Send Topic Print
WWE Women XI (Read 138794 times)
Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Muscle by Mickie :-)

Re: WWE Women XI
Reply #675 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 4:38am

Kam61 wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 4:28am:
They certainly have made this Mania match build more complicated than it needed to be, didn't they?† Becky won a match, so she's in. No wait, she's out.† And injured.† No wait, she gets in if she wins another match against the same person (Charlotte) she beat last time.† Though she's still injured. On and on Ö

All that said, I'm glad she won tonight by Ronda-caused DQ.† (Motive: Ronda wants to kick both their asses.)† Although Charlotte can take some losses, if they had her lose clean to an injured Becky the same way she did a few weeks ago, she really would look weak.

Now here's hoping this is the last thing they do with Becky's "injury."† It's been done to death.† Let's be rid of these ridiculous complications in a grudge match that sells itself.† The next four weeks' build should be about the grudge and only the grudge.

Yeah, that finish wasn't too predictable.  Roll Eyes I was thinking the same thing, Becky beating Charlotte yet again on one wheel would make the Queen look uber weak. So how do you get around it ? Have Ronda interfere and get Charlotte disqualified. Brilliant !! Ehh, not really. This was all a waste of time really. Becky continuing to have to sell this leg "injury" at this point is doing more harm to the buildup of this WM match than it is doing any good.

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

The Internet Duke of Reason

Re: WWE Women
Reply #676 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 5:40am

They certainly have made this Mania match build more complicated than it needed to be, didn't they?† Becky won a match, so she's in. No wait, she's out.† And injured.† No wait, she gets in if she wins another match against the same person (Charlotte) she beat last time.† Though she's still injured. On and on Ö

Yes, but the ending to this didnít surprise me. Itís an old booking trick from the 70ís. Except then it was generally done to screw the baby face out of a title. Here it was done to help the baby face. That is, if Beckyís still the face. If she was, in storyline she should have refused the cheap win, fought valiantly ahead and won anyway. This win didnít help her. And it made both Charlotte and Ronda a bit more face like too. That makes no sense.

What also makes no sense is that Beckyís leg was injured a while back, and the doctors wouldnít clear her. Then a couple of weeks later it got better, and they did clear her. And then after that, with no injury angle, Beckyís leg suddenly got even worse and sheís walking around with crutches. But her arm, which was arm barred brutally 4 times by Ronda, that was just fine the next day. What she needed was to get put in Shaneís devastating armbar; that would have done the trick.

The other womenís matches were a mess. Mandy clearly not ready for Asuka. Neither her offense or selling was very good. And Sonya mistimed the kendo stick spot.

But that was a match classic compared to the tag match.  Nia and Tamina couldnít catch a cold, let alone Bayley or Sasha. And Tamina was off on everything. Hope Nattie can get Beth back to match shape, because sheíll need it working with those two oafs.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #677 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 5:47am

Any tag match involving Nia Jax and Tamina is considered a success if their opponents get through the match with only minor bumps and bruises and no major injuries.  Roll Eyes

One useless man is called a disgrace. Two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #678 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 5:55am

spin wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 5:40am:

Yes, but the ending to this didnít surprise me. Itís an old booking trick from the 70ís. Except then it was generally done to screw the baby face out of a title. Here it was done to help the baby face. That is, if Beckyís still the face. If she was, in storyline she should have refused the cheap win, fought valiantly ahead and won anyway. This win didnít help her. And it made both Charlotte and Ronda a bit more face like too. That makes no sense.

Actually it makes perfect sense. Ronda wants Becky so badly she interferes to make sure Charlotte doesn't win. Becky has already beaten Charlotte on a bad wheel and on two good wheels. You can't really afford to weaken Charlotte THAT much more by having her lose to Becky on an even more "injured" leg than she had at the Rumble. Becky beating Charlotte cleanly tonight would have lent no credibility whatsoever to her participation in the triple threat match at WM. That's why the finish tonight was soooooo predictable. Certainly doesn't make Ronda look anything remotely facelike by interfering in this match in any way. Charlotte maybe, but to me it just makes her look more like an afterthought in Ronda's mind by costing her the match and getting Becky into WM.

