Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
General VOD Discussion (Read 4855 times)
Tre
God Member

Sacramento, CA
General VOD Discussion
Apr 1st, 2018 at 9:02pm

Since the VOD conversation has little to do with the main site updates and because we are looking to really increase the overall number of VODs available over the next year, the VOD topic seems worthy of its own thread.†

Entropia3D wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 11:34am:
I once spent 25 $ for VOD, and I guess I will never again.
I was in 80% disapointed. Deciding on 2-4 small bad quality preview pics which vids to buy is a pain.
Some vids didn't really show what the pics expected, then some vids were bad quality and the best, there are vids from the main site so I had dups.
It's not possible from this tiny bad preview pics to see if it's a vid from a session that was on the main site, or an additional vid from that session. You should really mark these vids so that main site subcribers don't feel fooled.
And I think, presenting these VOD vids much better will make better sales.

We're sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your purchases because the quality did not meet your expectations.† We appreciate all customer feedback, because our goal is to deliver value for your money with every release.

Please email us at help@herbicepscam.com and let us know which content you ended up purchasing twice and we will arrange a refund or service credit for the duplicates.†

FemFlex.com - It's all about the muscle.
IP Logged

Tre
God Member

Sacramento, CA
Re: General VOD Discussion
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 9:04pm

Kurtis Trent wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 1:15pm:
Please make VOD downloadable!!

Working on it. Wink

IP Logged

Tre
God Member

Sacramento, CA
Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 12:38am

xhero wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 4:17pm:
I agree about the dark videos, nice try but it's frustrating you can't see every single line in her unreal muscles, I guess just uploading videos might be boring and a bit of artwork can give some breath to creativity but yep, definitely not a good one, at least to my eyes.

You nailed it in bold.† Neither the producers nor the models want the same shoot every single time.† You have to mix things up, you have to experiment, you have to fail....you have to do the occasional shoot that misses the mark, otherwise you're just not trying.† We totally get how frustrating it can be to not get what you thought you were paying for.†You pay the money for a good product, you expect to receive a good product.† Think about it, why is McDonald's so successful?† Because the french fries taste the same in Georgia as they do in Oregon and they deliver the same product millions and millions of times in a way that their customers like.†

But making french fries isn't art.† Potatoes don't show up with their own styles or goals. They just jump in the fryer and cook.† Even when you have a shoot perfectly formatted, you're still at the mercy of weather, lighting, location limitations, relationship troubles, bad placings...whatever. No excuses, of course, but we're at a major disadvantage when we build a 4-hour time block around 2 models and they are not able to deliver for whatever reason.†

Speaking purely about creativity, we have lots of conversations about what we'd like to see, what we'd like to try and it always comes back to what we think our customers might enjoy.† Sometimes, we're going to miss badly, but we'd like to think that, more often than not, customers are happy with what they've paid for.† And when you're not, we want to know about it.†

xhero wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 4:23pm:
That's another thing that could be drastically improved.
Preview is definitely poor and does not give clue enough about what you should expect, there's few videos I'm pretty much disappointed about, feeling like money lost - without any offense toward the involved models - I would have definitely purchased other videos of there were more details. Again I am pretty sure it's a† work in progress for HB guys, so if you are reading this please improve this feature,thank you.

Yes, this is something that we're still very much in the early stages of learning.† Thank you for your feedback, your patience, and for giving us a chance to improve what we're doing.† In the future, you can expect the descriptions to be a little bit more, well, descriptive.† We don't like to give too much away in terms of spoilers, but will endeavor to do better in setting up the story for the prospective viewer to dive into.

Thanks for your time and for your continued business, everyone.

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 6:44am

I happen to think our high contrast hot light stuff work is generally very good...we donít do it to be artistic...we do it to be intense and awesome...and Iíve been shooting a portion or out material that way for a long time.  It sometimes works better than others, and I know itís not what everybody wants, but pretty much nothing is.  You donít like it but others do...you like something else and others donít.  Pretty standard.

Not everybody is going to like every video, but we will be seeking direct feedback in the future.  Theyíll be an option to rate and leave feedback.  If youíre a good customer and you regret purchasing a video, we will likely refund the credits to your account.  We want you to be happy with your purchase and I try to price them fairly given length, rarity, specialness, intensity, how much the model demands...but what Iíd like to do is make each video a good value and have lots of customers buy a high percentage of them because they start to rely on that.

