Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Herbiceps
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 
Send Topic Print
WWE Women XI (Read 102059 times)
MaestroDawg65
God Member

Maestro Of The Dawg Pound

Re: WWE Women XI
Reply #600 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 4:47pm

Could someone please explain to me the logic of removing Becky Lynch from the potential WrestleMania main event with Ronda Rousey?  To replace her with Charlotte Flair.  I'm sure they'll have Charlotte gloating over it on TV tonight.  Maybe they'll have Becky save Ronda from a possible three on one beatdown by The Riott Squad at Elimination Chamber.  This entire angle with the Becky's "injury" and her "forced apology" hasn't made any sense, other than to have The Authority have some relevance on TV.  To have "The Man" have to cower down to "The Authority" just to keep her place in the WWE.  I just don't see how Becky will be back in at WrestleMania unless Ronda herself persuades either Vince, Stephanie or Triple H to let her back in. 

Maybe they're taking Becky down a notch because her Tweets, if they are hers, have been destroying Ronda.  And Ronda's promos on TV have been absolutely brutal.  At least Charlotte and Ronda have had some history in the ring together.  And it took a fascination with a certain kendo stick to bring that match to a conclusion.

IP Logged

Kam61

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #601 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 6:27pm

MaestroDawg65 wrote on Feb 12th, 2019 at 4:47pm:
Could someone please explain to me the logic of removing Becky Lynch from the potential WrestleMania main event with Ronda Rousey?  To replace her with Charlotte Flair.  I'm sure they'll have Charlotte gloating over it on TV tonight.  Maybe they'll have Becky save Ronda from a possible three on one beatdown by The Riott Squad at Elimination Chamber.  This entire angle with the Becky's "injury" and her "forced apology" hasn't made any sense, other than to have The Authority have some relevance on TV.  To have "The Man" have to cower down to "The Authority" just to keep her place in the WWE.  I just don't see how Becky will be back in at WrestleMania unless Ronda herself persuades either Vince, Stephanie or Triple H to let her back in. 

Maybe they're taking Becky down a notch because her Tweets, if they are hers, have been destroying Ronda.  And Ronda's promos on TV have been absolutely brutal.  At least Charlotte and Ronda have had some history in the ring together.  And it took a fascination with a certain kendo stick to bring that match to a conclusion. 

Oh, Becky will be in the match, all right.  She'll probably even win.  Unless things change again, the latest reporting is that it's going to be a triple threat.  They'll play out the story of how that happens in the weeks before Mania: They're got air time to fill.  (You may be right about Becky helping Ronda at Elimination Chamber: After Raw, the Riott Squad surrounded the two of them and they fought side-by-side: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/becky-lynch-ronda-rousey-brawl-riott-squad-af...)

But why a triple threat?  I want to be careful here: The big problem is not that Charlotte doesn't deserve the spot.  The problem is that the straight-up Becky-Ronda match is the match everyone wants to see, and we're not going to get it.

I think it comes down to protecting Ronda, the mainstream star.  Becky's supposed to win and they don't want Ronda losing clean.  They don't want the battle of promos and charisma, where it's now clear that she can't help but lose clean.  They don't the fans turning on her, making her the clear heel. 

Enter Charlotte, who is the clear heel, to take the heat.  And even if Becky beats Ronda, she'll have done it in the screwy dynamic of a triple threat where Ronda had chances to win earlier but Charlotte broke them up (or Becky broke them up over Charlotte).  So when it's all over, Ronda can come back -- whether she keeps on working or takes a break first -- and her aura of being the best one-on-one (as she would be in a real-life fight) won't be damaged.

I get the logic behind it.  But it's still not the match fans want to see.  WWE won't be delivering the money match.  And in protecting their mainstream star, they're actually diminishing her.

So yes, now we have the farce of the New Era (because nothing says "change" like McMahons all over WWE product  Roll Eyes) blown away within a few weeks as everyone expected.