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Maestro Of The Dawg Pound

Reply #679 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 6:12am

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 5:47am:
Any tag match involving Nia Jax and Tamina is considered a success if their opponents get through the match with only minor bumps and bruises and no major injuries.† Roll Eyes

I wonder if the attack on Beth Phoenix is a prelude to having her return to the ring.

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #680 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 1:31pm

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 5:55am:
spin wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 5:40am:

Actually it makes perfect sense. Ronda wants Becky so badly she interferes to make sure Charlotte doesn't win. Becky has already beaten Charlotte on a bad wheel and on two good wheels. You can't really afford to weaken Charlotte THAT much more by having her lose to Becky on an even more "injured" leg than she had at the Rumble. Becky beating Charlotte cleanly tonight would have lent no credibility whatsoever to her participation in the triple threat match at WM. That's why the finish tonight was soooooo predictable. Certainly doesn't make Ronda look anything remotely facelike by interfering in this match in any way. Charlotte maybe, but to me it just makes her look more like an afterthought in Ronda's mind by costing her the match and getting Becky into WM.

Yes, what you said makes sense. But the fans want Becky in the match. So Ronda, who just turned heel, gave the fans what they wanted by screwing Charlotte to get Becky in the match. Thatís what a face should do, not a heel. And Charlotte got screwed in a match she was winning. Thatís usually how you book faces, not heels. And Becky, she accepts the cheap win. Thatís what a heel does, not a face. This whole story is ass backwards. And they could have avoided all of it simply by not turning Ronda heel with that stupid promo on Monday.

Becky will still be the big fan favorite at WM, but if they keep booking her like this, sheíll be less popular than she was.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #681 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 4:25pm

spin wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 1:31pm:
Becky will still be the big fan favorite at WM, but if they keep booking her like this, sheíll be less popular than she was.

That is probably the evil long term plan anyway. They never wanted Becky to be this popular anyway. Think about it. The plan from day one was to have Charlotte vs Ronda on WM. Then oooops. Charlotte screws Becky out of the title, Becky turns on Charlotte and just like that she's the hottest thing in the WWE. VKM didn't expect that or want that to happen. So anyway, without rehashing everything else since then, the powers that be, still find a way to get Charlotte in this WM match while they have Becky hobble around on a crutch while not being able to really kick any as or be in any real match for over five weeks now. They are already breaking Becky down. She may very well win at WM and if it goes by true WM, main event finishes, which is to send the fans home happier than a pig in you know what she will pin Ronda cleanly. That part of it I am not betting on. Becky wins by beating Charlotte which makes the fans only half happy and the WM finish anti-climatic. But all that being said we are still not sure if this match is main eventing WM yet. If it's not then all bets are off and Charlotte could very well win or Ronda retains. Who knows what the old kook will be thinking when he wakes up that morning. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

spin
God Member

Reply #682 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 8:54pm

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 4:25pm:

That is probably the evil long term plan anyway. They never wanted Becky to be this popular anyway. Think about it. The plan from day one was to have Charlotte vs Ronda on WM. Then oooops. Charlotte screws Becky out of the title, Becky turns on Charlotte and just like that she's the hottest thing in the WWE. VKM didn't expect that or want that to happen. So anyway, without rehashing everything else since then, the powers that be, still find a way to get Charlotte in this WM match while they have Becky hobble around on a crutch while not being able to really kick any as or be in any real match for over five weeks now. They are already breaking Becky down. She may very well win at WM and if it goes by true WM, main event finishes, which is to send the fans home happier than a pig in you know what she will pin Ronda cleanly. That part of it I am not betting on. Becky wins by beating Charlotte which makes the fans only half happy and the WM finish anti-climatic. But all that being said we are still not sure if this match is main eventing WM yet. If it's not then all bets are off and Charlotte could very well win or Ronda retains. Who knows what the old kook will be thinking when he wakes up that morning. Roll Eyes

Thatís all spot on, especially the part about kooky Vince waking up in the morning and either forgetting his old ideas or coming up with new ones.

