Pages: 1 2 3 ... 43
Send Topic Print
WWE Women XI (Read 102050 times)
kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

WWE Women XI
Apr 23rd, 2018 at 5:53pm

The last WWE Women thread is over 100 pages, so let's start a new one.  Here's Becky Lynch looking especially fine:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbefaHHU8AE_bMT.jpg

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Duke of Reason

Re: WWE Women XI
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 5:09am

So it looks like theyíre feeding Mickie to Ronda. Not a bad choice. Down the line they can still feed Nattie to her too, and sheíll get the benefits from working with two of the best workers.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 5:26am

spin wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 5:09am:
So it looks like theyíre feeding Mickie to Ronda. Not a bad choice. Down the line they can still feed Nattie to her too, and sheíll get the benefits from working with two of the best workers.

Yes -- and the last two weeks have been reminders of just how good those two are.† Last week, Mickie sold Ember Moon's Eclipse like a champ ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KU1dmGlLvE

... and this week, Nattie was outstanding selling her "injury" -- so expertly that I wasn't entirely sure it was a work until Mickie attacked her again.† (Besides, Sarah Logan -- who took out the knee -- scares me a bit.† Veteran though she is, her execution occasionally seems a little off.)

These two are such pros.† By the time Ronda gets to the bigger names, she'll have learned a lot.† (Ronda is actually doing house shows on an upcoming European tour, and she'll be working with Mickie.)

P.S.  Speaking of women who are really good at what they do, Alexa Bliss doing "A Moment of Bliss" just nails her material.  This kind of smarminess is perfect for her.

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Maestro Of The Dawg Pound

Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 3:00pm

kam16 wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 5:26am:
P.S.† Speaking of women who are really good at what they do, Alexa Bliss doing "A Moment of Bliss" just nails her material.† This kind of smarminess is perfect for her.

It's quite obvious now that they are protecting Alexa from not injuring herself after her rumored cosmetic surgery.† Having her come to the ring in a t-shirt, and she never even entered the match.† The lone bump that she took was from her falling on her own, away from the avalanche Nia put onto everyone else.†

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #4 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 3:44am

MaestroDawg65 wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 3:00pm:
P.S.† Speaking of women who are really good at what they do, Alexa Bliss doing "A Moment of Bliss" just nails her material.† This kind of smarminess is perfect for her.

It's quite obvious now that they are protecting Alexa from not injuring herself after her rumored cosmetic surgery.† Having her come to the ring in a t-shirt, and she never even entered the match.† The lone bump that she took was from her falling on her own, away from the avalanche Nia put onto everyone else.†

Yes, sheís gotta protect that boob job until her big upcoming match with Nia in Saudi Ar - - oh wait, are the women allowed to wrestle in Saudi Arabia?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #5 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 4:51am

spin wrote on Apr 25th, 2018 at 3:44am:
MaestroDawg65 wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 3:00pm:

Yes, sheís gotta protect that boob job until her big upcoming match with Nia in Saudi Ar - - oh wait, are the women allowed to wrestle in Saudi Arabia?† Roll Eyes

Off the subject of the women for a moment, anyone else think Roman Reigns may beat Brock Lesnar for the belt there?  They only changed the Mania result at the last minute because Vince didn't want the crowd to boo.  (Apparently it took him that long to figure out that would happen.)  But that's going to happen anywhere in the U.S., and Vince wants to make the change somewhere. In Saudi Arabia they'd probably pop for it.  Odds are that they don't hate Reigns there, and they'd love a big-time title change at this show.  In fact, after five or six hours or however long it is, they'd better get one!

Also, though they haven't mentioned this in the hype, cage matches typically can be won by escaping.  So Lesnar wouldn't have to take the fall, and the crowd could be driven into a frenzy with the teases.

Lot of things make sense about this.  We don't know how long Lesnar's new contract runs.  It may be very short term since he wants to get back to MMA. 

Seems like this would be the least painful way for Vince to do what Vince wants to do.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #6 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 5:01am

Brock is on a match to match deal; $675,000 per match and $175,000 just to stand next to Paul at Raw. As long as they pay him, heíll be there.

Hereís a plan I heard the day. Roman spears him through the door; Brock lands first and wins. I donít think thatís what they do; I think Roman wins. The catch here is that heíll be winning at 4pm on the East Coast on a Friday; not many will see this live. So itís possible but not likely that theyíll delay the inevitable once again.

** Correction on Brockís numbers. Itís $637,000 per match and $127,000 per appearance.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2018 at 6:18pm by spin »  

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Reply #7 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 10:46pm

spin wrote on Apr 25th, 2018 at 5:01am:
Hereís a plan I heard the day. Roman spears him through the door; Brock lands first and wins. I donít think thatís what they do; I think Roman wins. The catch here is that heíll be winning at 4pm on the East Coast on a Friday; not many will see this live. So itís possible but not likely that theyíll delay the inevitable once again.

Ah, reminiscent of Jimmy Snuka headbutting Don Muraco, and Muraco falling through the ropes and out the door.  Or in fairly recent years, when Big Show blasted open a section of the cage, swinging it open.  Steve Austin rode it, landing on the floor. 

As for the previous question of the Divas wrestling in Saudi Arabia, as far as I know, none of them are scheduled in matches.  Maybe they'll do what Sasha and Bayley did years ago and have ladies wrestle more fully clothed.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #8 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 1:19am

Brock is on a match to match deal; $675,000 per match and $175,000 just to stand next to Paul at Raw. As long as they pay him, heíll be there.

