used a higher shutter speed to eliminate motion blur for that effect (technically shutter angle, but it's the same as the shutter speed on a digital camera).  I'm not saying your videos are that extreme, but hopefully you can see what I'm getting at.  It's an aesthetic choice on some level, but when shooting beautiful rippling muscles I'd think you'd want to stay well away from looking like the D-Day invasion :)

Like I said, if you were shooting at 60 FPS those kinds of shutter speeds would work better, but at 24/30 FPS I think you need a little more motion blur to trick the eye into seeing smooth continuous movement.  It's mostly an issue I've noticed with your outdoor shoots, where like you mentioned I assume you're using higher shutter speeds because of the available light.

I'm kind of curious, what kind of shutter speeds do you generally use for your sunnier outdoor shoots?

IP Logged

Sean
YaBB Administrator

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Las Vegas
Reply #7 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:02pm

Everything we shot last year is 60p. Ideally the stutter I aim for is 1/120th- 1/500. I rarely shoot at very high shutter speeds. In low light situations I am almost always shooting at 1/60th or even 1/30th to get better exposure.

I disagree with you that having a higher shutter speed causes the footage to look choppier  Smiley

IP Logged

xhero
God Member

\m/*-*\m/

Reply #8 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:39pm

You're going nerd guys lol
I personally prefer good natural light where you can see girls at their best, I appreciate the "dark-artistic" try but honestly I don't like it, anyway that's just my 2 cents, less is more, at least in my vision.

IP Logged

chipperpip
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 3:55am

Sean wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:02pm:
I disagree with you that having a higher shutter speed causes the footage to look choppier  Smiley

I mean, it's not really a matter of opinion that a lack of motion blur makes for less smooth transitions between frames, that said I can understand preferring clearer individual frames instead.  I just think something like 1/250 or 1/500 is too high for this type of video; it's not like your indoor videos where you're at 1/60 or so are super blurry, and I think they move nicer.  The harsh staccato look of the higher speeds is just kind of unpleasant to me (saying they're "less clear" than they could be was bad wording on my part, "less smooth" would have been better).

Everything we shot last year is 60p

Assuming I'm reading this correctly, I don't recall seeing any 60FPS videos from the site, unless my media player is lying to me and not playing them back properly.  Are the videos currently being posted taken before last year?  Because doubling the framerate would pretty much fix the issues I had with the movement smoothness.
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:14am by chipperpip »  

IP Logged

Tre
God Member

Sacramento, CA
Reply #10 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:51am

You're both generally right, because your eye sees what it sees.

chipperpip wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 3:55am:
Assuming I'm reading this correctly, I don't recall seeing any 60FPS videos from the site, unless my media player is lying to me and not playing them back properly.

Videos that are originally recorded at 60 or even 120fps may be rendered for playback at 30fps, so not seeing something does not necessarily mean that it did not happen. Wink

FemFlex.com - It's all about the muscle.
IP Logged

autechre
YaBB Newbies

New Zealand
Reply #11 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 8:46pm

chipperpip wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 3:55am:
Everything we shot last year is 60p

Assuming I'm reading this correctly, I don't recall seeing any 60FPS videos from the site

I would say they're shooting in 60fps so they can do smooth slow-mos in post when they're editing it. Not to present the videos to us at 60fps.

Personally, I haven't noticed any issues with a high shutter speed. I'm more annoyed with the videos that are overly dark for no particular reason or super jerky camera work that could have been edited out.

http://facebook.com/pwgphoto  
IP Logged

chipperpip
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #12 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:25am

autechre wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 8:46pm:
I would say they're shooting in 60fps so they can do smooth slow-mos in post when they're editing it. Not to present the videos to us at 60fps.

Oh, then that seems mostly irrelevant for these purposes unless the downconversion is being done with frame blending/added motion blur instead of just throwing away every other frame for the normal speed parts.

autechre wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 8:46pm:
Personally, I haven't noticed any issues with a high shutter speed. I'm more annoyed with the videos that are overly dark for no particular reason or super jerky camera work that could have been edited out.

Slower shutter speeds smooth over unsteady camera movements to some extent, that was one of my original points.

IP Logged

Sean
YaBB Administrator

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Las Vegas
Reply #13 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 8:16am

Yeah we shoot at 60p only for the option to go slow motion. It sounds like you are a filmmaker.

IP Logged

chipperpip
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #14 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:52am

Ha no, but I did used to work for Canon.  I hope the Saving Private Ryan clip I linked is a good demonstration of the effect I'm talking about, and something to keep in mind even if you do decide to stick to the sharper-but-choppier look in outdoor shoots.

The last thing I'll say is that the usual rule of thumb for smooth movement in video as I understand it is to keep the shutter speed at around double the framerate (so 1/60 at 30FPS, 1/120 at 60FPS and so on, good example videos here), and if you're shooting at 60FPS but downconverting to 30 with no frame blending etc, the effective framerate is still 30 and you'd usually want to stick within a stop or so of 1/60 shutter speed unless you're going for a specific aesthetic look (which like I said, you might still be).  Thanks for listening, all of you.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print