In fact, now that I write those words, I think maybe that's how Becky gets back in the match.  Stephanie and HHH don't take this lying down.  They advocate for getting Becky in there and delivering what the fans want, until Vince compromises.  They become the faces of reform in WWE.  That's why they've been painted as so reasonable the past couple weeks. 

So in the end, the show still is all about the McMahons, and the talent is secondary.  And we get part of the message Vince delivered (the true part inserted in the middle of a heel promo): No one is bigger than WWE.  Meaning no one is bigger than themselves.
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2019 at 7:40pm by Kam61 »  

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Duke of Reason

Reply #602 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 9:09pm

Kam61 wrote on Feb 12th, 2019 at 6:27pm:
So in the end, the show still is all about the McMahons, and the talent is secondary.  And we get part of the message Vince delivered (the true part inserted in the middle of a heel promo): No one is bigger than WWE.  Meaning no one is bigger than themselves.

That’s absolutely the Vince mindset. Talent will come and go, but the McMahons will always be there. He learned that one from Stone Cold and The Rock.

Originally Becky was wrestling Ronda at Royal Rumble, then it was Charlotte for WM. Then Becky got hot, and the company knew that Ronda was getting turned on big time if they did that. So they went with the throwaway Sasha Banks story for the Rumble, and made plans for the three way at WM. Kam made the excellent points as to why it’s a three way, and I’ll add in two more. One, the company likes Charlotte. And two, it’s a much better match with her in there. She’s a far better worker than either Becky or Ronda and she’ll hold the match together. And with Ronda taking a hiatus post WM, she’ll be the hot heel for matches with Becky.

So Vince rehashed the same old story of Evil Boss vs. the hot hero that’s he’s used for a Stone Cold, and Daniel Bryan, and Roman, and even Braun. The only one it’s worked for is Stone Cold, because he could flip off Vince and give him stunners. He’s too old for that now. And the other McMahons can’t pull it off as well. Steph is too cartoony, Uncle Paul is babyface GM for NXT, Shane is too popular.

By now it’s a boring story. But the whole show last night was the most boring I’ve seen in a while, apart from the Glorious Revival match.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Reply #603 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 9:27pm

It would be disgraceful should that crusty old fart McMahon make that WM match a three way including Charlotte. First of all that kills any possibility of making it a legit main event match for WM. Then again that sexist old fossil probably doesn't want the women to headline WM anyway. If Rousey is up and leaving, running back to her goat farm afterwards then she not only should she NEEDS to job...whether it's to Becky or anybody else. Ronda should (maybe she has, who knows, but I wouldn't bet on it) go up and voluntarily offer to put Becky over. Ronda would gain more respect, credibility, fans and popularity by "doing the honors" cleanly than if Becky were to pin Charlotte or lose by some other fluky way. What would the WWE really be protecting Ronda from ? Not like she has never ever lost before in any combat sport ? Sure she is still a big named celebrity, but she is not looked at as any unbeatable badass anymore. We will see what happens, but if there is any other ending besides Becky cleanly pinning Ronda 1,2,3 or making her tap (which I realistically wouldn't expect anyway) then once again I say the WWE is more concerned about Ronda's own psyche when it comes to losing and being able to deal with it and wanting to soften that blow as much as possible.  Roll Eyes

As for this bullsh** new era McMahon authority crapola, to quote The Who, "Meet the old boss, same as the old boss." Nothing as changed.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2019 at 4:51pm by Will_the_Thrill »  

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #604 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 9:41pm

spin wrote on Feb 12th, 2019 at 9:09pm:
[quote author=343921223A2739316067550 link=1524502412/601#601 date=1549996046]
Kam made the excellent points as to why it’s a three way, and I’ll add in two more. One, the company likes Charlotte. And two, it’s a much better match with her in there. She’s a far better worker than either Becky or Ronda and she’ll hold the match together. And with Ronda taking a hiatus post WM, she’ll be the hot heel for matches with Becky.

