Send Topic Print
WWE Women XI (Read 102057 times)
spin
God Member

The Internet Duke of Reason

Re: WWE Women XI
Reply #570 - Jan 22nd, 2019 at 2:31am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Jan 22nd, 2019 at 1:21am:
Remember this throwback which at the time probably not many put all that much thought into it but today we would think as quite surprising. Starting at 2:22, Sonya Deville, not once, not twice, but three times squashes Mandy Rose arm wrestling back during their performance center days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN2tRgKEVXA

Mandy didn’t know what she was doing. She was in the vastly inferior position all three times. She would have needed professional technique to win from there, and she doesn’t have that.

IP Logged

Kam61

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #571 - Jan 22nd, 2019 at 5:30am

Lacey Evans makes her speaking debut and, before she can say a word, knocks her hat over her face when she grabs the mike (a moment WWE cut from its YT replay):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQR9TP_G9XQ

So is this the start of Alexa's face or tweener turn?  Might be about time.  She's done all she can do as a heel for a while.  The crowd sounds like they're ready to cheer her.  And her wit makes her a natural foil to puncture Lacey's snooty, queen-of-the-manor character.  Getting Lacey over will be about mike and character work much more than ring work, so I could see this feud.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #572 - Jan 22nd, 2019 at 5:57am

Kam61 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2019 at 5:30am:
So is this the start of Alexa's face or tweener turn?  Might be about time.  She's done all she can do as a heel for a while.  The crowd sounds like they're ready to cheer her.  And her wit makes her a natural foil to puncture Lacey's snooty, queen-of-the-manor character.  Getting Lacey over will be about mike and character work much more than ring work, so I could see this feud.

I guess this starts face Alexa, who knows?
Just what was that accent Lacey was trying? Certainly wasn’t Southern. Maybe it’s New England. Or Old England. Anyway it was no good.
One thing we do know, they’re turning Bianca Belair face. She teamed with Kairi at the house shows. Got a good reaction too.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #573 - Jan 22nd, 2019 at 7:40am

spin wrote on Jan 22nd, 2019 at 2:31am:
Will_the_Thrill wrote on Jan 22nd, 2019 at 1:21am:
Remember this throwback which at the time probably not many put all that much thought into it but today we would think as quite surprising. Starting at 2:22, Sonya Deville, not once, not twice, but three times squashes Mandy Rose arm wrestling back during their performance center days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN2tRgKEVXA

Mandy didn’t know what she was doing. She was in the vastly inferior position all three times. She would have needed professional technique to win from there, and she doesn’t have that.

Not like Sonya is a pro either.  Roll Eyes

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #574 - Jan 22nd, 2019 at 7:48am

spin wrote on Jan 22nd, 2019 at 5:57am:
Kam61 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2019 at 5:30am:

I guess this starts face Alexa, who knows?
Just what was that accent Lacey was trying? Certainly wasn’t Southern. Maybe it’s New England. Or Old England. Anyway it was no good.
One thing we do know, they’re turning Bianca Belair face. She teamed with Kairi at the house shows. Got a good reaction too.

I've said all along there is a lot of Trish-like similarities with Alexa. Though a different era, with not nearly the amount of female talent let alone females period on the main roster during Trish's beginnings but she was the biggest female heel before becoming the biggest female face. I'm not saying Alexa would come anywhere near what Trish was, or even say what Becky Lynch is now in popularity, but Alexa could be a huge face and just a great positive role model for girls and ambassador for the company just being her natural self.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Kam61

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #575 - Jan 23rd, 2019 at 4:58am

IP Logged

Kam61

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #576 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 4:32pm

Well!  So much for the Horsewomen feud, perhaps.  As of today, Meltzer says Ronda Rousey looks likely to be on her way out after Wrestlemania:

https://www.f4wonline.com/january-28-2019-observer-newsletter-future-ronda-rouse...

This may indeed have been likely from the start.  But I wonder if having the crowds turn on her visa-vis Becky -- and even Charlotte -- has accelerated the process, made it less fun than Ronda thought it would be.  It would have been one thing if she'd been trying to play heel, but she ended up taking the brunt of fans' resentment over Vince's booking.  When you're getting that treatment after taking a legit painful beating, with welts all over your body, it does tend to make you think, "Why am I doing this again?"

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #577 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 6:04pm

Kam61 wrote on Jan 24th, 2019 at 4:32pm:
Well!  So much for the Horsewomen feud, perhaps.  As of today, Meltzer says Ronda Rousey looks likely to be on her way out after Wrestlemania:

https://www.f4wonline.com/january-28-2019-observer-newsletter-future-ronda-rouse...

This may indeed have been likely from the start.  But I wonder if having the crowds turn on her visa-vis Becky -- and even Charlotte -- has accelerated the process, made it less fun than Ronda thought it would be.  It would have been one thing if she'd been trying to play heel, but she ended up taking the brunt of fans' resentment over Vince's booking.  When you're getting that treatment after taking a legit painful beating, with welts all over your body, it does tend to make you think, "Why am I doing this again?"

