Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 54
Send Topic Print
WWE Women XI (Read 127392 times)
kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Re: WWE Women XI
Reply #15 - Apr 27th, 2018 at 4:32am

wgonzo64 wrote on Apr 27th, 2018 at 3:03am:
† †also I read that form champ Eve Torrez was on an episode of supergirl† †† † did I miss that ??????

That was a couple years ago, and it was a pretty quick cameo -- like, two minutes.  It's all here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdUd8Z8UrnY

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #16 - Apr 27th, 2018 at 5:09am

First of all† thank you thank you thank you† I was going to ask if there was a pic of her flexing out there† †just perfect
† second if there is not† †how come† there is NO THREAD dedicated to Alexa??????????

If Alexa starts posting more show off and or flex pics then maybe she'll get one. You could always start one if you want, I just don't think there is enough out there yet to really warrant her own thread.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #17 - Apr 27th, 2018 at 5:49am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Apr 27th, 2018 at 5:09am:
First of all† thank you thank you thank you† I was going to ask if there was a pic of her flexing out there† †just perfect
† second if there is not† †how come† there is NO THREAD dedicated to Alexa??????????

If Alexa starts posting more show off and or flex pics then maybe she'll get one. You could always start one if you want, I just don't think there is enough out there yet to really warrant her own thread.

For an ex-physique contestant, Lexi Kaufman (the name to search under from those days) has remarkably few muscle/flexing shots out there, and does virtually no new ones.† So I'd keep her in this thread too.† But here are a couple of old ones:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/cf/f3/c9cff3360cd20aff580254fce0efc693.jpg

http://pwpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Alexa-Bliss-51.jpg

IP Logged

wgonzo64
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #18 - Apr 27th, 2018 at 1:22pm

kam16 wrote on Apr 27th, 2018 at 5:49am:
Will_the_Thrill wrote on Apr 27th, 2018 at 5:09am:

For an ex-physique contestant, Lexi Kaufman (the name to search under from those days) has remarkably few muscle/flexing shots out there, and does virtually no new ones.† So I'd keep her in this thread too.† But here are a couple of old ones:

i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/cf/f3/c9cff3360cd20aff580254fce0efc693.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/cf/f3/c9cff3360cd20aff580254fce0efc693.jpg

pwpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Alexa-Bliss-51.jpg
http://pwpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Alexa-Bliss-51.jpg

both good points    thanks

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #19 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 12:21am

spin wrote on Apr 25th, 2018 at 5:01am:
Hereís a plan I heard the day. Roman spears him through the door; Brock lands first and wins. I donít think thatís what they do; I think Roman wins. The catch here is that heíll be winning at 4pm on the East Coast on a Friday; not many will see this live. So itís possible but not likely that theyíll delay the inevitable once again.

And turns out that plan is just what happened: Reigns spears Lesnar out the cage, Lesnar lands first and retains.

So does the fluky nature of the win set up yet another Reigns/Lesnar title match?† Or is it a way to let Reigns get his heat back while someone else goes on to beat Brock, then let Reigns win the belt from someone else?†

If the latter, and I were picking, I'd pick Bobby Lashley.† That's the one intriguing money match left that Lesnar never has had, with its MMA angle -- the one guy fans might look at (other than Strowman) and say, "You know, maybe he could beat Brock in real life."† And BTW, I don't think WWE has ever had a black world champ -- I don't count Rock, so let's just say African-American -- except maybe very briefly many years ago.† Vince never seemed to want to go there, relegating most black performers to the low-to-mid-card, sliding over great talents like Shelton Benjamin, and often seeing black wrestlers in "clown" roles (e.g., New Day, and most painfully, R-Truth). But surely HHH and Stephanie see the PR value, and you'd think even Vince wouldn't be that hard to convince in 2018.

Bonus: Lashley has become decent on the mic since his first run.†

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #20 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 12:57am

I don't know why you wouldn't count The Rock, he is 50% African American and his father "Soul Man" Rocky Johnson was every bit 100% African American. Just because The Rock isn't 100% A-A, doesn't mean he doesn't qualify. That's like saying you don't count Tiger Woods as a great African American golfer or Derek Jeter as a great African American baseball player. That's almost like saying they aren't "black enough". For the most part anybody that has lineage going back several generations in this country is not 100% anything.

Anyway, that all being said none of that should make a difference whether Bobby Lashley gets a championship push or not. He's always had the in ring talent and if that has improved along with his mic skills as you said Kam then it's a no brainer. Put the strap on him.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

kam16
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #21 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 1:46am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Apr 28th, 2018 at 12:57am:
I don't know why you wouldn't count The Rock, he is 50% African American and his father "Soul Man" Rocky Johnson was every bit 100% African American. Just because The Rock isn't 100% A-A, doesn't mean he doesn't qualify. That's like saying you don't count Tiger Woods as a great African American golfer or Derek Jeter as a great African American baseball player. That's almost like saying they aren't "black enough". For the most part anybody that has lineage going back several generations in this country is not 100% anything.

Fair points.† I guess I'm thinking in terms of what would be widely considered an African-American "look;" Rock has more of a Samoan mixed-race appearance.† In the context of this discussion, I'm not thinking about who is black, but about perception.  Main point being, so far as Vince is concerned, black athletes haven't been "top guy" material.† Maybe that's based in his sense of what would have nationwide mass-market appeal, which (in the days when he was rising up in the business) might not have gone over so well in parts of the country.