No it's not. Nobody is interested in Charlotte being in this match and no 3 way match is ever better or more intriguing than a one on one between the two hottest stars you have. As far Charlotte being a "much Better" worker than Becky, I highly disagree. Better maybe, because she is just so gifted athletically and it's in her blood, but not so much better you need her in this match. That's just ridiculous. There were no concerns of adding a third wheel when Ronda took on Alexa and Nia Jax during a time when Ronda was still green, Nia is always a rolling trainwreck and Alexa is just ok. You certainly don't need it in this match with Becky. I do agree though VKM injecting Charlotte into this was a sure shot way to get a lot of heel heat off of Ronda. But again that is an unnecessary move. Let Ronda be a heel. Let's face it, if Ronda is leaving, it's not on hiatus, she's gone. If she starts to have a family she isn't coming back to wrestle again. Not full time, not part time. MAYBE as a one time thing in a tag match or guest referee but that's it. Anything else is just fantasy thinking. I think you would see a better chance of Ronda and Miesha in the cage against each other one more time than you would see Ronda coming back to wrestle if it was after she had a baby.  Roll Eyes

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Duke of Reason

Reply #605 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 11:35pm

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Feb 12th, 2019 at 9:41pm:
Kam made the excellent points as to why it’s a three way, and I’ll add in two more. One, the company likes Charlotte. And two, it’s a much better match with her in there. She’s a far better worker than either Becky or Ronda and she’ll hold the match together. And with Ronda taking a hiatus post WM, she’ll be the hot heel for matches with Becky.

No it's not. Nobody is interested in Charlotte being in this match and no 3 way match is ever better or more intriguing than a one on one between the two hottest stars you have. As far Charlotte being a "much Better" worker than Becky, I highly disagree. Better maybe, because she is just so gifted athletically and it's in her blood, but not so much better you need her in this match. That's just ridiculous. There were no concerns of adding a third wheel when Ronda took on Alexa and Nia Jax during a time when Ronda was still green, Nia is always a rolling trainwreck and Alexa is just ok. You certainly don't need it in this match with Becky. I do agree though VKM injecting Charlotte into this was a sure shot way to get a lot of heel heat off of Ronda. But again that is an unnecessary move. Let Ronda be a heel. Let's face it, if Ronda is leaving, it's not on hiatus, she's gone. If she starts to have a family she isn't coming back to wrestle again. Not full time, not part time. MAYBE as a one time thing in a tag match or guest referee but that's it. Anything else is just fantasy thinking. I think you would see a better chance of Ronda and Miesha in the cage against each other one more time than you would see Ronda coming back to wrestle if it was after she had a baby.  Roll Eyes

Wait, weren’t you the one who warned us that Ronda would pout and be less enthusiastic once the fans turned on her? Well, you were right, and it’s happening. She’s already less cooperative with both fans and media. She’s not Shayna; she won’t embrace the heel role well. Charlotte can take some of that heat from her.

The tentative plans as of now is that Becky wins the three way, pinning Charlotte. Then Ronda does the “I never lost” story, and she challenges Becky at Fast Lane. Ronda jobs there, and that’s her probable exit from the company. And yeah, if she has kids she won’t come back, except as a fan for Shayna. She’s not Mickie or Trish.

Also the plan right now is that this is definitely the WM main event. Brock and Rollins can’t main, that match will be too short. Bryan and AJ or Joe could, but on his scale of jollies that ranks below the women’s match.

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Reply #606 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 11:56pm

Busted Open Radio's take on Ronda, Charlotte and Becky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsyzGk4Lw8o

IP Logged

Kam61

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #607 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 12:52am

spin wrote on Feb 12th, 2019 at 11:35pm:

Wait, weren’t you the one who warned us that Ronda would pout and be less enthusiastic once the fans turned on her? Well, you were right, and it’s happening. She’s already less cooperative with both fans and media. She’s not Shayna; she won’t embrace the heel role well. Charlotte can take some of that heat from her.

The tentative plans as of now is that Becky wins the three way, pinning Charlotte. Then Ronda does the “I never lost” story, and she challenges Becky at Fast Lane. Ronda jobs there, and that’s her probable exit from the company. And yeah, if she has kids she won’t come back, except as a fan for Shayna. She’s not Mickie or Trish.