This all goes back to my speculation as well before Ronda debuted, just how well, or not so well, would Ronda be able to handle a "loss" in the WWE. We all knew, as did she, there was going to be the prolonged period of her just squashing women and not losing at the very least up until this Wrestlemania. So it sure seems the plan is regardless of whether Ronda stays or leaves, is for her to put Becky over (previously it would have been Charlotte). Now that we are getting there, that isn't sitting well with Ronda. Not that she refuses to do it, just that she knows the honeymoon is over and on screen she would have to deal publicly with "losing" to Becky. Scripted or not that is just too much for her fragile ego to deal with and I can certainly see her bailing after WM, retreating to her farm, back in hiding with her hubby, and the next time Ronda is seen publicly she will have a baby in her arms.

If this pans out at all, then the one year era of Ronda Rousey in the WWE will turn out to be just one big "Meh".  Undecided

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #578 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 6:14pm

When you're getting that treatment after taking a legit painful beating, with welts all over your body, it does tend to make you think, "Why am I doing this again?"

Another reason (and yeah I am biased) why Mickie James' career and her commitment to the industry should be looked at with even more awe and respect. She's been doing it for 20 years. Started at the bottom of the scrap heap, dealt with all the crap as well as the glory the industry hands you. Stepped away, had a child, came back, looks better than ever, finds the time to be a loving mom and wife as well stay committed to wrestling and now doing everything she is asked to do with the WWE. That is dedication and a true love for the industry.

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Maestro Of The Dawg Pound

Reply #579 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 7:00pm

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Jan 24th, 2019 at 6:14pm:
When you're getting that treatment after taking a legit painful beating, with welts all over your body, it does tend to make you think, "Why am I doing this again?"

Another reason (and yeah I am biased) why Mickie James' career and her commitment to the industry should be looked at with even more awe and respect. She's been doing it for 20 years. Started at the bottom of the scrap heap, dealt with all the crap as well as the glory the industry hands you. Stepped away, had a child, came back, looks better than ever, finds the time to be a loving mom and wife as well stay committed to wrestling and now doing everything she is asked to do with the WWE. That is dedication and a true love for the industry.

As a fellow Virginian, I completely support anything she desires to do.   Smiley

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #580 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 7:58pm

So,

The Ronda Rousey experiment was a flop? Hmmm, I'm not surprised. She seemed just out of her element, and the universe (WWE fans) not really warming up to her didn't help because most saw her as just a female Lesnar, not a great recipe for success, right?

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #581 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 8:09pm

Cas wrote on Jan 24th, 2019 at 7:58pm:
So,

The Ronda Rousey experiment was a flop? Hmmm, I'm not surprised. She seemed just out of her element, and the universe (WWE fans) not really warming up to her didn't help because most saw her as just a female Lesnar, not a great recipe for success, right?

The beginning wasn't a flop at all. The fans totally embraced her. The problem was they pushed her way too fast and put a title on her way too soon. After awhile the fans get tired of the act and special treatment. It's sad because Ronda has all the physical tools and then some to be a great performer. She just doesn't have the mental make up for the long term ups and downs that come with it.

IP Logged

Cas
God Member

GO BLUE!

Michigan
Reply #582 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 9:33pm

Damn! Shoulda went with the first post I wrote, which said pretty much what you said Will, don't know what got into me! Embarrassed  Thanks for correcting me.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #583 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 9:43pm

Cas wrote on Jan 24th, 2019 at 9:33pm:
Damn! Shoulda went with the first post I wrote, which said pretty much what you said Will, don't know what got into me! Embarrassed  Thanks for correcting me.

I wouldn't call it "correcting" you Cas. Just expressing my counterpoint.  Wink

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #584 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 10:36pm

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Jan 24th, 2019 at 6:04pm:

This all goes back to my speculation as well before Ronda debuted, just how well, or not so well, would Ronda be able to handle a "loss" in the WWE. We all knew, as did she, there was going to be the prolonged period of her just squashing women and not losing at the very least up until this Wrestlemania. So it sure seems the plan is regardless of whether Ronda stays or leaves, is for her to put Becky over (previously it would have been Charlotte). Now that we are getting there, that isn't sitting well with Ronda. Not that she refuses to do it, just that she knows the honeymoon is over and on screen she would have to deal publicly with "losing" to Becky. Scripted or not that is just too much for her fragile ego to deal with and I can certainly see her bailing after WM, retreating to her farm, back in hiding with her hubby, and the next time Ronda is seen publicly she will have a baby in her arms.

If this pans out at all, then the one year era of Ronda Rousey in the WWE will turn out to be just one big "Meh".  Undecided

This has nothing to do with any of this. Ronda has a farm with goats that she loves. She has Travis Browne. They want to have kids. She wants to have a family. That’s all this is.

She made this clear to WWE last year. That’s last year, when she signed. She’s signed thru 2021 with the agreement that her schedule would change. She’s not leaving; she’ll be working with the company on things thru 2021. But wrestling much less, if at all. Just like John Cena. Except John can’t get pregnant, as much as Nikki would like him to.

As for losing, she and Nattie lost on Monday without any drama. She’s putting over Becky at WM on her way back to her farm. Then we’ll see how much she’s around. I think she’ll be there some in the fall to give some rub to Shayna, Jessamyn and Marina. But we’ll see.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 43
Send Topic Print