I still think Charlotte gets pinned at WM and then Ronda does the honors in her farewell to Raw the next night. Then they cool Becky off and put the belt on Mandy at Summerslam.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #683 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 4:26pm

spin wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 8:54pm:
Will_the_Thrill wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 4:25pm:

Thatís all spot on, especially the part about kooky Vince waking up in the morning and either forgetting his old ideas or coming up with new ones.

I still think Charlotte gets pinned at WM and then Ronda does the honors in her farewell to Raw the next night. Then they cool Becky off and put the belt on Mandy at Summerslam.

Here's a finish I came up with for that match that would have VKM written all over it.

Simultaneously, Becky puts the disarmer on Ronda while Charlotte puts on the figure eight. Either Ronda taps out after awhile or passes out. She loses the title but the belt remains vacant since it can't be determined who she tapped out or passed out to.† Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Kam61
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #684 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 5:51pm

Will_the_Thrill wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 4:26pm:
Here's a finish I came up with for that match that would have VKM written all over it.

Simultaneously, Becky puts the disarmer on Ronda while Charlotte puts on the figure eight. Either Ronda taps out after awhile or passes out. She loses the title but the belt remains vacant since it can't be determined who she tapped out or passed out to.† Roll Eyes

Oh man. I could actually see that happening.

I couldn't at first.  I thought, "Not at Mania.  They gotta have a payoff there."  And maybe they will.

But then I thought Ö Vince is fanatical about protecting his "transcendent" stars.  The last two times Lesnar dropped the title, it was done in a fluky way: Goldberg caught him off-guard and Reigns won after Lesnar let himself get distracted clobbering Strowman on the outside.  Going back even further, the one time Lesnar lost to Undertaker in their three matches, it was because Taker cheated.

Likewise, this would protect Ronda for potential future matches, even if they're a ways down the road.  This way, she's still billable as The Baddest Woman on the Planet (at least the planet that exists in the WWE Universe). And bonus: This way, they can draw out Charlotte and Becky even longer.

If I had to guess what they'll do, I'd guess they won't do this.  I still think they don't leave the crowd booing at the end of five hours (or is it even longer)?  But I don't say that with a ton of confidence.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

MaestroDawg65
God Member

Maestro Of The Dawg Pound

Reply #685 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 6:05pm

That finish couldn't be possible because the Dis-Arm-Her is done with the opponent laying on their belly.  The Figure Eight could never be applied.  In fact, a Figure Four in that position would do more harm to Charlotte than to Ronda due to a reversal of pressure.  Now if Charlotte were to somehow learn a Sharpshooter, then that could happen.

IP Logged

Will_the_Thrill
YaBB Moderator

Reply #686 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 6:56pm

MaestroDawg65 wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 6:05pm:
That finish couldn't be possible because the Dis-Arm-Her is done with the opponent laying on their belly.† The Figure Eight could never be applied.† In fact, a Figure Four in that position would do more harm to Charlotte than to Ronda due to a reversal of pressure.† Now if Charlotte were to somehow learn a Sharpshooter, then that could happen.†

The disarmer could be done with the opponent on her back...just bend the arm the other way.† Tongue
With the way Ronda is acting over the top heelish and pretty much crapping on the wrestling business now in general I'm thinking the plan is there will be major payback (scripted of course† Roll Eyes ) sent her way whether at WM or the following night at RAW before she goes bye bye.

IP Logged

Kam61
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #687 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 1:45am

IP Logged

Kam61
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #688 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:50pm

Natalya:

@NatbyNature ∑ 2h2 hours ago 
300lb box squats today! #UNBREAKABLE #RoadtoWrestlemania fueled by @WorkHorseFit 🔥🏋️‍♀️

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1jOPmxWkAA02gD.jpg

IP Logged

Kam61
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #689 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 3:10am

Does Chelsea Green look pained executing her finisher?† That's because she broke her right wrist midway through her first NXT match last night.† (It won't air; it was a dark match.)† She finished the match, then had surgery this morning.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1qL8yBUgAEvpMY.jpg

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 59
Send Topic Print