** Correction on Brockís numbers. Itís $637,000 per match and $127,000 per appearance.

Why is VKM so enamoured with Lesnar ? Am I the only that thinks he just isn't all that ? Not at this point anyway. Early in his career perhaps. Not for that money anyway. I don't think the fans care THAT much about him. He's not even all that well liked among his peers.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Reply #9 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 2:56am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 1:19am:

Why is VKM so enamoured with Lesnar ? Am I the only that thinks he just isn't all that ? Not at this point anyway. Early in his career perhaps. Not for that money anyway. I don't think the fans care THAT much about him. He's not even all that well liked among his peers.

Even weirder yet, the guy looks like he's 50.  And I share the same birth date as him!  7/12/77.  Well, he wasn't blessed with a youthful look.  Giant Neanderthal head and a crew cut.  Maybe THAT'S VKM's attraction!   Since he had a huge fling with his wresters being cartoon characters.  The guy just looks like a comic book character.  Either, The Incredible Hulk or The Thing.  I've kinda grown tired of him having Heyman be his mouthpiece.  The guy obviously isn't Kongo Kong!  Doing all his bidding for Jimmy Jacobs.  He thinks and acts all his own.  He's a known figure outside of the ring.  Why can't he speak?  Just seems silly now.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #10 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:47am

He doesnít even associate with his peers! He flies in on the corporate WWE Jet the day of his show. Has his own locker room. Heyman lays out all his matches and goes the format with his opponent. On PPVís he sticks to script, but for his house show matches he sometimes gets lazy and just wants to get his suplexes in and go home. He stays just professional enough that he has no big heat with the guys, but he stays apart and likes it that way. I read that the guy he is friendly with is Goldberg.

And thatís why he doesnít talk much, though he can. Heís got Heyman to all his grunt work, and since the company has to pay Heyman anyway, obviously theyíre going to have him do the talking. In UFC heíll talk, because theyíre not paying Heyman.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #11 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 5:56am

spin wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:47am:

He doesnít even associate with his peers! He flies in on the corporate WWE Jet the day of his show. Has his own locker room. Heyman lays out all his matches and goes the format with his opponent. On PPVís he sticks to script, but for his house show matches he sometimes gets lazy and just wants to get his suplexes in and go home. He stays just professional enough that he has no big heat with the guys, but he stays apart and likes it that way. I read that the guy he is friendly with is Goldberg.

And thatís why he doesnít talk much, though he can. Heís got Heyman to all his grunt work, and since the company has to pay Heyman anyway, obviously theyíre going to have him do the talking. In UFC heíll talk, because theyíre not paying Heyman.

Add me to the list of people who think Brock's act is played out.  His repertoire is basically his own version of the Five Moves of Doom, only it's more like two or three moves. Not that he can't do more, of course.  But he and/or Heyman don't want him to. 

True, his return a few years ago was a big deal at the time, and brought some genuinely shocking and buzzworthy moments (brutalizing Cena, breaking Taker's streak, losing to Goldberg).  But it's dragged on too long and gotten very stale. 

There's been too much sacrificing the roster to Lesnar.  He should be a special attraction, not the title holder, much less for the better part of two or three years.  (The lines they've given Reigns are right: The champ should be a full-timer.)  No way he should have beaten Strowman clean -- and with a single F-5 at that. (To me, BTW, his finisher doesn't look all that devastating -- much less so than Strowman's does). 

And yeah, Brock doesn't look good either.  Still obviously hugely powerful, but flabby and red-faced when a match goes any length of time.  To return to Strowman one more time, he would have been the perfect one to beat Lesnar for the belt.  I can hear Cole or Graves now: "The Monster Among Men is now The New Beast of WWE."

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #12 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 6:10am

spin wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:47am:

Still the bottom line is he is not worth the cost (IMHO) and who really wants to see him ? Ronda Rousey on her name alone will bring more people to a WWE show than Lesnar now. Sure he's good (when he wants to be ) in the ring but he has zero personality and his matches aren't all that great. There is just little to care about there. Undertaker didn't talk much but the few words he did say had meaning and he had personality without having to be talkative. The women aside, there are at least 15-20 guys on the roster more entertaining, interesting, and have better matches than Brock Lesnar does and they probably don't get paid a quarter of what he does and yet probably bring in more fans consistently. Actually calling Lesnar a "Neanderthal" is probably an insult to them. Lesnar looks more like your stereotypical steroid, musclehead psychopathic serial killer you could find in any high profile maximum security prison. But whatever, it's not my money paying for him and I don't waste my time watching his segments anymore. Let's just hope VKM doesn't get any ideas about bringing Lesnar's daughter in down the road.  Roll Eyes

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #13 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 8:00pm

Alexa early into her wrestling career.

https://scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagram.com/vp/a3195bbc0b84a710f2e5972d63aa6c10/5B7
DBA6E/t51.2885-15/e35/29094693_378521532624569_7432785538198798336_n.jpg

IP Logged

wgonzo64
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #14 - Apr 27th, 2018 at 3:03am

First of all  thank you thank you thank you  I was going to ask if there was a pic of her flexing out there   just perfect
  second if there is not   how come  there is NO THREAD dedicated to Alexa??????????

also I read that form champ Eve Torrez was on an episode of supergirl       did I miss that ??????

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 43
Send Topic Print