I just looked up the history of WWE champions and confirmed my impression. (See this list, which doesn't include the handful of "Universal" champs who are recent enough that we can all remember them: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_Champions )

I should say men's champs, of course. Naomi got a run -- technically two, but the first lasted just a few days due to injury.† But to state the obvious, Vince doesn't think of the Smackdown women's champ as a headliner.

I have a hard time even remembering championship programs with black athletes.† I think Shelton Benjamin got a short one with HHH.† Maybe there were others, also brief and unmemorable.† Ron Simmons was champ, but that was in WCW: WWE just likes to take credit so they can run promos in Black History Month.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #22 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 3:28am

Didn't Alicia Fox also have the Diva's title for a cup of coffee ? Of course there is Sasha Banks. Actually so did Jazz and Jackie Moore hold women's title belts of one sort or another. Kind of interesting if you think about it. So many more African American women were WWE world champions than men while of course they have been hundreds more competitors probably.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Duke of Reason

Reply #23 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 5:44am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Apr 28th, 2018 at 3:28am:
Didn't Alicia Fox also have the Diva's title for a cup of coffee ? Of course there is Sasha Banks. Actually so did Jazz and Jackie Moore hold women's title belts of one sort or another. Kind of interesting if you think about it. So many more African American women were WWE world champions than men while of course they have been hundreds more competitors probably.

Sasha Banks is mixed heritage, as is the Rock. But there is guy thatís fully African American; thatís Mark Henry. I do think theyíll give the belt to Lashley if he gets over, but then again guys like Shelton Benjamin and Big E are certainly talented enough for a run as well, and neither have gotten close.

BTW they screwed up the Brock finish today. Itís supposed to be the guy whose feet hits first that wins. That was Roman.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #24 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 7:28am

spin wrote on Apr 28th, 2018 at 5:44am:

Sasha Banks is mixed heritage, as is the Rock.

When Sasha walks down the street guys don't say "Hey, look at that hot mixed heritage chick !"  Roll Eyes You don't need to be 100% African American to be African American, or 100% Jewish to be Jewish or a 100% Native American to be Native American (just ask Mickie  Tongue ), or 100% Hispanic to be Hispanic, and so forth and so on. As I said in my earlier post, hardly anybody is 100% anything anymore in this country with all the intermingling between races, ethnic groups, and religions. Though you may be one of the few exceptions Spin since you've been around since the civil war where intermingling was extremely rare.  Tongue Wink

IP Logged

MisterM

Herbiceps Rocks

Reply #25 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 11:25am

Jacqui held it twice, for two extremely short reigns of about 60 days each. Jazz had two reigns, one of which was for a decent length. They certainly were pushed much less than contemporaries like Sable, Chyna, Ivory, Trish Stratus, or Molly Holly though. Alicia held the Divas title for a short 60 day reign when the belt was being passed around like a hot potato in 2010.

Sasha's the worst of the lot. She's held the title four times, with her longest reign being 27 days. They just don't trust her to put the belt on her for some reason despite her bulking up substantially in the last two years. 

WWE doesn't push Black people as their marquee stars, unfortunately. They've always been relegated to upper mid-card championships, or being the challengers who lose at the top level. And they probably won't until HHH takes over. He made Big E NXT champ, and will likely make Ricochet the champ there at some point in the next year or so.

arcang7  
IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #26 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 4:31pm

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Apr 28th, 2018 at 7:28am:
spin wrote on Apr 28th, 2018 at 5:44am:

Sasha Banks is mixed heritage, as is the Rock.

When Sasha walks down the street guys don't say "Hey, look at that hot mixed heritage chick !"† Roll Eyes You don't need to be 100% African American to be African American, or 100% Jewish to be Jewish or a 100% Native American to be Native American (just ask Mickie† Tongue ), or 100% Hispanic to be Hispanic, and so forth and so on. As I said in my earlier post, hardly anybody is 100% anything anymore in this country with all the intermingling between races, ethnic groups, and religions. Though you may be one of the few exceptions Spin since you've been around since the civil war where intermingling was extremely rare.† Tongue Wink

Funny you should bring that up. I just did 23andMe. (Well actually my sister did, same thing). I am 99.99% Mediterranean with a trace of African (a great grandfather had a really nice tan). 😏

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #27 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 4:37pm

MisterM wrote on Apr 28th, 2018 at 11:25am:
WWE doesn't push Black people as their marquee stars, unfortunately. They've always been relegated to upper mid-card championships, or being the challengers who lose at the top level. And they probably won't until HHH takes over. He made Big E NXT champ, and will likely make Ricochet the champ there at some point in the next year or so.

I never associated Trevor Mann as having African heritage until you just mentioned it. Nor did I think Sasha until she came out on stage with Snoop. I just thought of her as Ratchet.  Grin

IP Logged

musclefan29

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #28 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 6:29pm

On this topic, I wish there were more pics and videos of Ember Moon showing off her strength. She dead lifted 415 during the NXT combine last year (matching Bianca Belair who has at least half a foot and 40 pounds on her), and she has shown an ability to throw opponents around with ease during matches. Ember has freakish strength and athleticism for her size and I would love to see it showcased more.

I posted in the Sasha thread my admiration for her combo of strength and beauty and how she continues to be overlooked and criminally underused.

IP Logged

Jon stunner
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #29 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 5:11pm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 54
Send Topic Print