This is the first I've heard about Ronda getting less cooperative with fans and media.  As an Observer subscriber, can you expand on that with more info?  (FTR, I didn't predict that it would happen as Will did, but I raised the possibility that her enthusiasm might wane when the fans turned.)

I feel better about the Mania three-way if we're going to get Becky and Ronda one-on-one separately.  I still want that on The Grandest Stage of Them All, but better elsewhere than not at all.  And it's true that might relieve some of the pressure on the Mania main event: The standards for a Fastlane match aren't as high.  And there's no doubt Charlotte will deliver.  She always does. 

Meanwhile, poor Asuka.  She's a world champ and no one wants to fight her for it.  She might as well have the U.S. title.  Who's her Mania opponent: Mandy Rose?  (The only good match I can see for her is if they promote, say, Kairi Sane -- who was backstage at Smackdown recently and did get a main-roster appearance at Survivor Series, along with some other NXTers.)

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #608 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 1:09am

spin wrote on Feb 12th, 2019 at 11:35pm:

So because Ronda has a pouty face now, now they have to protect her ?? If Ronda isn't jobbing to Becky at WM she is not jobbing to her at fast lane. She will be milking her goats for milk or however you get goat milk by then.  Roll Eyes  The fans will have more respect for Ronda is she isn't given any special treatment and would be less likely to boo her. Right now the fans don't look at Ronda truly as one of the other women on the roster. Though in a different way the fans now look at Charlotte and Ronda similarly..as entitled and privileged. I tell you this, if Ronda did job to Becky, one on one at WM, and handed the belt to Becky afterwards in the middle of the ring, the fans would cheer her loudly in appreciation as she left the ring. Like Hogan did with Warrior, sort of. The more WWE protects Ronda the more she will be resented.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #609 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 1:17am

Kam61 wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 12:52am:
Meanwhile, poor Asuka.  She's a world champ and no one wants to fight her for it.  She might as well have the U.S. title.  Who's her Mania opponent: Mandy Rose?  (The only good match I can see for her is if they promote, say, Kairi Sane -- who was backstage at Smackdown recently and did get a main-roster appearance at Survivor Series, along with some other NXTers.)

Well Mandy may be a champion by year's end but she certainly isn't ready yet. Better chance she and Sonya become women tag champs first but it sure seems that is probably destined for Bayley and Sasha.

If Charlotte is to wrestle at WM it probably should be against Asuka. That makes a helluva lot more sense than inserting her in a three way with Becky and Ronda. Maybe they have Asuka do an open challenge at WM to any woman in the locker room and Nia Jax gets fed to Asuka. Though a really good solid match would be Natalya.

IP Logged

musclefan29

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #610 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 4:59am

I predict Becky will crash Ric Flair's bday party in two weeks

IP Logged

musclefan29

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #611 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 5:01am

I hope Mandy gets a chance to showcase her strength in the Chamber, maybe by throwing Tamina around a bit.

IP Logged

6789shav
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #612 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 3:37pm

Will wrote in #603......"to quote the Who...."  Actually, it's 'meet the new boss, same as the old boss." From my CD of the Who's Greatest Hits.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #613 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 4:50pm

6789shav wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 3:37pm:
Will wrote in #603......"to quote the Who...."  Actually, it's 'meet the new boss, same as the old boss." From my CD of the Who's Greatest Hits.

Yes, you are correct and why I put "see" I have no clue. I know that song inside and out. That's what happens when you get old and senile. I probably had 'See me, Feel me" on the brain...yeah that's it. That's my story and I am sticking to it ! Undecided                          I shall fix that Shav.

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Reply #614 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:18pm

musclefan29 wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 5:01am:
I hope Mandy gets a chance to showcase her strength in the Chamber, maybe by throwing Tamina around a bit.

If Mandy bodyslammed Tamina I would be shocked.  Excited at the show of strength, but shocked.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 
Send Topic Print