Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
WOH women (Read 7726 times)
Jon stunner
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

WOH women
Feb 25th, 2018 at 12:47pm

Since their getting their own title, I think they finally deserve their own thread. And will start with kelly Klein

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Re: WOH women
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 5:27pm

Video of all the WOH tournament matches so far, including the two latest, which only got clip packages on TV (Kelly Klein vs. Bonesaw Brooks and Deonna Purrazzo vs. Holidead, who's got a Rosemary-like gimmick and a power-wrestling style, at least against an opponent Deonna's size):

http://www.diva-dirt.com/144026/women-honor-1st-round-results/

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 6:37pm

Recommended viewing on this weekend's ROH: Kelly Klein vs. Mandy Leon.  Far better than Mandy's match with Madison Rayne.  Really well laid out -- physical and intense all the way, with good psychology and a sneaky twist at the end that leaves both women's characters looking strong, in a way that builds the division rather than simply establishing a pecking order.

Kelly is really good here: Watch for her T-bone suplex off the top rope. Mandy gets lost at one point -- a minute or so before the commercial break, Kelly has to stand and wait for her -- but otherwise is on point and pulls off some cool stuff.  Both of them have their facials down.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 4:27am

kam16 wrote on Mar 24th, 2018 at 6:37pm:
Recommended viewing on this weekend's ROH: Kelly Klein vs. Mandy Leon. Far better than Mandy's match with Madison Rayne. Really well laid out -- physical and intense all the way, with good psychology and a sneaky twist at the end that leaves both women's characters looking strong, in a way that builds the division rather than simply establishing a pecking order.

Kelly is really good here: Watch for her T-bone suplex off the top rope. Mandy gets lost at one point -- a minute or so before the commercial break, Kelly has to stand and wait for her -- but otherwise is on point and pulls off some cool stuff. Both of them have their facials down.

For those who didn't see it, this match is now online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=bF5_kFUy2Ds

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 5:31am

Well! Of the four women in the finals, the one I least expected to win the belt did tonight: Sumie Sakai, beating first Tenille Dashwood and then Kelly Klein. Sumie had the least build of any of them, but she's worked in the company longer, so she's got a reward she's well earned.  Congratulations to her!

IP Logged

Jon stunner
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 11:33am

kam16 wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 5:31am:
Well! Of the four women in the finals, the one I least expected to win the belt did tonight: Sumie Sakai, beating first Tenille Dashwood and then Kelly Klein. Sumie had the least build of any of them, but she's worked in the company longer, so she's got a reward she's well earned. Congratulations to her!

Yeah I知 happy for Sumie. I don稚 expect for her to hold it for long, probably next ppv she値l lose it to Tenille or deonna.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #6 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 3:18pm

Jon stunner wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 11:33am:
Well! Of the four women in the finals, the one I least expected to win the belt did tonight: Sumie Sakai, beating first Tenille Dashwood and then Kelly Klein. Sumie had the least build of any of them, but she's worked in the company longer, so she's got a reward she's well earned. Congratulations to her!

Yeah I知 happy for Sumie. I don稚 expect for her to hold it for long, probably next ppv she値l lose it to Tenille or deonna.

Not only was she in the first women's match in the company (June 2002), but she's 46 years old -- the oldest champion the company has ever had, if Wikipedia is right. Her first match of any kind was 21 years ago (April 1997), so she's really put in her time!

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #7 - Apr 21st, 2018 at 9:04pm

kam16 wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 3:18pm:
Jon stunner wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 11:33am:

Not only was she in the first women's match in the company (June 2002), but she's 46 years old -- the oldest champion the company has ever had, if Wikipedia is right. Her first match of any kind was 21 years ago (April 1997), so she's really put in her time!

Here's a treat: This weekend's Ring of Honor episode is devoted to the semifinal and final matches of the women's tournament, culminating in Sumie's win -- which ends a little abruptly, BTW, so don't look away.

Best match is the first one, in my opinion -- Kelly Klein vs. Mayu Iwatami. Tenille and Sumie is a close second. The semifinal matches have more crowd heat than the championship, I think because the crowd was anticipating Tenille would be in it. But the other faces in the division come out to ringside in the closing minutes to get the crowd going. (Look sharp and you'll see some nice Deonna Purrazzo tricep action.) Don't know if that was planned in advance or if someone called an audible in the back, but either way, it was a good move.

You'll even see Daffney make an appearance. She gets announced before the final match and looks delighted to be there.

I read a few days ago that Tenille and ROH are working on a long-term contract. That might explain why she didn't win the belt right out of the gate. I'd be surprised if she doesn't have it within less than a year.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #8 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 7:46pm

Watch this week's ROH and a little past the halfway mark, you'll see Kelly Klein pull off a great feat of strength: A combo Samoan drop/fallaway slam on two women (Karen Q and Madison Rayne, respectively).

You'll also see the next women's # 1 contender chosen. No spoilers yet, since the show hasn't aired for most of you.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #9 - Oct 12th, 2018 at 8:21pm

Pretty good Madison Rayne profile by former WWE writer Kevin Eck:

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2018/10/10/roh-star-madison-rayne-enjoying-career...

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Maestro Of The Dawg Pound

Reply #10 - Oct 12th, 2018 at 8:51pm

I wonder if the match between Sumie Sukai and Tenille Dashwood will be the passing of the torch.  Sumie has been the champion for quite a long time without any serious challengers.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Duke of Reason

Reply #11 - Oct 12th, 2018 at 10:23pm

MaestroDawg65 wrote on Oct 12th, 2018 at 8:51pm:
I wonder if the match between Sumie Sukai and Tenille Dashwood will be the passing of the torch. Sumie has been the champion for quite a long time without any serious challengers.

It was supposed to be, but . . . 

SPOILER

Tenille will be out of action for quite a while due to shoulder surgery and some protocols to treat her psoriasis. This match was the prelude to her hiatus.

IP Logged

Kam61

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #12 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 2:29am

This is Madison Rayne from her TNA days, but she's Women of Honor now, so .

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dt45LGbW0AAT0u6.jpg

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Maestro Of The Dawg Pound

Reply #13 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 8:51pm

I wonder if this upcoming four way dance at Final Battle will lead to Sumie passing the torch to Kelly Klein.  The entire WOH concept is about as bad, or worse than WWE relegating wrestlers to their Main Event program.  If they put the strap on Kelly, maybe they could invite in some challengers and vamp up interest in the title.  Otherwise, it might be time to drop it.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Duke of Reason

Reply #14 - Dec 10th, 2018 at 1:11am

MaestroDawg65 wrote on Dec 9th, 2018 at 8:51pm:
I wonder if this upcoming four way dance at Final Battle will lead to Sumie passing the torch to Kelly Klein. The entire WOH concept is about as bad, or worse than WWE relegating wrestlers to their Main Event program. If they put the strap on Kelly, maybe they could invite in some challengers and vamp up interest in the title. Otherwise, it might be time to drop it.

That was the plan, but that plan was set up for Tenille. Now she痴 injured with no current set date for her return. So it痴 interesting to see how they pivot from here.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print