So please give lots of feedback. But be specific and try to maintain the perspective that your opinion is valuable, but still just an opinion Smiley

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

Stonebreaker

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 10:11am

Here is my hopefully helpful feedback for purchasing VOD - mostly positive.

There are earlier ones that are compilations are old footage found on the site - like Rebekah Kresila Kristy Enos, Angie Salvagno, Rene Marven, Tracey Weller and Emory Miller off the top of my head, but the ones released in the past few months are new footage.† If it's an older shoot - chances are that if you are a member here you can find it.

As for the "newer" stuff, there was maybe only one or two misleading clip ones are where I couldn't see the models face in the preview.

The descriptions also can't be read completely in some instances if they are longer than a sentence tt cuts off though you can mostly get the gist of it.

In almost all instances, if it mentions specific muscle groups in the description, they are the complete focus of the clip so those clips are pretty clear that you are getting what you pay for.

But really - some of the newer clips are the best biceps muscle clips I've ever seen - particularly the new Jodi Leigh one, along with Natalie Coehlo, Wendy Fortino and Eleonara Dobrinina to name a few.† They are well worth it and I recommend doing the VIP thing to maximize your value.

IP Logged

Tre
God Member

Sacramento, CA
Reply #5 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 4:13am

oresto94a wrote on Apr 27th, 2018 at 5:15pm:
It's rly sad when i asked for Kalli S. videos no one cared about it, always talking that editing takes a lot of time, but when it comes to make money from VOD it turned that editing isnt so hard and its no problem to make 7+ min video. Shame on you guys that you can't upload videos for site, for FKIN members but to fkin VOD you have time to edit and post new videos...

We're pretty transparent about the fact that certain content is prepped for release on the VOD store, while other content is published to the member site.† We've also been open about the fact that the many different sides of our entire operation are managed differently.†

When you look at our entire history, you can see that we've released only a tiny amount of long-form/VOD/DVD products compared to the mini-clips and until very recently, we had largely neglected the VOD customers for years.† We have to look out for them, too. Smiley

IP Logged

Tre
God Member

Sacramento, CA
Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 4:18am

Plop13 wrote on Apr 27th, 2018 at 5:52pm:
I don't think there's any need to be quite so vitrolic, it's obvious the VOD's are going to be of a higher quality with more effort put into them.

But I agree that the gulf between the main site and VOD is HUGE now. Virtually anything that isn't just plain flexing is uploaded to the VOD site.

Maybe upload at least some of the plentiful strength videos to the main site? There's only been like 5 armwrestling shoots on the main site since mid last December, yet it seems there's a new armwrestling/squat contest/pushup contest/flexing combo on VOD every week.

As I said, I can't blame you for putting your higher quality content on VOD, but it's a shame the "main" site seems pretty obsolete by comparison. Sorry if this comes across as overly aggressive and I don't mean to tell you how to run your business. Just voicing my opinions.

Thank you for this feedback.† Please note my point above about the huge chasm that existed for years between the member content and the VOD store.† In time, we'll find a workable balance. Many of these issues will work themselves out once our time allocation shifts to populating the new site and away from being so singularly focused on building the new site so that we can launch.

The game is about to change.... Wink

IP Logged

Tre
God Member

Sacramento, CA
Reply #7 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 4:28am

oresto94a wrote on Apr 27th, 2018 at 7:40pm:
Its not even about higher quality or smth, but i asked for Kalli vids like 2-3 months ago... Someone asked for Corinne Mechan vids like 4 months ago, and they dont care about it, but intead of upload their vids they put it to VOD section even though we asked for it long time ago....

You asked, we delivered.† Smiley

bombomper wrote on Apr 28th, 2018 at 12:59am:
When they release content is their prerogative, as far as I'm concerned, but I was hoping the Kalli video wouldn't be as lackluster in quality as it eventually turned out to be.

I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with this video, but she's got a pretty spectacular physique and this was her first video shoot ever.  I'll admit my bias, but the lighting is good, and her physique is out of this world.  It's rare to see a figure competitor with 16-inch biceps, so I'm all in on this one. 

Thank you for your purchase - we're definitely interested in any specific feedback you might have about this video or any other as we want to constantly improve our product offerings.

IP Logged

Tre
God Member

Sacramento, CA
Reply #8 - May 7th, 2018 at 11:59am

bombomper wrote on May 3rd, 2018 at 5:15am:
Newest update is riddled with duplicates and the newest VOD has a single preview picture...

EDIT: I took a gamble on the VOD and was pleasantly surprised. She rivals Hailey Delf!

Anna Norberg's peaks are special. She's an all-timer in that department.

IP Logged

McMoney
YaBB Newbies

Herbiceps

Reply #9 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 9:02am

Tre wrote on Apr 28th, 2018 at 4:13am:
It's rly sad when i asked for Kalli S. videos no one cared about it, always talking that editing takes a lot of time, but when it comes to make money from VOD it turned that editing isnt so hard and its no problem to make 7+ min video. Shame on you guys that you can't upload videos for site, for FKIN members but to fkin VOD you have time to edit and post new videos...

We're pretty transparent about the fact that certain content is prepped for release on the VOD store, while other content is published to the member site.† We've also been open about the fact that the many different sides of our entire operation are managed differently.†

When you look at our entire history, you can see that we've released only a tiny amount of long-form/VOD/DVD products compared to the mini-clips and until very recently, we had largely neglected the VOD customers for years.† We have to look out for them, too. Smiley

It's pretty clear your guys focus is VOD now. I'm not sure what you intend with HB+, but it seems to me you guys dont want to sell your stuff for a monthly price anymore. If that's your intention, it's your call. Choosing to not cut up videos and release for a monthly fee, but instead keeping them as one video and charging the same price as your old monthly membership, yes it's transparent. It's transparently a much lesser product. If the market warrants it, I get the business move. But it's not a good move for your user base IMHO and will only turn off more as time goes on. Regards.

IP Logged

Tre
God Member

Sacramento, CA
Reply #10 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:57am

McMoney wrote on Jul 7th, 2018 at 9:02am:
It's pretty clear your guys focus is VOD now. I'm not sure what you intend with HB+, but it seems to me you guys dont want to sell your stuff for a monthly price anymore. If that's your intention, it's your call. Choosing to not cut up videos and release for a monthly fee, but instead keeping them as one video and charging the same price as your old monthly membership, yes it's transparent. It's transparently a much lesser product. If the market warrants it, I get the business move. But it's not a good move for your user base IMHO and will only turn off more as time goes on. Regards.

We appreciate the feedback and also your business over the years.† Everyone hates excuses and we're included in that "everyone".† We hate making them, we hate hearing them.†

We may offer a more in-depth look at the process at some point in the future, but for now, apart from what Mike outlined in the other thread, nothing can be said, because we are not on the other side yet.† I know some users do care about the nuts and bolts of what goes into generating value from a site, but most just want something that works, every time, for a good price.† We totally get it, because we want the same thing.

We do intend to maintain a thriving member site and live cam site, while moving more into the VOD marketplace, a space that needs a lot more attention than we have given it the past decade-plus.

IP Logged

Mike
YaBB Administrator

Herbiceps

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 3:27am

we're basically doing some extra shooting on VOD and have been focused on those edits, but many clips from all those shoots will be available as we catch up on clips...different process, some different people and the imbalance is my fault...but will be rectified moving forward

WWW http://myspace.com/herbiceps http://facebook.com/eckstut herbiceps  
IP Logged

ColdFire

The Universe's Butt Puppet

Reply #12 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 12:45am

...instead keeping them as one video and charging the same price as your old monthly membership...

I personally prefer this method a million times over. I'd rather buy an entire, intact video for a one-time price than have clips cut up and released over the course of several months, or even years. So much nicer to download a video and be able to watch all of it right away than download a few clips, add it to a VLC playlist, download more clips later, add it to the playlist, and so on. Over the past 10 years or so, I've rarely become a member of any site, but I've downloaded a helluva lot of full clips for one-time prices.

IP Logged

MisterM

Herbiceps Rocks

Reply #13 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:20am

I have to agree with McMoney here. I've been a subscriber for gotta be nearly 14-15 years now, and it's very annoying how all the best armwrestling and lift and carry clips go to the VOD these days. It's even clear that some of them were slated to be on the main site, as they carry herbiceps.com stamps on the video instead of the herbicepscam.com stamps, and sometimes come from the same shoots as clips on the main site. If it's about making more money, I'd rather pay a few bucks more a month to get the best content then be nickled and dimed into buying the best clips from shoots that have been withheld from us. Just my two cents as a customer for over a decade.

Tre wrote on Apr 28th, 2018 at 4:13am:

arcang7  
IP Logged

MisterM

Herbiceps Rocks

Reply #14 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:26am

And I just want to be clear, I appreciate all the work you guys have done over the years. It's still the best site for this stuff online, it's just noticeably declined in quality for me the past 2-3 years. The HD quality is better than ever, but the clips themselves are not.

arcang7  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print